• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Role Playing Game] The Secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Modern guys, like you and me, who spends way too much time on computer, suddenly wakes up in a new strange place and a in a new strange... bodies. Not remembering who exactly they are, what they did before or how they got here. They are in a labyrinth, desperately trying to escape. And once they escape, it turns out their troubles just now started... Faced with many mysteries and terrible dangers they begin to doubt reality of this world they are in. It's more like one of those computer games they used to play. Yet, just like in a dream, it all seems so real. Will they survive? Or will they die? Will they reveal the secret?

It's mostly RPG - Adventure game, much like "War Chasers", but there will be parts with different styles, where players will have to use their AoS, Survival or even Tower Defense skills. Or maybe just enjoy a long and partly interactive cinematic, while story is being told.

Map will have 4 basic areas with some extra bits for special occasions. Even inside areas, with a roof, but mostly likely no imported models. Trigger based skills, not to be boring. And, of course, custom made soundtrack. As our characters are real world guys, it will contain masked and unmasked references to video games, movies, even internet memes, or whatever I come up with.

Level 3
It's my first serious map. It's big, I am alone on this and I have little experience. It's gonna be a long long day, because more time I will be learning than actually building my map. So far only terrain few triggers made. Here are some screenshots.

Attachments

• preview001.png
    preview001.png
    624.5 KB · Views: 212
  • preview002.png
    preview002.png
    940.4 KB · Views: 180
  • preview003.PNG
    preview003.PNG
    593.4 KB · Views: 170
  • preview004.PNG
    preview004.PNG
    446.5 KB · Views: 143
  • preview005.PNG
    preview005.PNG
    648.1 KB · Views: 165
Level 3
Hero Selection v1.2

Usually each player will be able to control one of 6 heroes. But there will be parts, like hero selection, where you can chose another unit to control.

Each hero at start has only his main unique unlimited range skill with same basic functions. Different functions have different cooldown, casting time, damage, mana consumption and such, what will improve overtime, as your hero improves. Using from high range will have major drawbacks, like very long casting time. Uses channeling state, so spell casting can be canceled in majority of casting process either by players choice or outside influence like stun. But not because hero was simply attacked and retaliated or stepped aside.

Use on friendly hero to donate amount of your mana. Uses complicated formula.
Use on friendly non-hero to simply donate some percentage of your mana. Uses simple formula.
Use on enemy hero to reduce targets mana and life, or even transfer some of that to yourself. Uses complicated formula.
Use on enemy unit to reduce targets life, or even transfer some of it to yourself. Uses moderate formula.
Use on item to bring it to your feet.

Use on yourself to cast your special skill.
(didn't made any yet, but for example, Thor might slo-mo jump and smash his hammer to the ground, causing electric discharges, stun and earthquake.)

Attachments

• hs4Freya.png
    hs4Freya.png
    430.6 KB · Views: 106
  • hs3Anubis.png
    hs3Anubis.png
    466.3 KB · Views: 116
  • hs2Ares.png
    hs2Ares.png
    436.7 KB · Views: 105
  • hs1Thor.png
    hs1Thor.png
    428 KB · Views: 125
  • hs00allheroes.PNG
    hs00allheroes.PNG
    818.9 KB · Views: 112
  • hs5Artemis.png
    hs5Artemis.png
    443.7 KB · Views: 85
  • hs6Isis.png
    hs6Isis.png
    364.4 KB · Views: 69
Level 11
good luck on your project, just keep on doing it. You will gain more experience day by day.

Level 3
good luck on your project, just keep on doing it. You will gain more experience day by day.

yeah thanks... i spend 3 days non-stop researching and editing it. Well, stopping for few minutes to eat and randomly sleep when I collapse. Then had 24 hour break and now I'm at it again :eek:.

Level 3
Updated [Hero main spell] list.

Magnetism - Manipulation of magnetic fields.
Redirect electron flow in targets location and magnetic forces will make it happen.
Use your electromagnetic power against foe or to bring item to your feet, or convert it to pure energy for your friend. Or acumulate it within your body for a massive outburst of energy, that will allow you to rise high in the air and smash your hammer to the ground with great force, stunning and disorienting your enemies while protecting yourself and your allies with opposite charges. Such power will eventually allow you to reblance planet's electromagnetic fields and produce landscape deformations.

