• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Temple Of The Gods

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is one of my oldest maps I've made, haven't really gotten around to uploading it. So I figured might as well now.

Map is based on Sunken Ruins, in the center is a temple full of creatures guarding a Fountain, and two Marketplaces on the outskirts of the temple. In the corners are two guarded Mercenary Camps and two guarded Goblin shops. There are 1 green camp per player, and one big red camp guarding the fountain in the temple, but full of rewards.

Keywords:
Sunken Ruins, Temple, Gods, Melee, Camp, Noob
Contents

Temple Of The Gods (Map)

Reviews
23:40, 10th Aug 2013 Orcnet: my review
Level 29
my opinion, the map is very small for 6 player
because you dont have expanding goldmines so creping is limited too
and well never do FFA with this map :(, the midle players wont stand.

the blue base and the yellow base are smaller than the others

the waterfalls seems unatural because the water flows agains gravity doing an arc, maybe ajust them reducing size

for a first map, is a nice work, probably for approve, but carefull with size
64x64 1vs1
96x96 1v1 or 4 player map
128x128 4 player map
160x160 six player map
this is aproximate and subjetive
but i think 96x128 for 6 players is to small

maybe this map can be interesting as 2 vs2 relocating the goldmines and bases

but well is your map

again nice work and good luck

Level 2
my opinion, the map is very small for 6 player
because you dont have expanding goldmines so creping is limited too
and well never do FFA with this map :(, the midle players wont stand.

the blue base and the yellow base are smaller than the others

the waterfalls seems unatural because the water flows agains gravity doing an arc, maybe ajust them reducing size

for a first map, is a nice work, probably for approve, but carefull with size
64x64 1vs1
96x96 1v1 or 4 player map
128x128 4 player map
160x160 six player map
this is aproximate and subjetive
but i think 96x128 for 6 players is to small

maybe this map can be interesting as 2 vs2 relocating the goldmines and bases

but well is your map

again nice work and good luck

Thank you for the advice, but as I said, I made that map really quickly and it was kind of a "meh" project, but thanks for the constructive criticism!

Level 28
Hello Archangelic, let me review your melee map for you.

The terrain layout is probably one of the most used layout out even the idea of having a temple like place in the center is also overused though I love the stairs you made. Seeing that this is your first melee map I think I'll let it slip. About your designing its actually decent with solid design on the temple but the outside part is kinda empty but for some reason looks neat your decent tile brushing probably is the reason.

Anyway I'm pleased with your good neutral building placement and variation and the creep camp is also quite decent but your item drop is ridiculous. Level 8 creep only drops level 2 items and some creep camp doesn't even drop anything I want to tell you that its really is a must so you need to do something about that.

oh and some other notes:

You should put a red creep camp on player's base, they'll automatically removed on the bases if a player is present and occupying the place. Also add a fog.

Its a decent melee map but you have to do something about creep drops and it should be ready to be a approved.

Level 30
Temple of the Gods

Introduction

The melee map is looking good. The layout looks good and it meets the things that a melee should have though I agree with SoJ that some creep camps has no item drops.

Unexpected tab 1

[tab][tabheader]Good Points:[/tabheader]
  • Terrain looks great for me. Map is not flat and also is filled well with right amounts of decors. The idea of the stairs in the temple is quite good because it adds more of a temple filling in it.
  • Map has the required neutral buildings: Goblin Mercs, Marketplace, Gblin Laboratory and etc...
  • Creep looks balance enough and their placing is good enough.
  • Map is symmetric
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Bad Points:[/tabheader]
  • Some creep camps has no item drops as stated by SoJ and also some higher level creeps drops quite junk items (useful still deosnt fit their rank as high level creeps)
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Suggestions:[/tabheader]
  • Your terrain is great but feel free to improve it.
  • I suggest some improvements in creep camps item drops as stated also by
SoJ.
[/tab]

Comment

Overall, map looks good though I suggest some improvements on creep camps. That is all!

Rating: 3/5
Vote: Approval
Reward: +4 REP

Level 30
Both Gameplay and Terrain is not good and systemic accurate, the whole map has no expansions, while your main gold mine feeds you from amount of 30,000gold the idea of expansion gold mining is void and ends up all players to starve for gold during mid-late games.

the green creep camps is a sell out, raid out all green camps with solo hero rush and get yourself all loots which is bad, another is that all players are forced to creep push in the middle since 90% of creep essentials will strive there, you end up entering a tight maze and no pathways for you and your men to escape when strings get tied too much(e.g clash)

Since the map is a 6 player board, why are there no goblin labs? while the map is too wide and possible army standout comes in-play, shredders and zepps are conditionally key roles when needed.

And lastly terrain value, there is none. The middle looks weird it doesn't look much like a temple just a wall I suggest you make it up more similar into an aztec-like temples of sort. the environment doesn't look natural and I hope you work it out as well one thing is for sure, this map can't be accepted it still needs more work.