• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Scourge of Lordaeron Enhanced (MAJOR UPDATE)

MAJOR UPDATE!
This is a complete rewamp of my previous human campaign (yeah it was pretty awfull, but it was my first time :D)
In this campaign you will find this:
- Heroes (and creatures) Level Cap raised to 20
- Lots of custom units(Humans, Creeps, Undeads, with new models)
- Lots of new custom Items
- Item combine system, Explore the map to find all the items and combine them to achieve true power!
- Lots of custom ability, majority of them is created via triggers!
- Some new side quests!
- Lots of custom upgrades!
- No 45 seconds divine shield for Arthas!

- Falric will accompany you throughout the Campaign (And this time he's a Hero)
- Combo abilities: a few Abilities can be combined with others to create a more powerfull effect!
- 4 Different difficulties: Easy, Normal, Hard and Nightmare

Nightmare
difficulty:
If you fell like a champion and want to push over your limits, you can play Nightmare difficulty! Nightmare is not just Hard difficulty but harder, Nightmare changes the gameplay of all levels, adding new features like new Abilities, upgrades, units, mechanisms, quests and other stuff that you will only see in this difficulty, however, i suggest to first play the campaign in Hard difficulty before passing to Nightmare, also, finishing a chapter in Nightmare will reward you with a special item in the next one. Everything Colored in purple is Nightmare-related. For winning in this difficulty you'll need to try several times to find the perfect strategy OR being very strong at Warcraft xD
Thanks to teozamait for the idea and thanks to TERRY MCDONALD for the map base.

Credits:

bigapple90, Mythic, PrinceOfFame, Stefan.K, tillinghast, zbc, Mc !, TheKaldorei, Novart, CRAZYRUSSIAN, D.O.G.
The_Silent, ChaoticHunter, Kimbo, Nash, BLazeKraze, Static, -BerZeKeR-, Misha, Wildfire, Illidan_09, Uncle Fester
Wandering Soul, Murlocologist, Wandering Soul, Lelling, IamMclovin, Sopho, NFWar, Mister_Haudrauf, -Berz-, stonneash,
CreatorD3292, General Frank, 67chrome, SexYFrostWyrM, Amigurumi, Maxwell, Darkfang, LifeguardLeroy, Mephestrial
Dionesiist, loktar, alfredx_sotn, Marcos DAB, Sopho, Direfury, Eagle XI, HappyTauren, 4eNNightmare, Daelin, The_Silent
Callahan, leetslay, MN Lahmar, kola, Champara Bros, apaka, WhiteDeath, DeuceGorgon, Anvil, Galadgod,
HappyCockroach, Paultaker, Pvt.Toma, bu3ny, Static, Stanakin, Storm_hih, Dionesiist, Callahan, exN, Ujimasa Hojo
Tamplier777, Muoteck, D.ee, Captain_Rufar, The Panda, PrinceYaser, Sin'dorei300, BogdanKry, Tranquil, San, kola
Juice_F, Infinitynexus, Marcos DAB, Mike, JollyD, HerrDave, Sheyd, Scias, Norinrad, KelThuzad, 67chrome, Evolving
SkriK, Sun gate, ~Nightmare, CRAZYRUSSIAN, Kuhneghetz, graystuff111, NightStalker, Mr.Goblin, Ice, BLazeKraze, xYours Trulyx
OgeRfaCes, Paladon, morbent, Dmazzz, Tenebrae, frEAk49, Infrisios, Hemske, EternalOne, DragonOfTheNight, viiva, Hadeis
Chucky,PeeKay,Pyritie,-Grendel, Remixer, plazma019, Uncle Fester, purparisien, asailant, Dristitia, PeeKay, bu3ny,Kitabatake
4eNNightmare,BLazeKraze,NO-Bloody-Name, HerrDave,Fuzzyfury,San,Artork312,Tarrasque,Chaosy, Pyramidhe@d, Venom, Jab1z
Redsteel1,bu3ny,JollyD,Paladon,RavenBlackbird,Sellenisko, Kenathorn,AlienArsonist,Trill, Rhapsodie
Previews
Contents

The Scourge of Lordaeron Enhanced (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Upon recent reviews, evaluation and ongoing updates, the map will be moved to Approved.
Level 1
Alright, there needs to be some sort of guide for the items, I've hit mission 6 without finding the rock shield and couldn't even find where it spawns or who it drops from by cracking open the dang map editor or using the vision cheat. And I put a lot of effort into 100%ing each mission

Even ignoring how CBT Nightmare difficulty is after mission 4. And I have my own complaints about mission 4, since the only way I managed to survive the mounting pressure on that mission was having Arthas go out solo to take out the spider nest and then counter charge into the enemy base to stop the bullsh!t waves.

