• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The story of an (almost) survivor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was playing Aliens vs. Predator 3 for Xbox 360, when I got separated from my team and was all by myself, really far away from the rest of my team in Infestation. The map was Pyramid, I had a shotgun and a sniper rifle. I was waiting for the pyramid doors to shift, so I could link up with the rest of my team and organize a good defense. Well, the door opened up, but so did the door on the other side of the room I was waiting in, there was an alien right there waiting for that door to open. I then bolted down the corridor and fired a few shots behind me. I eventually fell into a shaft of some sorts, there I frantically tried to find a way out and kill (or escape) the alien that was going after me at the same time. Well I then saw a way out, but there was a praetorian getting a grab kill on one of my marine buddies down there. I knew the marine was going to die since it's impossible to be saved from a grab kill. So I turned and tried to find another way out, I then turned around to make sure the praetorian didn't see me and to see if I lost the one alien. I saw the same corridor that my marine buddy was being killed in (this was like 2 seconds since the grab kill started), and I saw a flashlight down that corridor near my marine buddy that was being killed. So I tried to run down there because I thought the flashlight was of another marine and that I had found my team. But then when I was just to the corridor's entrance, the ground jutted up into the air, as the pyramid was shifting again. Well I then found another hallway, and was by myself going down it. I was then attacked from behind by the same alien that was chasing me earlier (or perhaps a different one, but I think it may have been the same one). I managed to escape however, and go down the hallway more, while shooting. I then thought I lost the alien again, so I went to turn the corner of a hallway (I was on edge as it was), but right when I turned that corner (I was expecting to see an alien), but there was a marine. I was scared to death, I thought for sure it would have been the alien trying to flank me. I then said "wow, I thought you were one of them," we then laughed for a second, before all of a sudden the alien appeared and attacked us while we were laughing at our own foolishness, thinking we were safe. Well, I got hit, but I survived, but he was getting clawed at. I tried to shoot my shotgun, but I then realized that I had used up all of my ammo trying to escape earlier. I then watched my partner die just inches from me. I switched to my sniper rifle and I got a shot or two off. But it was too late, my partner was dead and now a second alien came, and they both attacked me together. I then befell to their xenomorphic jaws and became one of them.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You obviously failed to shift to sentenal, medic and synergist fast enough and then blow them out with a rentless attack of two ravangers and a commando...

Honestly what is the point of this thread? You did not do anything particually impressive as you died. I have heard stories of marines getting 9+ alien kills with only 1-2 deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.