• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The most feared race

The most feared race

• Protoss

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Terran

Votes: 35 38.9%
  • Zerg

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • All

Votes: 13 14.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
I agree with you that both costs are relevant, I'm just saying that totalling them up can lead to really misleading situations. For example, if a Zerg opponent is massing Mutalisks, gas isn't particularly important as Terran (you'll want a few geysers going but definitely not full saturation on 4-6 geysers).

That's a triple post ^
Death by lynch anyone?

Edit:
doubleposter.gif

Level 13
People who can't use grammar deserves to die!

Also, wtf @ the triple poster. Banelings aren't useful? You're stupid.

Rushing wins games, on occasion. I rush when I think my enemy can't counter. I'm usually right.

yey a game that last 5 minutes, thats a lot of fun, if i start doing that gay stuff playing against friends im sure they wont play with me anymore, and vice verse, go get some friends
Its more like: "Yey i won a game, by any means necessary."
If you hate being rushed, you fail. I never get rushed successfully and i usually win after that. I'm anti-cheese/rush kind of guy. I love it when they try it on me.

Level 13
It is deadly against the right people, just like every other tactic. There's a reason rushes and VR spam are overrepresented in bronze, you know.

Level 10
Ever heard of baneling busts?

I have moved burrowed roaches into bases when they are moving stuff around and harrassed the crap out of them before.

How about zealot rushes? (2 gate zealot spam used to work, don't know after patch)

Terran can easily be rushed, just like anyone else.

Just for the fact of creep and queens, I would say that zerg are the hardest to rush, but that is me.

Level 8
100% Terran. Because they are simple enough for everyone to own with them.

Also because of their vikings/siege tanks/marine rushes. Those are the three things that i hate the most about them. ~ Plays Protoss

It's pretty much undeniable that you need better macro, micro, and decision making if you're going to be playing terran as opposed to protoss. Just saying.

not really, just better macro and be more cheesy.

protoss is a micro oriented race, every single unit of them has an ability to exploit. Learning to exploit each ability to the max and micro your army correctly is the key to win as toss.

back to topic:

the race i fear the most is zerg, mainly because of muta harrasses and how easy they expand. I need to play agressively in order to avoid them of getting more than 50% map control.

Also lastest patch has made my TvZ opening harder since now i get 12 rracks and by them the zerg may have actualy placed their expansion. I like to block it with a bunker closed by mineral lines so they can't surround it and i can repair it.

Level 40
I hate how people keep saying that Protoss is a micro oriented race and Terran is a macro oriented race as if they have never watched any tournaments recently which indicate that exactly the opposite is the case...

Yes, players like KiWiKaKi are obsessed with micro (Kiwi is a wc3 player, so go figure), but Terran is a race that absolutely has to harass all game to win. Protoss (in both PvT and PvZ) is very comfortable just sitting back, macroing up, and then doing one or two huge pushes to win. Obviously they should still pressure their opponent too, but they are not dependent on denying the late game to have a chance at victory.

Level 20
There was a thread about how Zerg were incredibly overpowered and that a-moved banelings required pro level micro to defeat. This was apparently because Terran has no viable counters at T1.5 for banelings.

There are a lot of stupid threads on TL (presumably this is where you found it). All you really need is good positioning, good micro, and a few marauders.

Aslit said:
zerg overpowered??? what game are u playing?
I wish the SC2 scene wasn't so big so people might start thinking about what they say instead of copy-pasting old opinions from frustrated pro-gamers.

Protoss macro pretty much comes down to "Oh, my money is high? Let me just instantly spawn X units to put that back down." As for micro, just put your zealots in the front, A-move, and spam the F key.
Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration, but compared to both of the other races I don't see how protoss requires more micro.

Level 4
i dont know why but i just dislike protoss.. i have trouble with mass stalkers, it just dosnt seem to go well for me. (not just stalkers but usually a few collosi and some other units depending on the other player of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.