The enemy doesn't actually work on the same power curve that the player does. You are expected to use and abuse the hero abilities and usable items to deal with the massive waves of endgame units.

I am pretty good at micro. And managed to get through mission 1 and 3 with no casualties till the very end even on nightmare. But 5, and 6 are giving me trouble. It feels like you don't have enough time to actually develop a defensible base, and in mission 6 you are also on a time limit, split between base defense and needing to chase down Mal'Ganis the teleporting @$$hole. It feels like too much pressure, as the "success stories" I've seen so far either cheesed the hell out of it or played it like a tower defense. I assume the trick to mission 6 is using Rexxan to CC half the enemy army and then clean up. But again, the hero on mission 5 isn't a good fit for the mission.

Edit: And again, this is a Warcraft 3 custom campaign. I actually have all the base-game stuff keybinded to the qwert-etc. But I can't master the macro here since these are custom units and building and keybindings were apparently forgotten.

Maybe Arthas should get a new Ult on Nightmare after mission 2. Since your units auto-convert into undead there is no point in a resurrection Ult.

Last edited:
Level 3
Alright, there needs to be some sort of guide for the items, I've hit mission 6 without finding the rock shield and couldn't even find where it spawns or who it drops from by cracking open the dang map editor or using the vision cheat. And I put a lot of effort into 100%ing each mission

Even ignoring how CBT Nightmare difficulty is after mission 4. And I have my own complaints about mission 4, since the only way I managed to survive the mounting pressure on that mission was having Arthas go out solo to take out the spider nest and then counter charge into the enemy base to stop the bullsh!t waves.

The enemy doesn't actually work on the same power curve that the player does. You are expected to use and abuse the hero abilities and usable items to deal with the massive waves of endgame units.

I am pretty good at micro. And managed to get through mission 1 and 3 with no casualties till the very end even on nightmare. But 5, and 6 are giving me trouble. It feels like you don't have enough time to actually develop a defensible base, and in mission 6 you are also on a time limit, split between base defense and needing to chase down Mal'Ganis the teleporting @$$hole. It feels like too much pressure, as the "success stories" I've seen so far either cheesed the hell out of it or played it like a tower defense. I assume the trick to mission 6 is using Rexxan to CC half the enemy army and then clean up. But again, the hero on mission 5 isn't a good fit for the mission.

Edit: And again, this is a Warcraft 3 custom campaign. I actually have all the base-game stuff keybinded to the qwert-etc. But I can't master the macro here since these are custom units and building and keybindings were apparently forgotten.

Maybe Arthas should get a new Ult on Nightmare after mission 2. Since your units auto-convert into undead there is no point in a resurrection Ult.
Bro, I recently finished the campaign in the nightmare, so about mission 4 you need a few tries to learn. I spent building towers for the spiders' attacks and using my heroes and troops to hold purple. About the itens, u must observe the item detail. When show "?", the item couldn't be found in this map. When the item name appears, you must search the map. I even found the item you talked about easily. Think about it, you're playing on harder difficulty than hard. :D

Level 1
Bro, I recently finished the campaign in the nightmare, so about mission 4 you need a few tries to learn. I spent building towers for the spiders' attacks and using my heroes and troops to hold purple. About the itens, u must observe the item detail. When show "?", the item couldn't be found in this map. When the item name appears, you must search the map. I even found the item you talked about easily. Think about it, you're playing on harder difficulty than hard. :D
I replayed the map multiple times, trying to get as many units as possible to the end. Couldn't find it. Succ Self. Saying: "Bro is easy to find." Is not helpful, and is irritating, I want to grab you by the shoulders and shake the stupid out of you. I understand that it's "Harder than Hard," mission 7, and 9 are better balanced, even if mission 7 is rather cramped for the number of buildings you need. Mission 6 was irritating even in the base game. Mission 5 is sort of an outlier.

