• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Entire World Editor Goes Black!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have been having this trouble and I have no way of dealing with it. When I start editing a map you see the land, terrain, or whatever you want to call it, but when I open up WarCraft 3 TFT or Test Map, and then get back to the World Editor game terrain, everything goes pitch black, like the Video just got messed up, this is hard for me to edit and test my maps during these time because its takes up alot of time exiting WarCraft 3 and Exiting World Editor then reopen World Editor that I can see the land again. If there is an other topic about this, please put a link into your reply post and I will delete this post. Im sure I am not the only one having this problem, I have tried reinstall the World Editor and it doesn't seem to work. It might be because of my NVidia programs but I have no lead whatsoever.

Level 11
Ive been having the same problem... i cant test my maps without closing WE... :S... (this is quite annoing because i have a map 4.6mb size.. -.- and it takes a lot of time to load)

i hope the control+mouse wheel thing works... :p

Level 12
Remove all imports then and import them again when you think it's time the release it...

It is a field of distance tool the editor uses to save memory and help with lag. It's so you don't see the entire-ity of your map and lag out.

Before you resort to this, hold control and scroll your mousewheel.

Level 4
To be more exact, if I have my World Editor on exactly right now, and i Alt+Tab to it, it will show my Topic and Post messages from this site onto the Terrain Editor, its not actually pitch black. I have updated my NVidia and ASUS Drivers. And searched Online for a clue about Driver causing the problem, which I can't figure anything out at this moment. I have also tried that hold Control + scrolling Mousewheel, that doesn't work. I just thought that there was just a little chance that someone had this problem and fixed it somehow. I feel better that im not the only person who has this problem though.

Level 12
XenoSword]cn[;480030 said:
To be more exact, if I have my World Editor on exactly right now, and i Alt+Tab to it, it will show my Topic and Post messages from this site onto the Terrain Editor, its not actually pitch black. I have updated my NVidia and ASUS Drivers. And searched Online for a clue about Driver causing the problem, which I can't figure anything out at this moment. I have also tried that hold Control + scrolling Mousewheel, that doesn't work. I just thought that there was just a little chance that someone had this problem and fixed it somehow. I feel better that im not the only person who has this problem though.

Oh, I see.

It's a driver problem and your only bet, if not google, is to only work in the editor when you do.

Level 4
It also depends on what you have, like me, I have ASUS and NVidia. I checked around those area in googles, and found out that its not just limited to World Editors. But it seems there is no way around this, unless I downgrade my Driver Version, even that might not even work.

Level 21
XenoSword]cn[;480030 said:

ah, like that...

Well, I'd like to know the cause of this too, since I have the same problem with Windows Media Player (videos) at certain times...
ATI videocard over here... though it happens as well on my older pc with an old geforce card..

Level 12
XenoSword]cn[;480912 said:
It also depends on what you have, like me, I have ASUS and NVidia. I checked around those area in googles, and found out that its not just limited to World Editors. But it seems there is no way around this, unless I downgrade my Driver Version, even that might not even work.

Actually, downgrading your driver might be a great thing to do. I've done it before and it's been successful.

Level 4
I will try DownGrading my Driver, I have no idea why such a thing occurs. But thats way out of my hands and nothing I can do.
2nd Post: I downgraded my Driver Chipsets and I can't downgrade my BIOS, no change, I still have the same problem.

Last edited:
Level 12
XenoSword]cn[;481701 said:
I will try DownGrading my Driver, I have no idea why such a thing occurs. But thats way out of my hands and nothing I can do.
2nd Post: I downgraded my Driver Chipsets and I can't downgrade my BIOS, no change, I still have the same problem.

If you have another video card to test, that would probably be best.

While unfortunate, that would probably be your last option.

Unless there's a known fix for it on google, you're out of luck and have to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.