• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Invasion of Kalimdor Enhanced

Sequel of my Undead Enhanced Campaign, if there's some bugs/malfunctions/bad ideas just tell me :)

Use Warcraft 1.27.1 (1.27b) or higher to avoid maps that don't load.

This Campaign is basically the Orc Campaign, but with lots of new things, if you want to replay The Invasion Of Kalimdor but you want also something new, this is the mod for you!
- Heroes (and creatures) Level Cap raised to 20
- Lots of custom units(Humans, Creeps, Orcs, with both new models and old ones)
- Lots of new custom Items.
- Added a few Side quests in some levels.
- Lots of custom upgrades and custom abilities!

- Merge Items system: many Items are only pieces of more powerfull Items, explore the maps and find all the pieces!
- Little surprise in Chapter 6.
Thanks to teozamait for the idea and thanks to TERRY MCDONALD for the map base.

Credits:
Thanks to kola, Mythic, Direfury, Stefan.K, loktar, Murlocologist, Wildfire, Maxwell, Hermit, Hayate, Novart,
Darkfang,Bribe(damage engine), eubz, ~Nightmare, The_Spellweaver, Chaos, PrinceYaser, OgeRfaCes,
MadMax, ChevronSeven, Mr.Goblin, paulH, Ujimasa Hojo, Nilas Aran, Mister_Haudrauf, CRAZYRUSSIAN, Marcos DAB,
the panda, Elfsilver Lord, ChevronSeven, KelThuzad, Sun gate, Stanakin, Golden-Drake, BLazeKraze, marcus158, Pyritie, JollyD,
Chucky, Palaslayer, viiva, Cuore, wingednosering, Rubellu Sidus, Chaosy, zbc, HappyTauren, Chen, Wildfire, Zaljinzoo,
Nudl9 , Mc !, Deolrin, Mr.Goblin, General Frank, BLazeKraze, UgoUgo, JollyD, -Berz-, bigapple90, WILL THE ALMIGHTY,
Traggey, -Stygian-, 4eNNightmare, dhguardianes, The Leader, Kanadaj, L_Lawliet, Arch-archdemon, The_Spellweaver, Dalharukn
DeathKnight, lebedevvladi4ka, induwer, Eagle XI, LifeguardLeroy, Ceterai, Tamplier777, Evolving, -Grendel, Kuhneghetz, Deolrin,
Big Dub, Gwen Stefani, JetFangInferno, Freezer, BlackRockClan, Rmx, The D3ath, bu3ny, 67chrome, CloudWolf, Ginufe, valkemiere, Alexen,
Sin'dorei300 for Models/icons.

ChangeLog
1.0.1 - Fixed Grom Voice and improved Triggers of mixing items.
1.0.2 - Fixed Human control on final mission, added a goblin merchant and fixed an issue in chapter 5
1.0.3 - fixed Blue AI in chapter 6 and added defensive forces for elfs in chapter 5.
1.0.4 - Fixed troll mage, now it won't crash.
1.0.5 - Fixed Bug in final mission.

Previews
Contents

Act IV: The Invasion of Kalimdor (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Nerve Strike should look passive. You can make the icon look like that with: Button Manager v1.8.2 Same with: Intimidating Aura, Speed Aura, Spirit Return, Calm. The Totem is nothing really than just a ward with Command Aura. Could have been more fun...
Level 13
Just finished the campaign.
It's been challenging at first but once you level up the heroes and find the special items, it's pretty much down the hill from there.
I loved the new models you used for the different races , the maps are pretty much the same with minor differences in some. Other than that it's simple.
Haven't encountered any bugs.
*Played it on v1.29, hard difficulty*
make sure you played on hard, each time you pass a chapter the difficulty can be reset to normal (you must set on hard the Normal campaign difficult to avoid re-selecting the difficult each time)

Level 13
It's not bugged per se it's just that the model is used for a unit and not a hero and the model was intended to be used by a hero unit because it has glow and dissipate animation instead of no glow and a death animation as normal units have.
ya i know but the corpse should dissipate in holy energy healing all near units by 100 (the corpse should disappear with a special effect)

Level 2
Is this oen a brand new campaign or some old thing got polished? Cos if that's the 1st case I won't get it, why people continue to do things for nonactual game version... and if that's some updates for old one, well understandable.