I assume the combined shield combined with the Rock and ring from beforehand, but I ran around with them the whole time and my experience wasn't great because of the amount of item's I needed to juggle in the hope that I would find an item to combine them with later. I had some good fun. BUT I WAS ALSO INFURIATED AT TIMES.

I killed every mini boss on the map and completed every quest. I found as many items as I could and still missed some. And missing items is bad, because then you end up needing to juggle them in later missions like I did. How do I find the others? Should I destroy every tree and every villager and critter on the entire map in futile hope?

Level 3
I replayed the map multiple times, trying to get as many units as possible to the end. Couldn't find it. Succ Self. Saying: "Bro is easy to find." Is not helpful, and is irritating, I want to grab you by the shoulders and shake the stupid out of you. I understand that it's "Harder than Hard," mission 7, and 9 are better balanced, even if mission 7 is rather cramped for the number of buildings you need. Mission 6 was irritating even in the base game. Mission 5 is sort of an outlier.

I assume the combined shield combined with the Rock and ring from beforehand, but I ran around with them the whole time and my experience wasn't great because of the amount of item's I needed to juggle in the hope that I would find an item to combine them with later. I had some good fun. BUT I WAS ALSO INFURIATED AT TIMES.

I killed every mini boss on the map and completed every quest. I found as many items as I could and still missed some. And missing items is bad, because then you end up needing to juggle them in later missions like I did. How do I find the others? Should I destroy every tree and every villager and critter on the entire map in futile hope?
I'll play it again and tell you where it is since you don't think so. And as for difficulty, you must be new to playing custom campaigns. Legends of Arkain on Hard, for example, is as difficult as this. I only replied because your comment was a bit naive. Listen to the tips :)

Level 1
I'll play it again and tell you where it is since you don't think so. And as for difficulty, you must be new to playing custom campaigns. Legends of Arkain on Hard, for example, is as difficult as this. I only replied because your comment was a bit naive. Listen to the tips :)
I highly doubt Legends of Arkain is akin to this. The Heroes are the only things that make the early game in many missions possible. Which is rather antithetical to designing good RTS maps. I play most campaigns on hard. High difficulty, high pressure scenarios are rather the norm. My complaint is that these missions don't feel fair. It feels like the increased complexity and diverse unit options actually hurt the campaign's playability in nightmare mode. As there is apparently only 1 right way to play each mission. That isn't really enjoyable to be honest. You have a bunch of new units and abilities to play around, and they are apparently all a waste of time.

Something as simple as an increase in the time before the first assault on mission 5 and a longer respawn timer for Mal'Ganis would make it feel less... Blech

Last edited:
Level 3
I highly doubt Legends of Arkain is akin to this. The Heroes are the only things that make the early game in many missions possible. Which is rather antithetical to designing good RTS maps. I play most campaigns on hard. High difficulty, high pressure scenarios are rather the norm. My complaint is that these missions don't feel fair. It feels like the increased complexity and diverse unit options actually hurt the campaign's playability in nightmare mode. As there is apparently only 1 right way to play each mission. That isn't really enjoyable to be honest. You have a bunch of new units and abilities to play around, and they are apparently all a waste of time.

Something as simple as an increase in the time before the first assault on mission 5 and a longer respawn timer for Mal'Ganis would make it feel less... Blech
You're right, it really is dependent on the heroes. And really on some maps you have to exaggerate the restarts to get the correct mode, but personally I enjoy it XD. don't blame you

Level 13

I've tested ALL the maps in Nightmare, took more than 1 try to win, but its possible, and i'm no pro player, so you have only to try different strategies and ABUSE on the SPECIAL UNIQUE units in nightmare mode (like dr.genesis etc...) Also for the items, its true that if you miss one, you'll significantly loose power, because you won't be able to combine the item, that's a little annoying i know, but all the items you can find are not super-hidden, just 1 item (in chapter 3) is a little more difficult to find, also remember, the items written in purple are nightmare-only related.

