• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Reaper's Game V2.4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The World Ends With You - The Reaper's Game

In the Underground world of Shibuya, hosts a game of which Players play the Reaper's Game. People from Shibuya are taken from the Real Ground to the Underground to play this extravagant game. Every day, the Game Master will give you Mission Mail. Fail to complete, and face erasure! The game lasts for 1 week and on the seventh day, you must face the Game Master himself.

(Read your character info in Quest at the start of the game).

Basically, In this game, you choose to be a Player or a Reaper. The Reapers create the game for the Players, while the Players play it. Reapers summon Noise, or monsters, for Players to erase (kill). The Game Master gives the Players a task to do each day. Reapers may also create submissions for the Players by placing Walls. Players use Pins (items) to play this Reaper's Game =).

V2.4
-Fixed glacier Special Effect
-Fixed bullet pin evolution
-Made Summoning Pins with a recharge time of 1 second.
-This adds more power to the Reapers, but also makes their responsibility higher.
-Going with this decision, Reapers and Game Masters will have an easier time doing things and it opens up a more variety of things GMs may do.
-*Be creative and play fair!*

V2.3b
-You can now buy at reaper creeper bug
-Bullet Pin bug
-teleporting minimum is now 0
-Reapers and Game Master do not gain max hp when leveling

V2.3a
-now you can shop bug

V2.3
-More balancing and awesomeness
-bullets don't cause lag anymore!

V2.2
-did some more balancing
-Now reapers are seriously more powered than Players =P (use good judgement and dont summon too many. Remember, Reapers and GM are in charge of making the game fun)

V2.0c
-fixed teleport charge

V2.0b
-Made the icicle pin better =)
If you have any more pin suggestions, please comment.

V2.0a
-"Slowered" the pins to cause less lag.

V2.0
-fixed some very minor bugs
-gave the Gotta Bounce! ability to Players
-new pin set:
Old Man
Old Woman
Grandpa!

V1.0c
-balanced some more things such as the AOE for meteor (too imba)

V1.0
-complete credits given
-new terrain
-balanced the Pin damage to Noise HP
-the bug dealing with pin evolution rarely occurs anymore!

V3.1d BETA
-shared Yen among all Players. (Now you can go buy some awesome Pins =P)
This should be the last BETA version. The official one will be released with full credits for models.
In Next Update:
-New Terrain decorative
-A finalized balance of Pin damage to Noise HP
-Hopefully fixing the Pin bug. (If your pins stop working suddenly, type in -pbug.) I'm trying every day to figure out why the pins go out of whack after evolution. =\

V3.1 BETA
-has fusion abilities
-more balanced Noise to Pin damage
-New Weak Noise Lvl.3
-3 new Pins: Discharge, Get off of Me!, and Ball of Explosion
-Shop merchandise are more organized
-Added Music

Keywords:
TWEWY, The World Ends With You, Game, Noise, Player, RPG, Role-Play
Contents

The Reaper's Game V2.4 (Map)

Reviews
01:06, 27th Jul 2009 Linaze: To begin with: ineffective triggering (memory leaks and do nothing). Moving on, the terrain wasn't that good looking and it felt like warcraft with modern buildings. I suggest getting some modern tiles such as an asphalt...

M

01:06, 27th Jul 2009
Linaze: To begin with: ineffective triggering (memory leaks and do nothing). Moving on, the terrain wasn't that good looking and it felt like warcraft with modern buildings. I suggest getting some modern tiles such as an asphalt tile. The map presentation could also use improvement since now it basically consists of a small block of text about the map and a wall of text which is just a changelog. Finally, I was unable to find any credits for the custom resources you used, so that needs to be fixed as well.

Level 6
Not going to upload another Map until I am satisfied that everyone knows how to play

Going to go test game now.

Tested the game. Took out the Producer, Composer, and conductor because not enough people knew about TWEWY :(.

Last edited:
Level 6
LOL. Dude i was looking at my map when I finished it and im like... wow that looks kinda.. lol.

But yeah, I'm going to decorate the streets now :)

Theres a bug in the game that I'm aware of that's very bothersome. To get rid of it, just type in -pbug. But eventually i'll find a way to fix it completely.

