• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Kingdom's Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
MAP UPDATED, BUGS FIXED, OTHER CHANGES MADE.

This map is a DEMO. I haven't made any story as of yet and have only been focusing on the mechanics of the game. This can be quite addictive and will take approx 9 hours before reaching the limits the demo provides. (27 hours if all 3 Heroes are played)

This game will be like an MMORPG, however it's only single player. (2-player map may be made if there is enough interest)

I want to release this to get other people testing it out and see what they think.
I would like to get feedback, ideas/suggestion, and any issues anyone might have.

Full version of the game will provide 5 times the material seen in the demo release!!!

I have tried my best to balance out all 3 Heroes.
Enjoy customizing your Hero the way you want with dozens of possibilities!!!

Credits:
Tales of the Abyss - Game Over Music
Frankster - Warrior Hero model
Kitebatake (not sure about spelling) - Anti-Cheat System

Attachments

• The Kingdom Legacy DEMO.w3x
    4.3 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Level 14
Hello, I've checked the map, the visual looks kinda empty at the moment.

1. The terrain still can be improved alot, try to use some imported materials, or even using raise tools instead of blizzard cliff to make it more catchier. Don't use "noise" tool when you trying to raise the terrain, it'll made the terrain looks messy, use normal "raise" instead. Decorate it with flowers, grass and so on.
2. Map Preview cover aren't showing
3. Add potions/consumable items seller.
4. Make the wisp inventory auto follow you.
5. This is an RPG right? Use damage detection so the damage dealt showing.

Also, it'll be better if you put screenshot as well on the thread, people often wouldn't check a map it there isn't any screenshots or videos. Good luck!

Level 5
Thank you for testing andreariona! :)

The terrain in the demo will be completely different in the final release.

I have hidden the map on loading intentionally.

There isn't any inventory space for potions as the equipment uses all 6 spaces, unless you have an idea on how to add them to the game without this problem?

If I make the wisp auto follow, is it possible to turn the auto follow off so the player can send the wisp to town for upgrading equipment and then turning auto follow back on?

Thats a great idea! I'm not sure how to add damage text but I will definitely try to add it!

Screenshots can be done, but as the terrain in the demo will be different to the final release, the screenshots will only be valid for the demo release. Also I don't know how to add the screenshots here in the WIP section...

Level 8
Checked it and it looks great.

Implement the loading screen and improve terrain a bit.

Also, I you could tell me how you made anti-cheat system because I wanted to disable fog of war to see the map manually and it popped up. :)

Level 14
Never say there is 300 triggers 300 usually means you do not know how to fuse triggers in 80% of the cases and that there is many triggers which are blindly implemented systems.
say instead what is the minimal amount of triggers for doing what you are doing and then try to lower your trigger count without removing functionalities by fusing many triggers with the same events or actions.
and having 600 items means nothing you could have made an lua script who made the clays of attack from 1 to 50 and then made 12 additional enchantments that your lua script added to new versions of those base claws and so the diversity would be low while having many objects. so please indicate the real diversity by indicating the number of really different enchantments which would be more than 80 if you are an good mapper.

Level 5
Checked it and it looks great.

Implement the loading screen and improve terrain a bit.

Also, I you could tell me how you made anti-cheat system because I wanted to disable fog of war to see the map manually and it popped up. :)

the loading screen is being made by a friend, the terrain is only temporary to make the game playable.

I didn't make the anti-cheat system, i copied it.

Level 5
Never say there is 300 triggers 300 usually means you do not know how to fuse triggers in 80% of the cases and that there is many triggers which are blindly implemented systems.
say instead what is the minimal amount of triggers for doing what you are doing and then try to lower your trigger count without removing functionalities by fusing many triggers with the same events or actions.
and having 600 items means nothing you could have made an lua script who made the clays of attack from 1 to 50 and then made 12 additional enchantments that your lua script added to new versions of those base claws and so the diversity would be low while having many objects. so please indicate the real diversity by indicating the number of really different enchantments which would be more than 80 if you are an good mapper.

there may be a possibility to reduce the trigger count, i have combined as much as i could. you could see them for yourself by opening them up :)

as for the items, there is currently 677 custom made items, about 20 of those currently not used in the demo. again you can see them for yourself by opening the map.

