• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Last Stand

The Last Stand
Created by: Hell_Master

87748d1281896144-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-mi.png

This is my map for the Farming Contest being held here but do please remember that little changes here were done and is not the same with my map in the Contest Entry itself so when mods are gonna moderate this, dont base the review in the Farming's result. Thank you! And no I didnt change my map at the Farming because that is cheating.

Now back to the topic, in this map you will play the role of a great Leader name Lord Vargas who came back to the Castle together with his small army to celebrate victory but unexpected things happened! The Undead invaded the castle and the Castle is left in ruin. Many corpses lies at the ground decaying, brutalized corpses and such. Even the ruler, its King was slain and at the throne sits the Death Lord, the leader of the Undead Army.

Your power is not that imaginably strong so you must acquire first the fabled Great Artifacts that is said to make the wielder strong. They are hidden in the castle not known by the undead. Go forth and seek for the Artifacts and put an end to the Death Lord's madness
87747d1281896144-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-f.png

Here are the game's features. It consists of well-known features and some maybe unique:

• Rescuable units that will help you in combats and such...
  • Traps that makes the game harder
  • Savepoints that are really useful when it comes to healing your hero and units. Also, serves as a reviver.
  • Difficulty System where you can experience two modes with either strong enemies or normal enemies.
  • Achievements that adds more beauty to the game and makes you a feel more special on completing them.
  • Quiz System that gives rewards by completing it.
  • Secret Cinematic acquirable through completing all Achievements. This will also tell something about the game!
  • Buyable ability upgrades for your units to enable their usage of their locked spells and abilities.
87750d1281896230-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-s.png

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

87746d1281896144-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-c.png

Much thanks to this guys because of their resources that leaded to the game's completion.

• Sliph-M
  • Nexus_Blizzard
  • kola
  • Mc !
  • PeeKay
  • Tranquil
  • CloudWolf
  • Lichkings Slave
  • Frankster
  • Cavman
  • Mr Goblin
  • JesusHipster
  • Pyritie
  • JetFangInferno
  • The_Avenger's_Return
  • Paladon
87752d1281896430-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-cl.png

• Released in Map Section!

• Added a Minimap Preview Image
  • Added new abilities for units and also upgrades
  • Improved description for the Artifacts showing the ability they give. This is to give knowledge to the player because a question by he Quiz Master will ask something related to the Artifacts.
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Warcraft, Dungeon Crawl, Last Stand
Contents

The Last Stand (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet22:11, 5th June 2013 Map Approved with Swag The Last Stand (Version 1.1) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet22:11, 5th June 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved with Swag
The Last Stand (Version 1.1)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"The Last Stand" is a single player Role Playing Game /Rpg that tells the story of Lord Vargas and a handful of knights on there mission to free the land from Undead attack.

"I was expecting some materials relating to farm-like themes by means of building structures to earn resources, gather a lot of material to make a material(I think this game has) even though the game is more in offensives. Bosses are easy to kill just hack and slash finishes the job how about make some "phases" on each boss? e.x boss 1 is about to reach 50% of health make him summon creeps or so, I'm not sure why a in-game text/trigger counts my creep kills it doesn't do much, and lastly all spells has no hot key, it would be impossible to micro all poseable spells by just clicking them."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"The Terrain looks okay for now, but if you do improve make it more dramatic as if a beautiful barbie castle got under attack by bad luck brian or easier a horror castle to boost up atmosphere."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"In total, there are some problems going through your map, like the Quiz Master's question, I already all of the enemy heroes name and still does nothing, I guess I'll look inside map a little bit more then, cinematics can't be skipped and the position of units talking to each other while cinematic is on looks weird, especially the first scene where the group of knights enters the castle they were just like talking while some ghouls are already stationed there mapping or so, anyhow can be approved".

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
8/1577%C

Level 30
@Orcnet
Oh my god!

To all,
BTW, I cant yet find a proper Map Preview Image for this so this will stay for the moment and also if you find some things in the game that stops progress, please report it to me and I will fix it.

The terrain is not my best due to some I rushed but in each update, I will make it better!

For the map size, its quite big because of the music and also I cant find a good optimizer for the music so I can lessen the space it consumes.

Hope all understands!

Level 14
@Orcnet
Oh my god!

To all,
BTW, I cant yet find a proper Map Preview Image for this so this will stay for the moment and also if you find some things in the game that stops progress, please report it to me and I will fix it.

The terrain is not my best due to some I rushed but in each update, I will make it better!

