• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make specific unit not targetable via auto acquire but targetable via manual attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read Protect a unit from auto-acquiring enemies? but I am curious if the recent patches grant something that can help in this regard.

In short, I want to make a sort of a Spy unit where it cannot be acquired automatically by enemies (but they can force units to manually target them) with exception of detectors. Detectors are set of units that is allowed to auto-acquire against these spies.

Thanks!

Level 21
I managed to achieve that effect by swapping the unit with a mechanical critter and then swapping it back when it gets attacked. this will only work if you can afford to make all of the critters on the map that type of unit/make that the only type of critter avialable to your map/tileset (I gave it the abilities I wanted it to have by triggers so that only it would have them and not all other mechanical critters).

If you want you can check it out in the map in my signature (the ability is called fake profile by the hero Online Predator)

Status
Not open for further replies.