Level 2
This is the orc campaign but with new units new items etc... its all written in the description
Yeah, i figured that out. Played Hum and UD campaigns back at a time. The point was why does this one still for WC3 not Reforged if this one is new, cos in other case, if it's an update for older project in this case it is understandable and I have no questions.

Level 6
Great review from deepstrasz as always.

The issue with the custom items is that they make the usual ones meaningless and to be left on the ground. Maybe make it able to put them on Cairne? The new items are also many and cannot all be carried around.

Exactly agree with this

Also @LegaRoSS reforged does not have a custom campaign option like older versions and you would have to load every single map. And for that, custom models and custom object data would have to be imported to every single one of them which, I think, is an inconvenience which is why most people prefer to use pre-reforged versions until/if custom campaigns are ever re-added to reforged.

Last edited:
Level 2
Great review from deepstrasz as always.

Exactly agree with this

Also @LegaRoSS reforged does not have a custom campaign option like older versions and you would have to load every single map. And for that, custom models and custom object data would have to be imported to every single one of them which, I think, is an inconvenience which is why most people prefer to use pre-reforged versions until/if custom campaigns are ever re-added to reforged.
yeah i noticed that. bois make several maps with progress transition tho. SO it's not a that huge of a deal.

Level 1
literally created an account just to say that
it gives joy in my heart too see people are still creating warcraft 3 contents even how old it is,
<3<3

Level 7
Chapter one:too much good items and good secrets and enough units
Chapter four:love cutting night elves new units and goblins already sell me all they're stuff but when i did the quest they no longer did
Chapter five:superior orcs are red (not red skinned)only red..there is a unit called general this unit is already red skinned (before i get to pool)but when i get to pool it changes it's model..as soon as cinematic ended game crashes(drinking demon's blood cinematic)i tray'ed it again this time i skipped it and it worked..there are not enough resources to finish this mission i got the same problem with original as well sense its harder then original i need more resources.
General(not from a chapter but from the entire campaign)::::change altar of ancients skin it's just an icy altar and that's weird sense we are it middle of desert..i love colors of your descriptions..i like item sets..ADD hotkeys...centaur champion is too strong..Thrall's second ability makes a bad effect i mean huge red lights on top of units is annoying..veteran unit is too cheap (180 gold) and too few lumber...very much i liked your new upgrades without them i got no chance of survival..give spell caster units more Auto use spell's..peon engineer can walk through units while under resources(you must let it finish collecting wood then you see it walks through units)
OVERALL 8/10 +REP:infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up::piru:

Level 1
Hello there, greath trilogy of maps so far, here my review for playing all 3 of then

For the first of the humans, it really felt fresh and rewarding to just crush the enemy AI with all the extra power one has, I hope you get the best version of it soon :)

For the campaign of the undead ... it felt the other way around, the AI is very aggressive with all its attacks especially having almost the entire campaign to its units turned into sheep and all boosted,
The new tree of improvements for them is interesting, but with so much siege followed not much experience. And mission 7 its just unfair with the orcs and atack outnumber in an instant and all having some unit with siege damage,
But it also happens for the next mission, many magicians bothering and having no attack unit more than the heroes, but the final mission felt a relief to have an additional hero helping, although the superior demon dogs do not do much with as much magic damage for medium.

The orc campain, It seems that something changed, gained not so much mission to sustain a base, but the addition of the new improvements for units and Heroes is incredible, although there should be a clue on how to kill the "immortal" murglocs and on weakening groom in final mission, for a long time I thought it had been a bug for having a full inventory and not having the key item

And I look forward to the last campaign of the original missions once you finish the remix of the first one, without a doubt the idea of having the three races under the control of one against the undead would be very gratifying.

Last edited:
Level 3
I see your campaign still have something error.

First, when i play final chapter, if non-hero spellcaster units affected by "relax aura" of gan, they's mana bar will be empty and must wail for a while to refill, and if it unaffected then affected again, their mana bar will be empty again.