P.S. in chapter 6 you can find some 'silver' set items to complete the set, but since its hard to take time to kill those bandits, there aren't other items to combine with it in the future missions

Level 4
i can't build the research base anywhere in mission 1
can someone send a pic of where silverleaf is in mission 1 pls i've been searching for 20 minutes now

Level 3

@RARE2000
Hello my good sir!

About Chapter 6:
The missions are hard, but doable. The Purge (chap 6 Human) is cheesable if you want to be a completionist like myself. I pretty much gave Mal'Ganis a 60 villager headstart while I built up my forces and dealt with the flying skull spawning demon.
I literally won with every item, having 100 vs 96 villagers.
I left the central bottom houses alive (there are 3 "packs" of houses). Purple paths through the westermost and Mal'Ganis will then always spawn on the right-most side and walk his way West to try to reach the houses. Nothing a good old cheese can't handle. Leave a big army to take care of both attackers and walk Falric to pick up the items and basically solo the creeps and bandits. There is not enough time to walk an army across the map and get back into position before MG respawns. By far the hardest mission aside from Final Night Elf, IMO. Considering all four campaigns.

About ITEMS:
As for what items to find where, if you pay enough attention to it, you'll notice items combinations go pretty much like this:
Item A (let's say it's in your inventory so you can see the recipe)
Item B (if not in your inventory, then it's FOR SURE on the very mission you're on)
??? (that item is not reachable yet. It will show up in a future mission, god knows when/where).
That's how you can make sure you didn't miss any items. (Only exception would be the amulets in the Orc campaign - Wyvern mission, I'm calling missable since the chest itself is red and I'm colorblind so had some trouble seeing it against the ground but it's literally by the goblin shop. After that, just follow logic above).

@soviet_00 Incredible work on the campaign as a whole. Hard, but fair, IMO. And yes, it takes a fair couple of tries to beat the missions indeed.
Three things though:
1 - I barely abused any Nightmare Units (especially in the NE campaign. The system itself is just too janky and I had a thousand other things to juggle at the same time. By the time I could experiment, the mission was already won anyway. (probably the reason the NE final mission kept destroying me when Archimonde stormed my base. I could handle ANYTHING but him. Even his "avatars" were easily dispatched).

2 - In Chap6 human, I gave Bob the Archmage Robe, but he just said "thank you, here's your item" and gave the SAME robe back. Three times. All fresh runs (cheated the 2nd and 3rd, evidently). Maybe version related (I play 1.31.1.12164)? Maybe something for you to look into.

3 - By the end of the NE campaign, on an item description, you literally say "it might be time to go on other projects". When when when when when when??? hahaha
Seriously, don't quit it! You did an amazing work on the Enhanced Campaigns and I would absolutely love to see whatever next project you come up with!

Cheers!
Rick.

Level 2
It's one of the best campaigns I've ever played, I really liked the idea of adding level 20 and the new improvements they put on the units.
I'm just going to say that I would have liked some of Falric's abilities to be automatic.
The combinations of items are quite interesting and ingenious and I dare to say that it is an excellent implementation.
I hope to see the Frozen Throne campaigns later.

Level 3
Just started this campaign, looks very interesting! I love the improvements to original campaign you made. The only one complaint I have is about heroes' level-uping. Arthas was gaining exp for every killed enemy and was at the level 10 at the first mission's end, making the wholse level too easy for nightmare difficulty. Btw Falric was still level 3 so maybe this wasn't on purpose? Game's version was 1.31.

Level 3
So I have played your entire campaign (on Nightmare, only cheat used Iseedeadpeople rarely) of this and I am not sure what to say. It feels unpolished, untested and unbalanced and I desperately hope you will do another (little) rework, however I still had fun most of the time but there are typos, flaws and bugs that you have to desperately fix to truly make this good. I hope your other campaigns are more polished and a bit more playtested.

