• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] The Legend of Ediathis Part 2 - The Lost Battle Work in Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
The Legend of Ediathis Cinematic series has gotten pretty nice reviews so far. Ive created a number of threads about my series, but this one is specifically focused on my second part :

The Legend of Ediathis Part 2 - The Lost Battle

~~Summery ~~

In Part 1, we left off with Ediathis and his 3 new friends ( Lady Ara, Therin, and Bandis ) venturing to a battlefield near the outskirts of Alador, for reasons not yet known by Ediathis. King Valuran, the mysterious angel who called for Ediathis's aid, leads his army behind the 4 commrades and plans to invade alador, a country of men, corrupted by some sort of unknown manipulative force.

In Part 2, we will soon discover that there is evil amongst the 4 adventurers. They travel far distances, with Ederil not to far behind, to reach the battlefield. During this trip the 4 of the friends connect more. Yet one night a horrible dream hits Ediathis and he faces his stalker. As the bearer of bad news, Ederil tells Ediathis what he should really be doing. Ediathis quickly resists the skeletons evil manipulation, but when the time comes to fight, he slowly begins to fall into what he may not be able to escape from...

~~The Work in Progress~~

I have Part 2 in pastebin and for a limited time, is posting it up for you to look at. Its an unprotected map, yet it is still in progress. There are a total of 6 - 8 scenes, 3 of which are nearly completed, and the rest have all terrain finished, jsut the script needs to be put in place. So far the map size is about 20 MB. A song takes up the most space, but in the released version, the song will be reduced and shortened. ATM it takes up about 7.5 MB X_X So once reduced it should only take up about 2 MB.

I hope you enjoy what i have created so far. Please i need all the ideas, feedback and commentary that you can give me to help improve my cinematic series even more. Right now it is a solo project, just me. And i dont have screenshots at the moment, but if you want to see part 1 of my cinematic series, please go here :

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/legend-ediathis-part-1-a-116667/?prev=t=45

To See the Second part, follow this PASTEBIN link :

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=qvwp95

In -game , the map is called "The Ultimate Terraining Map" I forgot to change the name before i uploaded it.

Thank you all for your support. =)

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I was wondering if you were ever going to continue this. Both Bounty and me thought it was an interesting kick-off. Nice to see this series is being worked on.

In your text you don't seem to explain it, but I presume Ederil is the angel?

I'll probably watch it and return with feedback.

EDIT: I have watched it. Great job on the terrain. I think the nucleus of the story is strange, and those runes on Ediathis's model still bug me. On a more related note, the battle was interesting. I just found it weird that those giants didn't scare anybody... besides me. The music was... well, I hated to see Lord of the Rings music edited like that, but I guess that is just me...
You could have given another name to the Ultimate Terraining Map. I kept searching for it on my Maps folder and couldn't find it, hehe.

Last edited:
Level 18
ah thanks Rui, here let me explain a few key things :

1) Ederil is the skelton ( the one with the bow as an arm ) and King Valuran is an angel.

2) the cinematic i posted is bits and pieces. which is why most of it makes no sence right now. When its completed you will see the story flow a bit better.

3) im gonna reupload the pastebin today with the correct name and a lower filesize. sorry about it.

4) my story is very cliffhangerish. Its meant to not make much sence at first, but slwoly as you go on, you put pieces together, and find out what is really going on.

5) as for the runes on ediathis. I plan on those having a huge part in the story. youll see why. There will be a part stricly on the background story of ediathis.

Level 11
I really liked it but i have one quetion.. how do you make doodads fly? example: If you have one part of stairs and the doodad is supposed to be on the ground how to make the same doodad fly? i hope you understand ty

Status
Not open for further replies.