• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite Dwarf / Gnoll unit in Temple of the Old Gods?

Favorite Dwarf or Gnoll Unit

• Guardian Golem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Assault Golem

• Rifleman

• Mortar Team

• Gnoll Brute

• Gnoll Poacher

• Gnoll Assassin

• Gnoll Overseer

• Gnoll Warden

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
We tested Brain Golem more and it will receive a nerf in the next patch. Frankly, it was overpowered in comparison to other units the way it stands now. Most importantly, its mana shield ability will be tuned down.

Level 1
Tough choice

If I had to choose, it was the big bad mother(expletive deleted) golem. Thats what I called him anyway, since he ROCKED! I also preferred the Assassin as my primary ranged unit, and the Overseer was very nice to have as well.

I still used the dwarves, and tried to keep the ratio of dwarves to gnomes even, just to make the story more interesting for myself.

I did not use the smaller golems, it just wasn't neccesary after getting used to the big bad mother(expletive deleted) golem.
I also did not use the Mortar teams, or gnoll brutes. They just didn't hold my interest.
The diversity of units was plenty though, I just tend to go with a crew that I get to know and enjoy. Just so happened it was the big bad mother(expletive deleted) golem, and the assassins. :)

Level 6
Nice. Assassins are, by the way, receiving a small change in the next release, making them more varied. =) Also poachers are changed a bit too. It's my favorite change (can't tell what it is yet).

Before anyone asks, I say that the next version will be released within a week, after we have playtested it enough.

Level 12
Gnoll Wardens were my favorite because you could use their Purge ability to slow units, debuff friendly units, and destroy summoned units easier. It was also one of the requirements to finish a mini quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.