I've played this on 1.31.1 and I had 0 crashes, however:

General Info, Typo, Balance issues:

• Too many legendary items, if a hero leaves you and especially towards the end you sit on so many of them and dont know what to do.
  • Seriously tell us that we wont find ????? in the current level and can move on, I had to read this on a comment here
  • Typos (powerful, not powerfull)
  • Alot of dialogues? or NPCs just say nothing. You see their icon and mouth moving but nothing ever happens. Feels weird.
  • You did the same mistake everyone did, giving Arthas tomes is entirely useless because it wont carry over if he gets Frostmourne. (pre-frostmourne 2000HP+, after 1700HP)
  • Firemages are OP, they can summon endless Phoenixes very easily. Change it so all casters have their mana drawn. The Phoenix also turns back into an egg so effectively you can make alot of them endlessly and mass produce them (literally how I beat the final mission)
  • Make Falrics abilities automatic (buffing units)
  • Footmen (or in general better version upgrades of units) dont upgrade existing units

Mission Related Bugs
1) Arthas in the first mission literally already gets half of his levels while Falric gets just a few, feels very weird.
1.1) The Warlord just stays in the village corner and wants to kill you. If you do this you'll skip half the town and wont kill the Blademaster, make the Warlord properly retreat. I cheesed it the entire time while I finished killing everyone and the Blademaster. Awkwardly there was reinforcements (2 orks) from the edge of the map when I fought the Warlord where he was supposed to go.

2) The mission where you have to burn the ships desperately needs more time. Add 5 minutes at least. I had to skip the 4 heroes and that monster at the end.

3) The final mission feels especially awful because at some point this pops up and blocks the chat and a part of your screen: It doesn't go away.

WARNING: Recursion Error when dealing damage! Make sure when you deal damage from within a DamageEvent trigger, do it like this:

Trigger - Turn off (This Trigger)
Unit - Cause...
Trigger - Turn on (This Trigger)

3.1) Your angel semi-hero can get "Doom" casted on by enemy heroes, I dont know if that is intended
3.2) Arthas being bad like described above
3.3) During the Arthas Frostmourne ingame cutscene you can still get attacked

Apart from the issues above, I overall enjoyed it but these flaws truly make it something you just want to "get over with" at the end but I still enjoyed:

• That you made many difficulties for all kinds of RTS players, although I dont benefit from that
  • Your ideas to expand nightmare difficulty
  • Your ideas about how to expand the human faction as well as the units and heroes
  • Your ideas about the items you've implemented

So overall, what would I give it? It has been largely enjoyable, the flaws made it break immersion and feel annoying here and there and the end was just...Not great. But I appreciate all the content and ideas and I dont feel like I wasted my time so I'd say 7/10 and if you fix what I described 9/10. Its really good and that you made something this impressive for your first time is really amazing, please keep going and continue to improve. I hope you'll update this, its overall not much what you have to fix and that you will take more time into polishing.

Note about difficulty: I've played harder, its well possible just find the right strategy and micro. Also you're humans, towers are your friends. Also on Stratholme you can keep Mal Ganis busy forever by going around with someone in a circle :)

Last edited:
Level 1
Hello! I'm enjoying a lot playing this campaign, but chapter 8 doesn't work for me: I click to play it and the game gets me back to the campagin menu, and I don't know why. I'm playing on version 1.27, any help?

Level 3
Hello! I'm enjoying a lot playing this campaign, but chapter 8 doesn't work for me: I click to play it and the game gets me back to the campagin menu, and I don't know why. I'm playing on version 1.27, any help?

Update your game. Try either with 1.29.2 or 1.31.1 because I had no issues about crashes or stuff that wont start.

Only loading took kinda long.

Level 29
Update your game. Try either with 1.29.2 or 1.31.1 because I had no issues about crashes or stuff that wont start.
While this campaign was intended for the older versions (1.27), some chapters are only work on the latest version.
Furthermore, updating your game to 1.29 or 1.31 will cause some campaigns to be unplayable because there were numerous bugs that's still present (i.e: Specific triggers are not working after loading the saves).

Level 3
Great campaign you will do Scourge Campaign also? with dk arthas?

He already did, for every race as well. Check his profile then go to ressources. No nightmare mode though, at least on the undead one - no clue about the other two.

Arthas gets pretty strong too its hilarious although a bit silly.

Level 12
First I'm a casual scum so I played in normal.

