• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Temple of Loren

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Loren Temple once lay as the pinnacle of grandeur, upon the lands beyond. Now terrible darkness has laid its bond. Upon what once was pure and true. Around the river perils stew. Who will be the ones who dare? And conquest the temple once so fair.
Contents

The Temple of Loren (Map)

Reviews
WolfFarkas
1) creeps too near. 2)merc camp is bloking the paths, creeps should be in camp mode. 3)terrain is lacking, mono-tileset, with som grass here and there and points of dirt, but the overall is monotile ground. flat terrain 4) neutrals should not...
mafe
I'm sorry to say but this map is just very basic. For starters the terrain is flat and most of the maps consists of just one kind of tile. There are small empty spaces between trees everywhere. Several of the ramps are bugged and contain unwalkable...
mafe
No update in more than 3 months. Therefore map set to substandard.
Level 29

1) creeps too near.
upload_2019-4-8_0-11-47.png

2)merc camp is bloking the paths, creeps should be in camp mode.
upload_2019-4-8_0-12-34.png

3)terrain is lacking, mono-tileset, with som grass here and there and points of dirt, but the overall is monotile ground. flat terrain
upload_2019-4-8_0-13-17.png

4) neutrals should not block the paths, aggro, creeps will attack is good to design a U region for creeps and neutral buildings.
upload_2019-4-8_0-15-6.png

5) IMO this is a small paths for a 6 player map, I think it would be good in 1v1, but in 6 is not a good place to be.
upload_2019-4-8_0-16-32.png

6) IMO, it feels to exposed. also highground just in front, if you dont build up, you have no scouting.
upload_2019-4-8_0-18-25.png

7) gaps between trees, wood doesnt protect the peons
upload_2019-4-8_0-20-28.png

8) small path
upload_2019-4-8_0-21-15.png

9) I feel this L17 creep will aggro here, attack while passing.
upload_2019-4-8_0-22-43.png

10) this one is very exposed.
upload_2019-4-8_0-23-50.png

11) IMO , the gates of the center should be broken, but is an IMO, nothing bad for custom play.

12) Green base, I feel the south path is less wide than north, so if the enemy is going to attack this base, I feel like the south path is more hard to attack than the north.
upload_2019-4-8_0-26-52.png

upload_2019-4-8_0-28-7.png

13) yeah, this will attack you, and thats the path from orange base to yellow of the same team.
upload_2019-4-8_0-30-40.png

14) yeah you can hit those from above,
upload_2019-4-8_0-32-26.png

15) IMO, I would not use a flyer for a first expanding, undeads cant creep till tier 2 unless they go with the lich hero. A good balanced map, all players can expand to somewhere, if not, 1 player will starve regarding teching and building army.
upload_2019-4-8_0-34-13.png

16) the harpies should be in camp mode, because the L3 ones have 600 range instead of 500, so they probably will get you.
upload_2019-4-8_0-39-26.png

I like the neutrals distribution, 2 in the corner, 1 in the cener more near the enemy, I like it. I also like the expandings positions.
I also like the tavern positions,

I like the goblin labs, mer camps and goblin merchants positions, but they aggro.

It should be set to set to awaiting update, but I have to say I feel that this map has the potential to be a great map

good luck and see ya

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
I'm sorry to say but this map is just very basic. For starters the terrain is flat and most of the maps consists of just one kind of tile.
There are small empty spaces between trees everywhere. Several of the ramps are bugged and contain unwalkable areas, similar to the screenshot in this post: Naval Graveyard
Most creep camps and itemdrops are questionable.

I know making a large map is a lot of work and you have my respect for trying such a project, but this map needs too much work in many respects. Look at blizzar/ladder maps and try make your map "more like them" in all aspects in case you need inspirationg.
But until there are some fundamental updates, this map goes to Awaiting Update.