• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Campaign] Aduriantor's Secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
BetterTitle.png

First thing:[/COLOR]
Adult Content
The campaign features adult themes, language and nudity.
This is not the main focus of the campaign but it's there. I have contacted the owners of the sight about this and they informed me that this should be alright.

Aduriantor is a new world altogether and Adurianor's Secret is a story-centric RPG campaign where you take the role of a mercenary who quickly finds themselves in conflict with an ancient tyrant, a clash of empires and a slowly growing dark power.
You'll choose your main characters gender and hero type (class) and decide how to distribute not just abilities but also stats and skills as they level up. You'll also have full control of this character's dialogue and decisions (provided I thought of what you wanted to say) - some will affect the state of the world on a larger scale, some with small effects that may add up, sometimes they may just affect what your companions think of you - or maybe nothing at all.

So far I've been working on this campaign for a few years, and it's still not even half done (maybe a quarter) - so I figured I would release what I've done thus far.

A few things to note:
- Every hero is a strength Hero, Strength doesn't increase HP regeneration and only increases damage by 0.7
- Agility increases movement speed
- Hard Mode is probably a bad idea for your first playthrough, as not only your hero levels but also the utility of your army is tied to side activities to an extent - so, get to know the campaign a bit first.

Finally, the main character models are... complete rubbish. (Not that the other models I've made are great, but their better). They also won't reflect the ethnicity you select at the start of the campaign, so I'll just ask you to bear with me on those.

Either way, I hope you like it.

So a few things to add now, I didn't say this before but I'm pretty sure you need patch 1.30, or it will just crash as you go into the first playable level. I've added a 1.28 version now, this will be missing a few character names and colours, it might still not work so let me know if you don't have the patch and this version still doesn't work.
It was also crashing a couple of missions later as well but I've fixed that now. If you had this trouble just download it again and it should work.

Music used:
"Nerves" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0

HeroAbilities.png

ShowingOffDialogue.png

KylaComp.png

FightingGhosts.png

LavirusInFrontOfFort.png

Attachments

• Aduriantor's Secret.w3n
    55.3 MB · Views: 200
  • Aduriantor's Secret 1.28.w3n
    55.3 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Level 2
After typing my name, it just pops out to the Campaign Screen...
Thanks for telling me.
It works when I test it but so there's something I'm overlooking here. I'll do a bit of digging.
Are you using the latest patch? This may cause problems (I'm not sure)

If anyone else has this problem let me know.

Level 2
I've fixed a few problems with the Campaign now. (Plus pretty pictures)
You will need the latest patch for this, so please make sure you have it.

Level 2
The mission of the last two pics you've posted. It's impossible. They just keep coming.
Okay, it's meant to be hard but I've probably overdone it if you feel that way.
I'll see if I can rework it a little. What difficulty were you playing on?
It also might help if I know your hero class if you don't mind.

Level 6
Was Rogue, Normal diff. Even so, does not matter much, since i made like 3 or 4 more towers early, when i already had 2. Later on, i got to 50 food and then... they just came, they were many. They were too many. They were way too many!
I swear at some point i saw them coming in a line. There is nothing you can do against that. Had some orcs helping me so... i held for a minute and a half more. Just "stretched" my loss.

Level 2
Im not using hte latest. Could it be this?
Yeah I think so. There's a feature in there where it sets the players name to whatever you typed in - this requires 1.30 (or at least 1.29). I could make a version where I remove this - the name can still be referred to in dialogue. (Having said this there may be something else which means this doesn't work, but I'll give it a go anyway.

Was Rogue, Normal diff. Even so, does not matter much, since i made like 3 or 4 more towers early, when i already had 2. Later on, i got to 50 food and then... they just came, they were many. They were too many. They were way too many!
I swear at some point i saw them coming in a line. There is nothing you can do against that. Had some orcs helping me so... i held for a minute and a half more. Just "stretched" my loss.
Okay, fair enough then. I'll tone it down a bit soon.

Level 2
@Venkolm Okay, updated the campaign now, upon retesting I agree that that mission was too tough for normal, (hard mode expects you to know how to get the most out of each map - thus making your army more powerful). I've also added a button which should allow you to return to that mission, for now, but this will not be there when I next update the campaign.

On that I also added a 'Continue' button, so you don't always have to remember to save anymore.

@Neruvatar I've added a new version which has cut out the 1.30 content - I think. Hopefully, there won't be any trouble with that.

Hope this helps. Enjoy the campaign - or don't and tell me about it, either's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.