II didn't expect much and I ended surprise, so many new units and crazy upgrades, even for heroes! But as many said, some unit become irrelevant (like the heavy footman) and you must use your hero to carry the team, once you reach northrend the balance broken(really powerful creeps), the enemies heroes and some undead are really tough.

I only found 2 bugs
1- If the special worker become a militia, can't build later.
2- An optional quest in chapter 7 show up of nowhere, and doesn't show up in the quests.

I looking forward to play the rest of the campaigns and see what is new.

Level 4
Hello soviet, I played teozamait's enhanced campaign and saw that you continued his work by doing Path of The Damned, Invasion, etc. Loved them all, finished them on Nightmare, went back and fooled around with cheats because who doesn't like throwing 800 supply worth of units at an objective. Noticed that you also did Scourge of Lordaeron as well and so i came to check it out (on Nightmare) until Chapter 4. Why are the spiders not attacking me? According to the other comments, they apparently attack in groups of 4 every so often at my back door, going from baby spiders to spiders, to C-fiends, and finally giant spiders while green lovingly throws their giant sentient human anatomy skeletons covered in forbidden tomato sauce at my front door. I went from playing the mission to just using whosyourdaddy and iseedeadpeople, seeing if they will ever budge but they just spawn and begin the mannequin challenge. Not to say the mission was easy with them standing still but it was a bit of a letdown.

(I played on 1.31.1 and 1.29.2)

Level 5
The Scourge of Lordaeron Enhanced, oh how nice you were to play!

I played through this campaign on Hard difficulty and had a blast the whole way through, although I may go back on Nightmare to see all there is to offer, but for now, I lend my review. Most missions demanded a fair amount of attention to hero control and base defense - of course, with the way the heroes are balanced, and the strength of static defense, this makes sense! I personally enjoy these two aspects in any map, as I am a big fan of the way Warcraft blends RTS and RPG mechanics through the hero and item system, as well as being a general fan of tower defense.

Now, as for those RPG mechanics, my god, did I have a blast! The heroes, while mostly supportive in nature, can still kick ass hard. In particular, the itemisation within this campaign is one of my favourites. We all hate having to leave behind items in favour of newer ones, even if greater in power it can still sting a little, but the way this campaign utilises the combination mechanic, you are always in a position to keep every item you find, and I love that!
"How so?" You may ask, and it's pretty simple. Custom items you find during missions typically can be combined with items present on that mission, or future missions - this is tuned in such a way that collecting all the items on a mission will always leave you with slots open to find items on the next mission, it is quite enjoyable. Of course, this requires the player potentially find obscure items hidden away to complete full sets, but most items are fairly accessible or have obvious tells if one explores enough. Some items the player will improve over the course of the entire campaign, and it is quite enjoyable to see your little sword turn into a great cleaver. The feeling of alleviating inventory concerns when you complete an item set is quite nice, and the effects these items grant are very fun to play with!
Now, is this system particularly balanced? Perhaps not, but it certainly makes you feel powerful, Arthas and Falric can act as extremely powerful front liners together with quite a few special abilities. By the end of the campaign, these two can basically solo armies if you have completed several items. Quite nice!

As for the custom units and upgrades, I found them very enjoyable to play with! Improving your economy further, improving your towers to devastating effectiveness, and providing your troops and heroes with powerful bonuses were all fun to play with throughout the campaign. Although I do admit, I typically stuck to the tried and true strategy of building Riflemen and nothing but Riflemen, only amplified by the bonuses one can research for them, as well as the additional weapon and armour tiers. In combination with heroes, they are quite formidable. Although there is another unit I typically turned to, the Elite Footman. What's so special about the Elite and up variants you may ask? They have bash - and the ability to be spammed easily, and I used this to quite deadly efficiency. Due to the fact most items do come from powerful boss creeps, usually alone, these little sword lads could stunlock them with relative ease, cheesing the boss fights - even in spite of spell immunity, you go bash!
These boss creeps of course, were quite fun to take on with your powerful heroes and armies, the items you earn are well worth their power. On this particular note, I had one of my most tense moments in this campaign, on the mission where you purge the city. In a race against the clock that was Mal'Ganis, I scoured the map for all the items, I refused to leave the mission without them, I successfully did so, and had to rush to finish. In the very last moments of the mission, Falric valiantly held Mal'Ganis' forces at bay while Arthas finished off the last of the plagued citizens, just in the nick of time. Whew, that was exciting for sure.