Second, Nag personality have food cost at 5, while Gan personality have food cost 0.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hello, are you making all campaigns enhanced? I mean frozen throne too? Also founding of durotar? Some items will be great! also try to make them for 2 players will be a killiing blow.

Level 2
um on mission "demons be driven" at start of mission it never drops the item "soul gem" nor puts it in Thrall's or Carin's item slots. though it did seem like it put in the new hero's inventory but when it did that hero unit was unable to move or do anything.
using patch 1.30.1

Level 13
Hello there, greath trilogy of maps so far, here my review for playing all 3 of then

For the first of the humans, it really felt fresh and rewarding to just crush the enemy AI with all the extra power one has, I hope you get the best version of it soon :)

For the campaign of the undead ... it felt the other way around, the AI is very aggressive with all its attacks especially having almost the entire campaign to its units turned into sheep and all boosted,
The new tree of improvements for them is interesting, but with so much siege followed not much experience. And mission 7 its just unfair with the orcs and atack outnumber in an instant and all having some unit with siege damage,
But it also happens for the next mission, many magicians bothering and having no attack unit more than the heroes, but the final mission felt a relief to have an additional hero helping, although the superior demon dogs do not do much with as much magic damage for medium.

The orc campain, It seems that something changed, gained not so much mission to sustain a base, but the addition of the new improvements for units and Heroes is incredible, although there should be a clue on how to kill the "immortal" murglocs and on weakening groom in final mission, for a long time I thought it had been a bug for having a full inventory and not having the key item

And I look forward to the last campaign of the original missions once you finish the remix of the first one, without a doubt the idea of having the three races under the control of one against the undead would be very gratifying.
Thx for the review :D
I love this campaign is very good, I only have one question, will you do the other campaigns?
i have to finish the human one, i don't want to promise anything but its higly probable that i will do the night elf too (it will take more time since now i have also a job :D)
I see your campaign still have something error.

First, when i play final chapter, if non-hero spellcaster units affected by "relax aura" of gan, they's mana bar will be empty and must wail for a while to refill, and if it unaffected then affected again, their mana bar will be empty again.

Second, Nag personality have food cost at 5, while Gan personality have food cost 0.
will check it
Hello, are you making all campaigns enhanced? I mean frozen throne too? Also founding of durotar? Some items will be great! also try to make them for 2 players will be a killiing blow.
Frozen throne probably not, because i thought to make a completly new campaign after the night elves'one.(i've got an idea rumbling in my mind, dunno if i will ever do it but MAYBE).
um on mission "demons be driven" at start of mission it never drops the item "soul gem" nor puts it in Thrall's or Carin's item slots. though it did seem like it put in the new hero's inventory but when it did that hero unit was unable to move or do anything.
using patch 1.30.1
This soul gem should be a meme... just go and attack grom, the soul gem will trap him autmatically (i've already said that multiple times!crying sounds)

Level 3
This is my review, although there is not much to say.

1. History: Nothing new, the same.

2. Maps: Nothing new, the same.

3. Gameplay: Nothing new, the same.

4. Personalization: It is the only thing that I see different, models, nothing more.

I guess another one of many forum campaigns that are just for nostalgia.

Level 13
This is my review, although there is not much to say.

1. History: Nothing new, the same.

2. Maps: Nothing new, the same.

3. Gameplay: Nothing new, the same.

4. Personalization: It is the only thing that I see different, models, nothing more.

I guess another one of many forum campaigns that are just for nostalgia.
"Invasion of kalimdor enhanced", that means SAME story, similar or same maps, but new gameplay aspects like new units new spells new items, the possibility of combining items, if you say that there are just new models you can't say u have played this campaign

Level 1
simply one of the best maps I have played, I love the idea, I played the previous two and they are very good, keep it up, I will be aware of the version of the elves and with that I will be pleased.

Level 13
Don't take it personal. jaina seems to be a very harsh critic of maps in general.
its ok to be a little harsh, but saying that's an enhanced campaign, he cannot expect a new story c'mon xD
simply one of the best maps I have played, I love the idea, I played the previous two and they are very good, keep it up, I will be aware of the version of the elves and with that I will be pleased.
thanks bro!

