• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The terrain editing windown in the world editor becoming extremly slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi everyone, I recently had this problem with the world editor, I don't know if anyone had it before, couldn't fix it.
Basically, editing the terrain or moving the camera is very slow (a 5~10 seconds delay between doing the action, and it actually happening in the map), makes it impossible to edit, the other windows work just fine, object or trigger editors or the menu bar work just fine, it is only the part where there is the terrain.
This is what I already tried :
  • Restarting the PC
  • Reinstalling the new gen world editor
  • Reinstalling warcraft
  • Giving it high priority on task manager and closing everything else
  • Disabling the view of units, doodads, shadows, lightning and everything else that might have caused the problem
  • Trying different files or empty maps
  • Disabling UMSWE and the other new gen options
The problem is still there whatever I do, note that the normal world editor works just fine

Level 28
Your problem is due either by your processor or RAM card, try change it or something because I suppose you been working on a high large map e.g : 256x256 size, plus if you're using too much doodads, effects, that will certainly slow down your World Editor - Terrain Window
P.S : Using too many Triggers in your maps will cause the same thing.

Level 2
Your problem is due either by your processor or RAM card, try change it or something because I suppose you been working on a high large map e.g : 256x256 size, plus if you're using too much doodads, effects, that will certainly slow down your World Editor - Terrain Window
P.S : Using too many Triggers in your maps will cause the same thing.

Chaosy replied instead of me, I already checked for those

Level 2
Win 7, yes, tried running it in XP mode, and no, I tried with 1.27 and with a copy I had kept of 1.26

Status
Not open for further replies.