Overall, this campaign was an absolute blast, and it scratched that great itemisation itch, and it certainly made me feel powerful all the way through, good stuff.

Level 29
I have this problem while playing this custom campaign...
it seems that I can't play the mission 8 and it just brings me back to the mission select
Someone had the same problem and the only way to fix this issue was playing the campaign on the latest version. However, playing the campaign with 1.31 might risk of getting tons of bugs, especially the game breaking triggers.

nv4

nv4

Level 8
Played on nightmare, and I can say it was an enjoyable expirience, despite all its flaws. And certainly better than undead and orc enhanced campaigns. The enhancements are, once again, virtually entirely combat-related, so again I don't see the point in playing non-nightmare difficulty. Although even those enhancements become rather scarce at later chapters.
But hey, there's actually a new mini-quest in chapter 1. Didn't expect that, given what I've seen in your other campaigns, and I was pleasantly surprised, even though it was a rather simple quest.
Extra dialogues certainly weren't in-character, but I find them hilarious nonetheless, so I'd say it's a good addition.
So again, I wouldn't consider this campaign as a replacement for the original one, but rather a combat-oriented alternative for those who wanted more bloody action in the original campaign.

Speaking about the balance.
Sniper's explosive shot is supposed to be anti-mechanical and anti-building, so the one actual reason for this ability is to deal with fucking clockwork horrors. But guess what? They're immune to magic, so it can't be used on them. Explosive shot had one fucking job and it failed utterly. Like, come on, using it to kill clockwork horros is the first thing that comes to mind, and it doesn't work. How was this never fixed, let alone never tested to avoid this shit to begin with?
Champion footman costs no lumber, half the gold and food cost of knight, yet he's stronger than the knight. Fire mages can summon phoenixes, an ordinary unit with the hero's ultimate ability... And mages from colosseum even have a global blizzard, allowing to destroy everything from the comfort of your own protected base. Oh, and demonologist. Fuck demonologist. I thought clockwork horror and assassins with their bullshit stun spamming were the most "pain in the ass" units, but demonologists managed to outshine even them. Again, ordinary unit summoning a fucking infernal to wreck the backline, and even worse - two fel stalkers with their fucking mana burn.
Chapter 7 - runes of random evocation allow to spawn mortar team or even cannoneer, which can be abused to destroy the trees leading to main undead base. And since AI "activates" only after reaching Muradin's camp, it's possible to cheese the whole chapter easily.

Chapter 8 - eh, so far it was fine and even had quest enhancement in chapter 1, so I thought this campaign, unlike others, wouldn't repeat the mistake of unreasonable removal of original content. And yet it did. Again, what was the point of removing ziggurats over cliffs at the narrow path, and nerubian ziggurats?
In the original campaign nerubian ziggurats served the purpose of narrative design. With those ziggurats, it made sense for nerubians to be here, because that's literally where they live. And now nerubians are simply here. Like, just mindless digital puppets, whose only purpose is to be slayed by the player, not like they're actual creatures with their own life in the world of Azeroth. Narrative design of that "enhancement" fails greatly. All that was simply removed and nothing better was done as a replacements.
Same story with ziggurats over cliffs - it made sense for them to be there. A long narrow path at the territory controlled by the undead, with no alternative route around the coast. It's a perfect spot for such defensive installations. Yet they were removed for no reason.

Also, extra mention for chapter 6 (The Culling) for being the most disappointing one. After absolutely amazing enhancement teozamait did in his campaign, I expected something more than just a couple extra bandits and a demon that doesn't even fit here.

And a few bugs.
1) Chapter 5 - elite footmen resurrected as undead have bash, despite the fact that bash only becomes available for actual footmen in chapter 6. So undead footmen are stronger than actual footmen... How does that make any sense?
2) Giving Robe of the First Archmage to Max rewards you with... Robe of the First Archmage. Well, I guess Max has a severe dementia. Sad.
3) Plagued Amulet shares cooldown with Demonic Gift.
4) Chapter 9 - The First Soul and Punishment and bound to the same hotkey.