Lust - Fulfillment of desire.
Issue a demand regarding targets location and the sheer power of your will will make it happen.
Use your power of passion against foe or to bring item to your feet, or convert it to pure energy for your friend. Or acumulate it within your body for a massive outburst of energy, that will allow you to move in great speeds. Such power will eventually allow to persuade anyone or anything - even tear apart mountains.

Poltergeist - Ectoplasmic disturbances.
Temporary destabilize existential states around targets location and unrestfull spirits will make it happen.
Use your paranormal power against foe or to bring item to your feet, or convert it to pure energy for your friend. Or acumulate it within your body for a massive outburst of energy, that will allow you to open portals between world of the living and world of the dead. Such power will eventually allow you to destabilize barriers between worlds to modify our reality.

Nature Call - Gaia's cooperation.
Request aid for targets location and biotic or abiotic components will make it happen.
Use your vitality power against foe or to bring item to your feet, or convert it to pure energy for your friend. Or acumulate it within your body for a massive outburst of energy, that will allow you to directly control fauna and flora. Such power will eventually allow you to control every being and the planet itself, essentially making you incarnte of Gaia.

Strong Force - Displacement of protons and neutrons.
Influence atoms inside targets location and this fundimental force will make it happen.
Use your nuclear power against foe or to bring item to your feet, or convert it to pure energy for your friend. Or acumulate it within your body for a massive outburst of energy, that will allow you to cause chain reactions of fission and fusion, while negating it from yourself your allies. Such power will eventually allow you to split or fuse any atom at any rate to gather particles into points of enourmous mass and gravity - black holes.

Telekinesis - Direct influence of mind on matter.
Produce psychokinetic distortion of targets location and your magic will make it happen.
Use your mana power against foe or to bring item to your feet, or convert it to pure energy for your friend. Or acumulate it within your body for a massive outburst of energy, that will allow you to levitate anything. Such power will eventually allow you to disable impossibility.

Level 3
Thor Super Spell Preview

Spell 50% done. Has all animations sequenced. Half of sounds, that unfortunately can't be heard in that messed up video. Usable basics of damage formula are already made too.

Level 3
I will be importing quite a lot and long, good quality sound files. Unique unit sounds for all 6 heroes, likely also from other units.

Whole game will have unique music that I don't want to reduce quality at all. If it be single player map, I could go and find out how stuff hundreds of megabytes of soundtrack to mpq and I suppose there are no limits for that. But this is multiplayer map.

I read a lot about all those bnet limits, some say now its 8mb and or whatever.

But lets all the players have whole map downloaded to their computers and don't have to transfer via game, is there still a limit of how big map can be for them to be able to play together?

Level 3
I doubt anyone cares in this dead forum, but just in case:

Development of this project will be slowed down (NOT DEAD!).

Making it I ran into more and more issues that I can't solve with my current experience (which is barely any). I could continue spend many hours each day reading info in internet and experimenting with my scripts, like I did so far, but while it's somewhat productive, it isn't much fun actually...
I decided to do this differently. I will use some features of this map in smaller and simpler projects, of a scale that a single person can finish in a reasonable amount of time. Such way this map will build itself and at the same time I will have constant accomplishments. ;3

Meanwhile, I'm inviting anyone to join in making this huge map - it's not realistic for one person to do it.

Level 8
good luck with your project,

i would help, but i have no experiance at all in modding beyond making a bugged spawning system.

always good seeing people that aren't failing at learning more ;)

i hope this project survives.

Level 3
good luck with your project,

i would help, but i have no experiance at all in modding beyond making a bugged spawning system.

always good seeing people that aren't failing at learning more ;)

i hope this project survives.

in modding theres more than coding. for example, at the moment im recording some unit sounds. u could be voice actor of one of heroes ;3

Level 3
Started couple of other projects One trigger spell from one of them will be used in this project. Also recorded Anubis unit sounds. Started poking jass, it will help solve some of the dead-ends I ran into here.

Level 3
finishing some cute system that will allow particles (like special effects) to move not only in a 2d circle, but in full 3d spherical motion. maybe hard to explain, but ill probably post video of it soon. vectors ftw

Level 3
Some more work done, mostly on story. But before I post any more details, I have to find out how to do it properly, and fix this thread first, because I was told it's a mess and hard to read. And I must agree...

Status
Not open for further replies.