Level 1
hey is nature orb. tenebris orb and sand orb all you need to combine? or am i missing something. Because i have those 3 and i can't combine them based on the requirements.

Level 13
hey just want to ask why i didnt gety the soul gem to trap the fel Grom Hellscream in final level 8
thereisnosoulgem
hey is nature orb. tenebris orb and sand orb all you need to combine? or am i missing something. Because i have those 3 and i can't combine them based on the requirements.
yup, sure? that's strange, try to drop and re-pick them

Level 1
thereisnosoulgem

yup, sure? that's strange, try to drop and re-pick them
So what happened is that i have the 3 components in chapter 6; 2 are with cairne; and 1 is with thrall. I forgot to combine them because i didn't pay attention well enough. So in chapter 7, is when i tried to combine them but it didn't do anything. I think it is just a minor bug, because I can combine them in chapter 6 but not in chapter 7.

Anyway, finished all the chapters, collected all the items, well made overall. Not on par with the human campaign but well done nonetheless.

Level 13
So what happened is that i have the 3 components in chapter 6; 2 are with cairne; and 1 is with thrall. I forgot to combine them because i didn't pay attention well enough. So in chapter 7, is when i tried to combine them but it didn't do anything. I think it is just a minor bug, because I can combine them in chapter 6 but not in chapter 7.

Anyway, finished all the chapters, collected all the items, well made overall. Not on par with the human campaign but well done nonetheless.
mmh... maybe i removed the trigger in the next chapter, will check it, thx for the review :D
id like to know as well
i've started to work on the night elves campaign, but i don't know when i will finish it

Level 9
There is a problem with the final mission.

every few seconds it lags for a second. Regardless if I choose to control Jaina or not.

Like there is too many units on the screen. But that isn't the case.

Level 3
Hey hey, its me again. After I reviewed your first two campaign here is my review for the third. Its alot shorter though.

1) The ork faction with your additions just doesn't work out. You miss out something very important, if you give us 50 upgrades for the base units (grunt, trolls and so on but especially grunt) my grunt (a weak low food unit) becomes more powerful than the strong (high food cost units) while having the same cheap price of the original weak grunt.

Meaning you render all other meele units obsolete because you give us a far superior and cheaper unit. This was also the case in your human and undead campaign but not as much.

2) If you give us lots of spellcasters, make them AUTOCAST. In general make spellcasters autocast so people are gonna use them but like this its alot of micro for nothing. I ignored literally all of them except for the vanilla units because why should I bother? with the upgrades the basic grunt destroys everything with some others so I dont even need the spellcasters and on top of that I'd have to micro each individually on top of the heroes?! Nope.

3) Quite a bunch of typos and the lack of polish, in the final mission for example Jaina has a book called "tooltip missing" in her abilities.

4) The final mission was extremely boring and easy. This whole campaign has in general been easy, mainly because of what I wrote above but it really had the most flaws and was very unclimatic. If you make campaigns I'd recommend you test them before and make sure to pay attention to the final mission as well because in the undead mission it also has been really boring. Your human final was fine but because you dont test what you implement balance suffers so much that you can exploit stuff or like in this campaign just spamm grunts.

I took control of the human faction and there was no downside, the humans barely get attacked at all so I made some towers and could just use everyone to help me out. In general in the final mission the attacks stay the same and never scale or get harder. Grom is also super weak and died within 10 seconds or less.

I hope you will rework this and especially the final mission, I once again liked your ideas, items and humor in them and enjoyed the spells and abilities you gave the heroes - finally they felt powerful but the balance of the units were pretty bad (heavily in favor of the player too) so it wasn't challenging at all.

Level 5
The Invasion of Kalimdor Enhanced, what a spark of joy!

Honestly, most of the things I have said in my review of The Scourge of Lordaeron Enhanced can apply here, and frankly, I couldn't say it better than I did there!

The itemisation is just as perfect as it was back there, and the vastly expanded tech tree was a blast to play with yet again.
The power of the heroes here is quite the trip, as unlike the human heroes, the Orc heroes you get during the campaign are a lot more offense oriented, and they can wreck house. Really makes you feel powerful.

Once again, a very nice playthrough!