• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The new scripting configuration (as of 1.24 patch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, i have seen some new spells with comments of type "It's going to be rejected, Indexing will no longer be acceptable within the new Patch release". Let's say i want to upload a spell, in GUI, what type should it be? A non-array one? What about the hero Contest? How those spells will be judged? Hashtables in GUI, meaning? Are there going to be new functions in the normal GUI actions or from the existing ones, we will get to know how the new scripting configuration works? An example, if possible (I guess it is possible, since vJass already uses it), but with GUI material?

Level 29
Yes, GUI will include all the new hashtable functions.
If you're a GUI coder, you should just be happy, as it will be a billion times easier to make MUI stuff without any Jass systems or what-the-hell-is-this indexing things.

As to what you should upload - the new rules (are they in effect yet?) state exactly what you need, with MUI being one of them.

I don't know if they are established yet, but, what's the reason of uploading a spell, when the whole section of Spells will get purged of those GUI triggers afterwards?
Yes, I know what the rules are, but i am kinda trying to save space for the spell: Can a spell be done in the current World Editor with GUI coding and be acceptable even after the patch release (following the patche's updates) or the functions will be totally new?

Status
Not open for further replies.