• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hive Workshop Chess Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Ash

Level 22

The Hive Workshop Chess Club

After playing a couple of games of chess with people in the Discord I found myself thinking... "Why aren't we playing Chess more often? Chess makes everything better". So I made this thread for anyone that's interested with the aim of motivating us to learn, develop, and get better at the game together.

With that said, here is a quick overview of some good resources you can use and some platforms you can play on.

Learning

There are a lot of resources that can be used to learn more about the game. Here are a few that have been useful to me.

Chessable

Chessable is a great resource for picking up on new things. There are a lot of free courses and some paid-for courses too. I do most of my learning on there, and would definitely recommend it to any beginners.

Streamers

Chess streamers have increased in popularity since Queen's Gambit became a thing. I regularly watch Anna Rudolf, Gotham Chess, and Hikaru Nakamura.

Books

Not one to be discounted!

Platforms

There are a number of ways to play online chess. Two of the biggest are shown below.

Lichess

My preferred site. Cleaner, faster, and the community is great. The Hive Workshop has a group on Lichess.

Chess.com

A lot of people land here because of the name. It's not bad, but I don't enjoy it as much as Lichess. Many features are hidden behind paywalls. The Hive Workshop has a group on Chess.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.