For the map size, its quite big because of the music and also I cant find a good optimizer for the music so I can lessen the space it consumes.

Hope all understands!

so you are planning to review you own map ?:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 14
then i'll make some

The Last Stand review

My Review
good things
-spells are fine
-terrain is good
-Systems are very good
-Gameplay is good
-cinematics are also nice
-quests are also usefull
-storyline actaully makes sense instead of making some randum stuff
-you can save your progress within game

bad things
-None
overoll
A very good 1 player game very fun to play and boring
rated 5/5 and voting for Approval!

Level 30
Well yeah, thanks again! I will be waiting for the mods now for either Approval or Rejection. And also save points are disabled in Boss Battles so dont die.... meheheh and it will not really save gae but more of a healer and reviver.

Level 20
Meh, I'm more of a negative reviewer so expect a large number of cons.

Pros
  • Custom spells, units, etc.
  • Cinematics that tells storylines.
  • Choosable difficulty.
  • Rescuable units and such...
Cons
  • Cinematics are not skippable.
  • The boss fights are kinda boring, it's just another hack and slash thingy. Maybe add a little bit more twist?
  • Abilities does not have any hotkeys said on the tooltips.
  • Abilities button positioning is kinda weird...
  • Some things are a bit weird... (Replay attached)
  • Terrain is dull at the moment, mind adding more "environments" in it? Preferably in the intro cinematic.
  • The quiz master is quite strange... The cinematics didn't tell me who's the one conquering the castle? (I had to look at the triggers just to answer them :ogre_hurrhurr:)
  • Gameplay becomes boring every minute. I highly suggest to you to add more swag polishing into your map.

Well uhh... That's all for now. 3/5 and voting for approval.

Attachments

• TheLastStand.w3g
    94.8 KB · Views: 112
~Daffa the Mage~ Review

Here's my review :

Good Point
-Usage of Custom Statistic for Unit and Spell and Stuff
-Some Interesting Twist such as the quiz
-Good Bosses [also there are some bad points related here]
-Traps ^^
Bad Point
-Final Boss tend to play his channel anim instead of attacking :p I own him in about 1 minute :ogre_hurrhurr:
-Bosses are a bit more Hack n Slash style, add some twist bro :D
-Cinematic Text sometime play twice [the text]
-Cinematic Camera : Some of them are incorrectly placed

for now I rate
NEVER UNTIL ENTRY JUDGING FINISHED
and give you [+2] Reps for your work

Last edited:
Level 30
Updated to 1.1 with the following few changes:

• Improved description for the Artifacts showing the ability they give. This is to give knowledge to the player because a question by the Quiz Master will ask something related to the Artifacts.

Level 14
Updated to 1.1 with the following few changes:

• Improved description for the Artifacts showing the ability they give. This is to give knowledge to the player because a question by the Quiz Master will ask something related to the Artifacts.

Why Lich King lol

Level 9
It has a lot of cons and shit. Might I suggest something = Delay traps, Check points should only have 2 heals, because that's pretty much O-P. Terrain seems bland, and shit. So you get 3/5 from me (I am too alzy

Level 11
K. So here's the deal.

BreathingAcid's Map Review
Details

Map NameThe Last Stand
AuthorHell_Master
GenreSingle Player/RPG
Review Date06/05/2013

Rating System

Originality1 - 10
Replayability1 - 10
Triggering1 - 10
Terrain1 - 10
Spells1 - 10
Description1 - 10
Miscellaenous1 - 10
Rules0 or 30
Total100 points

Your Score

Originality5
Replayability4
Triggering7
Terrain5
Spells4
Description6
Miscellaenous8
Rules30
Total69 points

My Comments

OriginalityNothing new really. A plain and simple single player RPG. Pretty good way to pass time. Nothing unique in my point of view.
ReplayabilityI gave it a 4, what do you expect? You just run around killing undead and rescue distressed footmen and priests. Plus tomes are always in the same places.
TriggeringPretty neat triggering. Basic and simple. Good job. Oh, there are leaks too. You should look into them.
TerrainToo simple. Flat on most surfaces. Use more tile variation and remember to put doodads that really fit the castle.
SpellsBasic spells. Only the shockwave with the knockback is triggered. You should really think about the synergy between skills though.
DescriptionGood job wrapping everything in BB Codes. Better improve it so more people are interested.
MiscellaenousI really liked the achievement log thingy. You should do more
RulesFollowed the rules. Automatic 30.
OthersOverall, you should improve your grammar and the length for dialogs. Improve the terrain and add more items. Use synergy on hero skills and improve the units' abilities

Last edited:
Level 14
K. So here's the deal.

