• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A Unit is Unloaded from a Transport Event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is there any easy way to do this? There's an "Unit is Loaded Into a Transport" event, but I haven't seen an unloaded one.

What I'm trying to do is have it so when an "Admiral" unit type is loaded into a transport ship, he gives it an aura ability. That's working fine, problem is that I can't seem to get the ability to be taken away from the transport when he unloads.

I had a "Every 1 Sec of Game Time" Event with Pick Every Unit in Unit Type Transport and if AdmiralLoaded=1 (made it =1 when admiral is loaded in) and "(Random unit from (Units of Type Admiral)) is loaded into (Picked Unit)) equal to false" conditions, but that didn't work so well when there was more than one Admiral on the map.

I haven't used the WC3 coding or scripting or whatever yet, but I'm sure I could figure it out.

Level 2
Problem with that is you can unload units by using the unload ability the ship has, which is what it counts as the unload order, or you can unload units by clicking on their icons, which ****s it up.

Last edited:
Level 2
maby its beacuase the aura still stays on the admiral even if its removed, thats also how you make more auras on a single spot, adds them and then remove. could it be that he still has his aura on, and the event launchs cuz he got it, you just cant see animation and icon?
I don't really understand what you're trying to say, but what I'm trying to do is give the ship he's in the aura ability when he loads in it. I can do that but the problem was taking away the ability when he left the ship.

I think I've figured it out now though. The unloading units one by one is an order with target while the unload all is an ability. I'll just need 2 unload triggers.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.