• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The problem with diving into the transport of flying units!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The problem with diving into the transport of flying units!
I found an error. If a unit has a flying type of movement, then it will never want to enter a transport or a building. It is unacceptable to change the unit type. This is necessary to create an aircraft carrier

Seems to be hardcoded to not allow air. Some people might be able to find hacky workarounds with the information there.

Level 4

Seems to be hardcoded to not allow air. Some people might be able to find hacky workarounds with the information there.
Unfortunately, I must note that this does not solve the problem. If you create a ground unit, it refuses to unload on the water. In addition, there are about 50 flying units in the game. This is too problematic a solution.

Unfortunately, I must note that this does not solve the problem. If you create a ground unit, it refuses to unload on the water. In addition, there are about 50 flying units in the game. This is too problematic a solution.
Perhaps use Float or Hover or Amphibious movement as base?

EDIT:
Use Amphibious as base instead of Ground in the other thread, since this is what Naga units uses.

EDIT 2:
So, I did some tests. First off, make sure the unit has a transport size of 1 or more, not 0.

Second, the load ability bans Flying movement type by default. However, it allows unit with 'Air' targeting (targeted as air unit). A solution is to use a combination of 'Air' + Amphibious + Turn-Off Collision (via trigger). I am still exploring further.

Last edited:
Level 4
Perhaps use Float or Hover or Amphibious movement as base?

EDIT:
Use Amphibious as base instead of Ground in the other thread, since this is what Naga units uses.

EDIT 2:
So, I did some tests. First off, make sure the unit has a transport size of 1 or more, not 0.

Second, the load ability bans Flying movement type by default. However, it allows unit with 'Air' targeting (targeted as air unit). A solution is to use a combination of 'Air' + Amphibious + Turn-Off Collision (via trigger). I am still exploring further.
Good idea! But we're looking the wrong way! Instead of a permanent metamorphosis, a temporary one is needed without specifying a specific source unit! (Nothing can be specified in place of the transforming unit) I'll try on Illidan's reincarnation. You gave me a great idea! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.