• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guild Wars Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
As you all know i'm more keen of making replicas of games rather then making my own versions. This time I'm making a map that is based on the game called Guild Wars, this is to replicate the pvp side sort of. so this is a pvp only map.

I'm going to work on the prophocies campaign's stuff first.

The map features are:

Customizable equipemnt:
1st hand, off hand, hat, bodyarmour, gloves, leggings
the armour:
Customizable with diffrent insignias and runes, giving your items diffrent stats like + hp, or + attribute ect.
the weapons:
The weapons are customizable with weapon pieces, used to increase stats or increase length of enchantments, ect. and insignias. Any hero can equip any type of weapon. certain types of weapons increase range and/or attack speed.

Customizable professions:
Like in the regular guild wars you can be 2 types of professions enhancing your skills, you can be a elementalist/ranger, or even a warrior/necromancer.

Customizable builds:
Like in the real guild wars you'll beable to select your spells. (up to 7) your spells vary with what professions you have. I will try to add in as many spells as possible hopefully all of them.

Diffrent types of spells:
enchantments, hexes, stances, shouts, melee attks, ranged attks, ect.

Conditions:
Deap wound, crippled, bleeding, burning ect.

All diffrent and customizable attributes:
Like in the real guild wars, each class has thier main attirbute (the 2nd class doenst get it) and thier attributes, example, the warrior has main attribute called Strength when increasing this it gives a +1% armour penetration to his attacks and also increases his strength spells.
Axe mastery, Swordsmanship, hammer mastery, and tactics. If some one chose warrior as thier 2nd profession they will not get the attribute strength.

intense game play:
interuptions of casting spells, reviving, moral boosts(used for increasing your hp and mp you gain moral for every 5 kills) and terrain effects. like freezing water making you move slower.

this is a team map, 6v6.

12 players

I've just started creating this map today so I've got not much done so far but this is all what I plan to be in the map that I can think of so far. I'll first only add the prophocies campaign's stuff and then factions and nightfall after.

Last edited:
Level 4
so, does anyone think this would be a good idea for a map? does the ideas for the gameplay sound cool?

Level 6
I just read Guild Wars and though: why people always need to copy things...
nothing intresting in this.
But then i read the name of this guy and though heh, that could be entertaining in some way.

So let me take a look on it...

Ok, all you got is some information what guild wars is. Is anything done from the featured features? Do you think you can implant these? As example adding freezing water, which would make water pathable isnt an easy thing to do.

Also you need to make every spell MUI which means you probably need to know Jass. And you already stated you dont know Jass... Yeah i know its possible in GUI but its way easier in Jass.

Also some people never played Guildwars, i never had the money to buy this expensive game... yeah its for free but as i wanted to check the game there was already 6 expansions or something like that. And that would be over 100bucks just to test a game Oo.

What does the condition do? As example, your post lacks details.

Level 4
shallow water is pathable. leave it to me and I'll figure out a way to implement these things the best way I can with the gui. I think I can do it with alot of work and effort. I know I did alot of amazing things with the GUI in my dofus map but theres no need to explain.

conditions are kind of like hexes, a abnormal status. only it's physical instead of magical like a hex. and certain spells will check if you have a certain condition or hex. deep wound lowers the targets hp by 20%, cripple makes you move slower, bleeding decreases your helth regeneration by 4 and burning reduces health regen by 6.

Level 4
well so far everything is going ok, I ha ddecided this map cannot have any custom content what so ever, due to the massive amount of triggers it's going to have. I estimated a good 400 or more triggers will be needed just for making your equipment... and even more triggers will be needed for equiping un equiping spells, and the spells effects ect. And I want to make aai too so that there can be computer controlled chars...

and so I'd imagine a good 1000+ tirggers are going to be in this map... also not every spell is going to be added. in the demo version only some of the core spells will be in. You can get more info about guild wars spells at guild wars wikipedia.

and when and if I add in the spells and classes from the other campaigns it's going to make the triggers even more. so at this many tirggers (and the tirgger functions are pretty big aswell) there wil be no room for custom content. I don't even know if there will be enough room for the triggers but I think I can squeeze it all into 4 mb.

and I probably won't release a beta for about a month these triggers take forever to make. and alot of thinking. I've only so far gotten the warrior's axe spells almost done. And I'm also currently working on making the incsriptions and weapon pieces for your weapons. but the only weapon I've made so far is the axe. I'm making weapons in order of the class stats that the weapon requires.

also one draw back to this map might be becuas eof so much custumability for your hero is there might be a big spam war if all 12 players are playing and they arent computers. Becuase if you want to add a stat to your axe mastery you have to type -axe mastery 12 times to max it. becuase you can only raise a single stat to 12.and if you want to view the skills you have to view them by attribute. like you d have to type, -viewskills axe mastery to view all your available axe mastery skills. and theres many man manyyyyyyyy more text functions that I've made and will make.

But if anyone has any ideas I can try to avoid all of this typing without gitting rid of the projects main aspect: character customization I'd like to hear thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.