• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Masquerade

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
WOD Vampire-Werewolf-Hunter
(updated to version 1.3)

This map is a ORPG. It actually would take all it's potential with a player assuming the role of Storyteller. It is not self suffiecient. It is a real RPG. But still it can be played with no storyteller as a face off. This is not intended to be single player game.

It is based on the pen and paper fantasy world imagined by White Wolf. It is an adaptation of the World of Darkness vampire game, with a bit of Werewolf Apocalypse and Hunter the Reckoning.

Many effects, commands and actions have been included for the use of the Storyteller. (Don't forget to always remove weater effects not to lag or create slow downs.)

Singleplayer test went fine. I have no clue of the multiplayer reaction. I have a special concern on alliances has they are made in game.

I suggest testing this map with some friends as it is big and it takes cooperation if you choose to have a storyteller. (Description of what is a storyteller and is role in quest menu).

Oh by the way the map maker Elmekior = Melshisedek1 = me

All credits have been given. Althought I can't remember were I got that Goth Girl skin. Please post author name if you know of him/her. Thanks
Contents

The Masquerade (Map)

Reviews
01:39, 14th Nov 2008 Septimus: Exceed map size permitted at battlenet.

M

01:39, 14th Nov 2008
Septimus: Exceed map size permitted at battlenet.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
[APPROVED(#)] - Has potential, often people die forever which seems a bug though. Remove the -exp command, its just too easy to level with. Also make more natural events in the environment. The game splits while using the "-clone" command which is a bit sloppy. Also an ally system is need, urgently!

Level 7
Dr Super Good I totally go for your suggestions. I may need some help making them though.

Can you be more specific about the units die forever bug so I can fix it.

I kept the experience bonus for role players, and for the Storyteller to make powerfull units. But I know alot of people might just use it to cheat, make a powerfull hero, save it and rejoin. It was an issue that caused me alot of reflection. I will rethink it but I need more opinions on the subject.

I did not really get the clone that is sloppy. What do you mean?

By more natural events, do you mean adding ai units ?

The alliance is self made by choosing team after 3 minutes the games starts. That is because everybody have their base. Same base equal same team. But I don't know if it worked. Ex. You choose sabbat, you are allied with sabbat and enemy to other factions.

Althought an ally system would be interesting how would it go about.

Waiting for a reply.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You need to make it so that if you join no faction (freelancer) you can choose your allies, this would really be good for RP since it allows people to choose their friends or some one to unally all and go around being evil.

Natural Events, having the cops actually killing NPC criminals which players can level from. Also making area spawns would be cool (for stroyteller) that by typing in the name of the area and the unit he can get units to respawn (like a level area). Maybe make some areas have no spawns for non storyteller games.

Also stop the storyteller being able to plonk units next to a other players hero, since this is unfair and can be used to ruin their fun by spawnning 10 uber creeps around them (1000 range would be ok).

When using the clone command on an enemy player hero (I had selected), it spawned a different type of hero and every one got disconnected. (split (OOS)). It needs to not do that or no one will use it.

The die forver bug was reported by enemy players who were being respawn killed and suddenly their hero stopped reviving, it sounds like maybe a problem with a GUI trigger wait instead of using JASS timers and handle vars. Fix simpply by adding a -revive command that forces revive.

You may want to consider making a NON RP version where the storyline is fixed latter on (heroes are interusuable), but for now stick to this map.

Level 7
I take note. I especially like the freelancer choose faction idea. I will see how I can go by doing this. I was thinking maybe I should do an area ( a circle for example) where the hero stand and he removes previous alliances and if another team has invited him he can join. So that even if you are a werewolf you can join vampires or humans etc.

Surprising the clone bug? But if it is redundant I will see to remove it. ( I will revise the triggers involved to see if it is not simply an error).

Regarding the revive, maybe it is because it was not the main hero, all other heros are removed to not overflod the game. I don't think it is a bug. I triggered it this way. You can revive your hero's for a price at resurrection stone in forest or at the homeless lobo in the sewers or the NPC in bases for the team's who have one. Next version I will mention it in the quest menu.

Naturals events can add some spice. Finally respawn areas could show really usefull, but it will take more time to trigger and I would like it if some people that played the game can suggest what kind of units I can include in the respawn areas.

I will update with the easy changes real soon. But for other stuff it will have to wait a little as it takes time. Thanks for commenting.

Level 7
Thanks man. Alot of work went in this. Hopefully it will get even better.

UPDATE AGAIN! To version 1.3 with alliance change option. Has no yet been tested in multiplayer. Let me know if it works fine.

UPDATE! UPDATE! To version 1.2 Tell me if save-code works in multiplayer please.

I just did a fast update;
1- Fixed the Thunder Clap spell that did not work due to errored requirements.
2- Made a trigger to remove -save code option if played in singleplayer.
3- Added air pathing blockers on the elevators in Shopping Mall.
4- Removed map preview. But kept loading screen. (if I ever find an amasing one, might add one)
5. Made the Independant Haven doors invulnerable.

I did not yet remove the -clone option that caused a crash in multiplayer. Let me know if it is a redundant bug. Maybe it does that with a specific unit?

The alliance change triggers are ready, but not yet working properly, I can't figure out why the remove player from player group won't totally remove player from previous team?

Level 7
I suspect the following commands to cause disconnection (also my actual line really sucks, so I would not be certain):

-remove
-clone
-move.

Can someone please check that out because no one is going to play the map if it keeps on disconnecting.

I will sadly remove those command has soon has someone can confirm my suspicions, because I have no friends available to test that out.

Thank You

Level 7
The map is really buggy in multiplayer.
Avoid using those command -move, clone,-remove. Things that should work simply go all wrong in multiplayer. Alliances are not even respected.
I will have to take a closer look at that. But I think I will have to simply post my triggers. I used only GUI, and I don't think it does the work. I am no Jass programmer.

Level 1
the map is very promissing, but in fact, its imposible to play on multiplayer, cus -m -clone and -rm cause disconnection, for sure, plus if you use any control change command, it will take effect first on another players hero, thus removing its control over his/her main character, alliance change does not seem to work at all. If this issues could be fixed, the map would be awesome, but since its not posible to play multiplayer, right now its not even at half way there. ill be looking foward to an update.

Level 7
Hi everyone. I was gone like for almost 2 months. I was busy moving and I was so fed up after finishing this map that I did'nt touch my computer for playing games since then. I will try and fix most bugs and make it multiplayer compatible. Hopefully this will be done within 2 weeks.

Level 1
so i guess there'll be to update. what a shame, i looked every week but nothing ever happened. : (

Level 2
I love this game, right away i was addicted from the start, i WOULD host it every time i go on Battle.net but my comp now has a virus in it so whenever i host it either lags out or crashes, anyways nice job man and an ally system is needed