• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Potion Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I know everybody will say "There is another guy who don't know how to stack items." Thats wrong. I think my question is more silly than "how to stack items".

So now the question: I want to have a item that heals the hero. I will get around 20 posts if I don't discribe it more. So it should be without charges and be used normal by click. To sum up I search a stell wich heals the user.

If its possible I search it allso vor mana.

I hope someone at here can help me.
i'll be greatful!

Level 13
If I understoodö you correctly... then you just take an item which has no charges...

e.g. this staff which spawns troll headhunters.. (can't remember the name^^)
Go to object editor and to this item...Change the ability to the potion ability instead of the "spawn headhunters" ability...

That should be it...

OR: (not sure if that works)

set the charges to 0

Same with the mana potions..

Level 4
Ya I had this idea before, but out of this there is another question: Is it posible to use more than one time the same ability on different items?
Example: I create a nothing doing ability out of thunderclap. Can I used it then on heal and mana potion without to have couldown on manapotion when I used the healpotion?

@Edit: DarkAngelAzazel: Wow 2 minutes and I haven't see it. I will try your idea, but if it don't work my question in same post is the question I wants to know.

Level 13
Sure.
When editing an item there is a coloum which says (Oo I only know it in german :()
cooldown group or something...
I think if you give the different item different cooldown groups they will have different cooldown...

I hope I understood your question right^^

Status
Not open for further replies.