• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] The Legend of Zelda Hyrule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Alright before I begin. I made this map a long time ago and never got around to finishing it, so I am releasing it so it doesn't fade out of existence. The map is intended for fans of that series, but I imagine could be a little fun for others as well.

This map is a recreation of the first map of Hyrule seen in "The Legend of Zelda" for the NES. The basic idea is each player starts in a dungeon and emerges in to the overworld to fight. Your goal is to enter your opponents dungeons and crush them. The map has all sorts of hidden goodies around it just like the game it's based off of. With plenty of places to expand like a normal Warcraft 3 match.

Because this is a map based off a game, it will not be balanced, this is intended as I value accuracy to the original over balance. So for example, players 3 and 7 start rather close to each other, while others start in more defended positions.

Now on to what's *not* done.

Creep Placement/Balancing: Many places are missing creeps or have creeps that are too strong/weak.

Terrain Elevation: The terrain is complete, but it's flat. Like on Azeroth Wars the rock terrain type functions like mountains and most of it is not elevated, but game-play wise it functions perfectly.

Custom Units/Items/etc.: Some units/items were intended to be custom as some added flavor, but I never got around to making all of them.

Probably other things I forgot.

Due to it being unfinished and imbalanced there is no need to rate the map, but comments are welcomed.

Attachments

• Hyrule NES.w3x
    176.8 KB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.