I've never encountered the crashing problem, so I'll see if anyone else is crashing.
I know that your character pauses when you use the worm hole pin, and I have yet to know how to fix it. All I know is, if you evolve teleport, and use the Worm Hole pin too quickly, you'll be paused.

The official version will be released as soon as I can. But in the mean time, i've given the game one more last update. Gold is now shared evenly.

Level 1
I've played the map with a few friends, and it gets kinda fun after we know how to play

but a bit of complaint, other people can kill you with target pins (like the freeze pin) but you can't kill them with shockwave pins (fire bullet pins)

so it's kinda unfair when you used money to buy the best shockwave, but other people kills you with targets

another suggestion
state how the game should be played on the screen rather in the quest menu, since activating the quest menu is annoying, most people wont spend time to check the quest menu

so displaying it early on is the best

second last suggestion
removing the ability for reapers to teleport players, they could just keep teleporting you without letting you farm, then after the seventh day just kill you with ease

last suggestion
allow players units to change colour when they formed pacts to represent that they are linked, maybe some name beside them

Level 6
Lol thank you for the comment. You probably provided the most beneficial feedback =).

The game is very easy to understand if you've played The World Ends With You before, but to others, I decided to post the concept of the game on the loading screen because I felt that the goal and point was more important. Also, there's only a 9 line limit for the Loading Screen, and I cannot fit all of the rules on there.

I know target pins allow players to hit other players, and I could fix it.. but I think that it's just more fun with more options of what you can do. For instance, a GM can go totally whack and tell Players to kill someone to pass the Day. (GM can revive them) Yes I know it is kind of fair, but the game isn't played Players Vs Players. And if there are any rule breakers, the Reapers are supposed to take care of it. Rules and Power in this game relies on how good the Reapers and especially the GM is.

I tried to explain short rules for all of the People such as to purchase pins in the beginning and such. I figured, People would rather read short information instead of paragraphs. That's why I created the official rules in the Quest. There is just too many rules in this game. Just try to remember to play fair, and make it fun for everyone. (I'm not quite sure myself, but My game might be considered a little RP ish? =\)

Also, I specifically noted in the Warping ability that they cannot use Warp in an unfair way. The Game Master has the power to kill or stop Reapers from doing unfair things. So I'd suggest you have a good, fair GM. I know a lot of people on wc3 become childish when they realize they have so much power, but that's not what this game was designed for. It was designed for Twewy lovers and anyone interested in playing its game. Its solely a gaming environment where people interact with each other and have a good time. I also ESPECIALLY state that they canNOT warp out of important fights. For instance, if there was a mission to kill a Reaper, that Reaper may not warp away 9999 miles away (or off the screen).

Hmm good suggestion. But I already state that if you are pact, you will see Pact Confirmed. Also, your armor will be 20 if you're near your partner. ALSO, your sync rate will rise (mana) if you have a pact. And another thing, if you are allied, your Partner is now "yellow" instead of red like an enemy would appear to be.

Another thing.. All Pins should hurt Players (except your Partner with the exception of targetting pins). Now that I think of it, that should have happened. I don't know why your bullet pin did not hurt players =\. Players are unallied and appear enemies to one another.

Level 6
I'm having technical issues right now and cannot upload V2.4...

If anyone has been in contact with the CoolWWWSearch virus, or know how to fix it, please tell me. It does not allow me to use google correctly, or upload anything including my maps. I've tried Spybot, AdAware, CWShredder, and SUPER antivirus professional. None of them have found CoolWWWSearch, or if they have, have reported that it has been deleted. I contracted the virus from streaming a video of Supernatural Season 1, Episode 3. For anyone reading this, please help me!

My problem has been resolved (for the most part). I reformatted my computer (or deleted C drive). I posted V2.4 2-3 days ago before I lost my internet connection from some unknown way. Anyways, hope you like the new version!

Last edited:
Level 6
Hmm... if any Moderators are reading this then you don't have to review this map cuz I know you guys are busy =\.

and besides.. if you haven't played The World Ends With You (aka TWEWY) then it wouldn't be much of a review xD cuz the game is a little confusing if you havent played it. anyways, just hope that if any mods read this, they read this before reviewing so they dont waist their time =).