P.S.
Baffling how this bundle is still marked as "useful / simple" and not "approved" despite being reworked and improved long time ago.

Level 10
I did not see this on my original nightmare playthrough but Jaina is a little op with Plague Amulet. If you attempt to use the amulet to spawn the wand it summons an elemental instead and there is no CD or mana cost. This may be a version issue but its kinda funny you can spawn this many
1670991361425.png

Level 29
Hi I cant seem to play the last chapter of the campaign, is there anyway to fix this? (btw I have version 1.26)
Check the comments above. You probably need higher versions of Warcraft 3. However, if you play it on the higher versions, you might run up into other issues such as game breaking.

Level 3
it is most reassuring to see that the god of enhanced campagins strikes yet again glad to see u still have the spirit brother ,still waiting for that enhanced blood elves campagin it will be LEGENDARY, god bless ur work and ur family i have played all ur campagins like 2 or 3 times .

Level 4
Struggling with Chapter 2 Nightmare

Mind if I ask for any advice? The waves between are hard to deal with as time passes, and rushing catapult barrack didn't help

Level 2
Was fun,but couldnt play the last mission because the guardian became invulnerable at low level and stayed like that
also the secret mage in the culling didn´t give me a new item, just the robe back, i have the latest wc3 patch.
Other than that i always like a lot of secret stuff and an extra challenge like nightmare, but it was way too easy , after mission 4 my heroes were strong enough to solo everything.
What i didn´t like were the amounts of upgrades, there were like 4 upgrades for each unit, and too much of them too, i didn´t use rifles after mission 2 because mortars and snipers are just way better, melee units except knights died too fast so i just tanked everything with falric,
the mages were useful and i probabably would´ve used them more if it was more diffcult

Level 4
Interesting concept, but other comments are right ... in late missions, there is a lot of many units and upgrades ... some are OP (fast upgrades, fast building), some are useless.
It is nice to have Jaina one level further. With her mana fountain and Elemental spam, she is very useful. On the other hand, Falric is just very good tank. In early levels, his abilities can help to make focused unit live longer, but in late missions, there is not enough of time to micro his abilities - you need to focus on Arthas bc of healing and Muradins OP stun.
Last mission is a challenge even on normal. Mass tower strategy is very good bc of so many upgrades but in the main base I was low on lumber. Above all, enemies do not use long range siege. Only Lich is pain in .... furthermore bc you dont have Muradin to stop his channelling - you have to use stun mage that is paper.
In conclusion, 4,5/5 is in my opinion appropriate.

Level 4
Very nice job but if there's a couple things i'm not entirely satisfied by

1. The user above me is right. Falric being micro-heavy is great until you get to the late game where you don't really have enough time properly utilize him and i mostly just relegate him to meat-shield duty.
2. The amount of units and upgrades we get towards the end can get overwhelming. Some of which don't feel impactful while others are too impactful.
3. Some of the nightmare mechanics don't work or stop working after a while. For example, the evolving spiders sometimes stop sending waves when they hit the final evolution. They either stop entirely or don't send a wave but then when the next wave comes, everyone and their mothers come.

Also combining the 2 amulets in mission 5 would result in the summons not working but 18% chance to train a free unit still works. Why?

Level 1
Hey idk what is going on but Max the dude who asks for the Robes of the first mage doesn't give any item to you after you bring it to him it just drops on the ground then he runs off not giving any item

LOM

LOM

Level 1
I loved this so much it took me 12 hours to beat nightmare , only thing i got mad on is that wizard max on The culling mission that want robe of mage and gives me nothing , just returns robe of mage and i couldnt find full silver armor set . It wasnt too hard ,last mission took me few tries but i enjoyed every single mission.Confusing scepter , myth ,plauged amulet fav items .

Level 1
ok just 1 problem I have found so far playing through it on hard. I am on chapter 2 but there is no silverleaf to be found on the map. I found all the other herbs and even used Iseedeadpeople to try and find the last after looking for a fair few minutes since finding the 5th herb. But there is no sign of it.

Did you forget to add silverleaf to the 2nd mission?