• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] The Spellbook spell doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
If you add the abilities to the spellbook, and add the spellbook to the unit, any unit should be able to use any ability inside the spellbook. There's no reason for it being shown for some units, and not for others.

Level 33
If you add the abilities to the spellbook, and add the spellbook to the unit, any unit should be able to use any ability inside the spellbook. There's no reason for it being shown for some units, and not for others.

Doesn't work if the current unit will get upgraded
I hope you have downloaded my test map to gain clearer view of the situation he faced.

The UnitMakeAbilityPermanent() what makes the ability stays on the unit even after morph.

Level 33
For some reasons, that would not relate to the ability at all (assuming the ability has more than 1 Level).

I know he can use variable to save the abilities level and such, but it takes more work compared using a simple function.

Level 33
So now it's building...

First rule of asking for help: Be specific as you can.

Doesn't work if the current unit will get upgraded. It would just show a blank box with a cancel ability in it. Fuuuu! I know this can be fixed by replacing it, but is there another way so that I don't have to change the unit?
No "building" word there :/

Okay, I'm gonna experiment few things, will back with result.

Looked at the map, does that mean I need to do that to all units? because I'm gonna put the spellbook on almost all units in my map for other actions
How does your unit gain this ability ? I'll repeat, be specific as you can, Event, Condition, bla bla bla.

Status
Not open for further replies.