• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The spying ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, here is the ability that i need. I know i must trigger it, but i dont know how..
oh and, please, tell me what must to be the basic ability.
My spell is the spying ability
in the board of the spy, there is an ability, the player click on it, and a menu (not a dialog board with button, but a menu in the board where was the ability) appears with all color of player in the game (in my case : red, blue, teal, purple). When you click on a color, the spy change it's color into the choosed one. Now , the spy can go in the ennemy village and spy them without be atacked (thats my problem). The ennemy player can see the spy, but he MUST order its units to attack it to kill him. Ennemy units will not attacks him alone, the controler MUST order them to do so.
another thing, is it possible that when the spy change its color, his apperances change too,like a basic unit (like a worker)
thank to the first one who will help me
(ps: if you dont understand,post here^^)

Level 19
GUI is the basic structure of the editor which allows you to browse over various functions within the Trigger Editor, on the other hand, JASS is the programming language which this triggers (the GUI part) is transformed after they are executed.

The idea of yours seems nice, but I also think it won't be possible without the use of some of the JASS functions which are unavailable when you are using GUI.

Level 13
Create 4 different spy units with the different models.

Then use a trigger like this:

Event: Unit starts effect of ability
Condition: -
Actions:
If(Ability being cast = AbilityPlayerRed)
Then:
Replace casting unit with SpyRed
Unit - Chance alliance aspect (i believe that's it)
-> Unit - make Player 1 (red) treat unit as ally

If(Ability being cast = AbilityPlayerBlue)
Replace casting unit with SpyBlue
Unit make Player 2 (blue) treat unti as ally.

and so on.

1 if for every player color

By the way:

GUI = Grafical User Interface. It's the triggers you add in the trigger editor.
Jass = Wc3 scripting language. You can write triggers in it like coding a program.

Level 13
another thing, is it possible that when the spy change its color, his apperances change too,like a basic unit (like a worker)

You wanted it to change appearance didn't you?

And please do me a favor. If you do not even know what GUI and Jass is you won't be able to understand our solutions.
But understanding is is crucial for understanding your map. Because WE make the map for you you won't be able to edit it as you just don't know what we did.

Level 13
Ok I don't wanna be rude but either you are not capable of understanding the english language or you just don't want to understand.

YOU SAID said:

YES it is BUT only if you have a different unit for each model.
SO you will create FOUR units each with the same NAME, ATTRIBUTS and ABILITIES.
BUT they will all have a different model.

THEN you create a spellbook and FOUR copies of the ability CHANNEL.
You change channel to NON TARGET (i believe its possible) and give every one of the four a different order string (IMPORTANT).
NOW you add those 4 spells to the spellbook and add the spellbook to the FOUR units.

Then you use the trigger i gave you before:

You detect whenever one of the 4 abilities is cast and then replace the casting unit with the one which has the right model. THEN you just use "unit - set alliance" (I don't know what the exact action is) to make the unit an ALLY of the player it is supposed to spy.

YOU said:
i think you dont understand what i need to know
Then tell me... I believe I understand what you want but I can't be sure if you just say that I didn't.

Level 13
Nope sorry XD you did not

it's 4 spy units (one for each player)
More or less yes. One for each model you need. If you want it to change the model after using the ability. Because you can't change the model of a unit you need to have different units.

4 channel ability (one for each spy)
No. The 4 units will all have the 4 spells. You need 4 spells so the spy can transform into 4 different colors/units.

1 spellbook ability (with all color)
Yes this spellbook will include the 4 transform abilites

another unit (the one that the spy will be transformed into)
No. The spys can only transform into the 4 different spy units you made.

See the spy has a spellbook with the 4 spells. Lets call those 4 spells red, blue, green, yellow.

Now he uses red. Then he transforms into the unit type red has (e.g. red is human it will transform into the spy unit (the one of the 4) which looks like a peasant. is red orc it will transform into a peon.)

The unit he transforms in will then have the spellbook too so he can transform back.

Level 13
Additional information:

There should be a trigger actions: unit - change color (or something like that).
So you can change the color of the unit.

Also you need to find a way to get the race the player has.
Maybe try to pick one of his buildings and check to which race it belongs. (that could bug if an undead would take over a worker of another race with banshe)

Level 6
  • Player - Make Player 1 (Red) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an Ally with shared vision
This should be the one DarkAngelAzazel is talking about.

-Sinizi

btw, nice work DarkAngel. You are really strugling here ;)

Level 13
No! Sorry Sinizi!
Not that one.

That will make the player treat ALL units as allies.
That's not the thing I am talking about.

But I just realized I made a mistake. That action does really not exists. I was wrong about that.

Ok we have a problem here. But I am already working on a solution :/

Give me some time.

I think the solutions lies in the item ability - mechanical animal.

Level 13
Ok let's start again.

Do something like this:

Take the mechanical animal whcih is summoned by the item (its a human item)
and copy it 4 times.

Add the spellbook you created before to the new units.

Now take the item ability of the mechanical animal and change it into a unit ability.
Then change durotation of the unit to 0 (0 = infinite).
Make 4 of them. one for each unit you create before.
(you can delete the units you created in our first attemp to solve this)

Now change the trigger a bit:

When "spell1" (red) is casted -> create dummy -> add the new ability to dummy -> make dummy cast -> remove triggering unit (the unti which casts "spell1"(red) from the game.

I hope you get my idea.

The item mechanical animal (thats not the real name... ) creates a small animal which can be controlled and fits your conditions. It is not autoattacked by enemies.

So we take this and make 4 different versions of it (again with the 4 different models)

Then we take the item ability and make 4 differnet unit ability from it.

So now when one of the spells is casted you create a dummy, give it the fitting ability (e.g. spell1(red) is casted and player 1 is human so you create a dummy and give it the ability which will spawn the peasont unit) and make it cast it. Then you remove the former spy from the game so that only one will remain.

EDIT:

nope :(
doesnt work :(

In how far?

EDIT2:

I would make the map for you but I am at my laptop and don't have world editor here...
I will make it tomorrow if we haven't found a solution till then.

Level 6
Don't quad post.. edit or Bump your thread.

And what is the problem? With the amount of information DarkAngelAzazel have given you in his last few posts you should be able to make your trigger.

Level 3
Please don't double-post :s ...

Hum ... You can maybe do it like that.
If you click on the ability, the ability will create X numbers of peasants at proximity of Hero, Each peasant being of a color and under a player control ..
You can then .. posses, or replace your hero with the peasant of your choice, exploding the other peasants and leaving the former color of the peasant you control..
You can put a trigger from their stating that the peasant can be replaced by any unit he encounters when being close to it, or clicking on it, thus taking its appearance.

The only problem with your whole idea is that ... your unit will still be visible on your enemy's map as a big red dot ! So ... not that useful...

mmmh yea

but my idea is the following one:
the spy open the menu of the spying ability
in the menu there is 4 color: RED, BLUE, TEAL, PURPLE.
if you click on blue, the spy will become a blue peasant under your control allied with blue(NOT THE PLAYER, ONLY THE UNIT).
You will move it in the blue village and spy him.
Other units will not attack him if the player dont give them the order.

Level 3
You could create a dialog box ... With Four Options
Red, Blue , Teal , Purple.
When you click on an option, a Peasant of that color, under your control will be created.
Etc ...
Very doable with triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.