• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The map works very fluid in solitaire, but with much stutter with online players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Online with more from 3 players, the units take a long time to respond.
For example, they build 20 seconds after you give them the order, they attack a target 5 seconds after you give them the order, they use an ability 10 seconds after you order them.
At times an unit does not want to build a building at all.

0 triggers are thought to do that effect , 0 triggers launch when an unit attacks, builds or moves.

Playing vs AI, alone, map works well.

Map is attached , map is in spanish.

Attachments

• WW agustin mod.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 9

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
If too many units are controlled by the same player this issue will happen.

Your map also has A LOT of memory leaks and inefficient triggers. For example:
  • morir y perder
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Number of units in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Centro ingles (English)) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)).)) Equal to 0
          • (Number of units in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Centro aleman (German)) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)).)) Equal to 0
          • (Number of units in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Centro austro (Austrian)) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)).)) Equal to 0
          • (Number of units in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Centro ruso (Russian)) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)).)) Equal to 0
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Neutral Hostile
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Neutral Victim
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Neutral Extra
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Neutral Passive
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 12.00 seconds the text: (el jugador + ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + ( mato al jugador + (Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))))))
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 12.00 seconds the text: (player + ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + ( killed + (Name of (Owner of (Dying unit))))))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)).) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)).) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
        • Loop - Actions
      • Player Group - Add (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to GrupoJugDerrotados
      • Player Group - Remove (Owner of (Triggering unit)) from GrupoDeJugGanando.
      • Trigger - Run revelar mapa a todos los que han perdido <gen> (ignoring conditions)
      • Trigger - Run chequear jugadores ganando <gen> (ignoring conditions)
Every time a unit dies you're leaking 4 Unit Groups, plus an additional 3 if the Actions happen. I recommend redesigning your triggers to ask a lot less questions when something generic happens.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hello Uncle

The problem is the one in the link that you linked, and may have to look at pathing.

I know about the leaks and the strange overload of triggers. The reason that i have to think that it is not a problem by the triggers is because the units respond without taking pauses when i play alone.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Hello Uncle

The problem is the one in the link that you linked, and may have to look at pathing.

I know about the leaks and the strange overload of triggers. The reason that i have to think that it is not a problem by the triggers is because the units respond without taking pauses when i play alone.
Yeah, leaks are more of a cumulative issue. The more leaks you have the greater the usage of memory which over time can cause performance issues. Computers are powerful nowadays so they can handle a lot of memory leaks in Warcraft 3. That being said, you can probably improve overall map performance by managing them properly. Obviously it's up to you as to whether you want to address the issue or not, it's just something to think about.

Last edited:
Level 3
From now on i will just edit in loop this comment to avoid spam

Uncle

In case that you wonder the meaning behind the 3 times select every unit , there is a bug that happens sometimes that if you have an unit with storage , as a boat , the boat is removed but its tripulation lives. Therefore i have to remove again.

Status
Not open for further replies.