Details

Map NameThe Last Stand
AuthorHell_Master
GenreSingle Player/RPG
Review Date06/05/2013

Rating System

Originality1 - 10
Replayability1 - 10
Triggering1 - 10
Terrain1 - 10
Spells1 - 10
Description1 - 10
Miscellaenous1 - 10
Rules0 or 30
Total100 points

Your Score

Originality5
Replayability4
Triggering7
Terrain5
Spells4
Description6
Miscellaenous8
Rules30
Total69 points

My Comments

OriginalityNothing new really. A plain and simple single player RPG. Pretty good way to pass time. Nothing unique in my point of view.
ReplayabilityI gave it a 4, what do you expect? You just run around killing undead and rescue distressed footmen and priests. Plus tomes are always in the same places.
TriggeringPretty neat triggering. Basic and simple. Good job. Oh, there are leaks too. You should look into them.
TerrainToo simple. Flat on most surfaces. Use more tile variation and remember to put doodads that really fit the castle.
SpellsBasic spells. Only the shockwave with the knockback is triggered. You should really think about the synergy between skills though.
DescriptionGood job wrapping everything in BB Codes. Better improve it so more people are interested.
OthersOverall, you should improve your grammar and the length for dialogs. Improve the terrain and add more items. Use synergy on hero skills and improve the units' abilities

ofcourse it had to be 69

Level 30
K. So here's the deal.

Details

Map NameThe Last Stand
AuthorHell_Master
GenreSingle Player/RPG
Review Date06/05/2013

Rating System

Originality1 - 10
Replayability1 - 10
Triggering1 - 10
Terrain1 - 10
Spells1 - 10
Description1 - 10
Miscellaenous1 - 10
Rules0 or 30
Total100 points

Your Score

Originality5
Replayability4
Triggering7
Terrain5
Spells4
Description6
Miscellaenous8
Rules30
Total69 points

My Comments

Becuase of not enough time, I did not make that much unique skills but now this is not in the control of the Farming Contest, maybe I can get help in my friends make unique spells.

For the terrain, yes it is quite messy at some point and also more messy at the end because of it I rushed tooo much. But now I have enough time. I will do what I can to improve it thanks! =D

so it comes to the result of us map mods that we are going to reject this map, I'm sorry Hell_Master this is what -Kobas- said:

anyhow, approved see details on top :)

I see what you did there :D Meheheehe.... thaks for approve. I might ask for another review if this gets alot of better. Also about youur comment in Management part of your review for the Quiz you should type their Hero Second Name and not their Name like Logan or Chronos. It should be Vampire Lord or Frost Mage and be sure it is properly capitalized.

Last edited:
Level 7
Review

Pros:
Nice Models
Traps(easy to avoid but still you need to be careful)
Achievements
Save points where you can refill hp and mp
Rescuable forces to help you
Scripted bosses
Two Steps From Hell
Cons:
Storyline not that great
Achievements not completed(the book lover 2 i had collected more than 15 books but still nothing happened)
Way too easy(could solo all bosses)
Non scripted abilities except shockwave
Terrain not that great
Shops bugged after I teleport back,couldnt buy anything.
Upgrades need lumber

So a 3/5 from me a good map but has room for a lot of improvement

EDIT:After searching the triggers i saw that the books you need to collect for Book Lover 2 is 25

Level 30
Good news guys, BreathingAcid is helping me here and right now he is doing most of the work, he redid the terrain and everything. To add, this will become a multiplayer game. Heroes are Lord Vargas and two side heroes: Mage and Archer. Bosses were also redid basing them on the heroes counterpart.

Expect a big changes on 1.2.

Mostly Breathing Acid is doing most of the work while me giving ideas.

Thats all! =)

Level 7
Good news guys, BreathingAcid is helping me here and right now he is doing most of the work, he redid the terrain and everything. To add, this will become a multiplayer game. Heroes are Lord Vargas and two side heroes: Mage and Archer. Bosses were also redid basing them on the heroes counterpart.

Expect a big changes on 1.2.

Mostly Breathing Acid is doing most of the work while me giving ideas.

Thats all! =)

If you are going to make it mp make it somehow you can play singleplayer too imo

Level 7
The terrain is way better.Also do I see a new trap?Neat.The only problem with the terrain is in th castle picture where you can see the end of the world which doesnt look that good.