I don't understand what you mean by lua or clays of attack

Level 14
You know with some lua scripts for automatically generating object data for example you can generate 50 object each one with 1 more damage than the previous then creating 132412 copy of those items and apply 12 effects with a value from 1 to 132412 and so you would have Many items but there would be no real variety as the real number of different effects would be 13.
What I say is the number of items is not at all an prove of variety nor work as with my example I would create 132412 different items who are in fact all unoriginal with only 60 lines of lua and that library made for creating OD for WC3 so never say there is 1297534 items as it prove nothing and means nothing this number could be 50 it would change nothing to the amount of content you should instead show the interesting items with original effects even if there is only 20 this is better than telling there is 13255 items (by the way the number of words in this post is not correlated with containing information) also I looked at your items (after having written what is written previously in this post) and I have seen that 60 lines of lua script could have made more variated items and that they really looks like if you used one very simple lua script and made nearly no work of idea designing there is no funny effects nor inventive rarely seen things nearly all your items are just the previous one with +1 damage or armor and one of the twelve boolean effects in fact it surprised me when I saw this map as it exactly corresponds to the lua generated items I thrown as an imaginable example of minimal variety.
Also I just took a look at your triggers and a great part of them have the event unit pick up an item which is unoptimized compared to having only one trigger with this event with if then else in function of the item same comment for triggers with a dialog button is clicked event

Last edited:
Level 5
You know with some lua scripts for automatically generating object data for example you can generate 50 object each one with 1 more damage than the previous then creating 132412 copy of those items and apply 12 effects with a value from 1 to 132412 and so you would have Many items but there would be no real variety as the real number of different effects would be 13.

Again, i don't know what lua is or stands for. also, i made every item myself and didn't use any automatic program. I spent 4 full days making majority of them.

Level 5
Also I just took a look at your triggers and a great part of them have the event unit pick up an item which is unoptimized compared to having only one trigger with this event with if then else in function of the item same comment for triggers with a dialog button is clicked event

If you could show/tell me how to combine these triggers, it may save me hours or editing :)

These triggers are to increase the equipment Level and add the options the player chooses to add (dialog buttons) making the player's character completely customizable and unique!

Level 14
Simply in each of your triggers where you put only the event unit pick up an item you cut the if then else and you paste it in an precise trigger you called pick item or anything you want with the event unit pick up an item and you have only one trigger (pick item) who will when the hero will pick up an item check all item combinations which is faster than having 120 triggers who will do each some of the checks and at the total do as much and lag more because an trigger who is triggered by its events consume more that only the tests and actions inside so you will have an less unoptimized map if you do what I ask.
The lua scripts are scripts made in in lua (an programming language) and with an precise library or something of this kind you can easily automatically create object data for warcraft 3 and so the items in your map could have been made with some for loops in a lua script because they are all nearly the same and if you learned lua scripts you would have taken some hour to learn lua and then economized easily three days for making all those items and after with some more maps you would have economized weeks of boring clicking and you would have an useful knowledge.
Ps: do not double post in less than 48 hours instead use the edit button. And you can correct now this double post with the delete button.

Also the game play is just wrong player want to have real thing to do and not just boring grinding by running and attacking with the same boring attack. Put at level one some active abilities so the beginning become less boring and make some mechanism so the player have to engage multiple monster like making so if you kill 5 monsters in 5 seconds you receive bonus exp and gold and if you kill 10 in three seconds you gain even more and make some boss monster who give you when they die an stackable buff who make you gain more XP and gold from monsters for 5 minutes so you will want to kill fast bosses and to make group kills for having many money and XP already with those two changes grinding would be funnier.
and no do not say that you current game-play become better at higher level because it is still the same thing except every 20 seconds you cast an ability.
Also put unlimited pursuing range in game constants because those monsters are just trivial to kill when you put yourself behind an barricade or when you hit and run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.