• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The History of the Dwarves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Like usually Eol was wandering around with his fishing net. It was night, and the Dark Elf enjoyed the soft, white moon. He heard the owl and continue'd his journey to the river. When he arrived, he looked around and started fishing. The water streamed slowly, and the fishes could be seen in the bright water. After a few hours of fishing Eol catched much fish, and he smiled. ''That's going to be a good meal'', he said to his-self. Then he stood up and looked to the high tree's. Suddenly he did spot a light. He got blinded and almost fell in the water. The light started to fade away, and he spotted a huge stone in the tree. He climbed up, got the stone and jumped back to the ground. He waved the dust away and tried to read the inscription. It was elvish. ''What th'hell is this..? A message?'' He succeeded in reading it..
''The Short Ones have arrived, made of Stone, cursed by Flesh. Breakers of Soul and Body, shapers of underground mines and city's, destroyers of woods and enemies. These are the Kazarkul, made by Kazarkal. Hard as rock, soft as clay. . . Slayers of the Light, exterminators of the Evil. Many paths shall this people go, and this is the begin. The begin of the path that shall effect the Earth. . . . . . .
Made of Stone, cursed by Flesh, these are the.. Dwarves.''

To be continued

Level 19
Weeks later, Eol got nightmares, visions and headache. He thought about the Prophecy, wondering what it tried to tell. He wandered around, seeking the answer. The animals watched him as he kept searching, but he didn't know were he was searching for. Eol was on the verge of madness, until he one day under the shadow of the high tree's a laugh heard. He walked closer, spotting a tower carved out of rocks. Four ballista's stood ready, and the tower was fine craftmanship. He slowly walked near the place, breathing heavily. Then he saw huts. Huts of the finest wood, and few campfires. He came closer, and saw them.

To be continued

Last edited:
Level 19
Eol finally felt good when he saw them, beardy and short humans, or so it seemed. One of them yelled something and warned the others. Another one stepped forward and spoke something in unknown language. ''That's probably the leader.'' thought Eol. He tried to speak some Elfish to them, but they didn't reply. The leader grabbed his axe and swinged in the sand, writing something. Eol saw it was a mix between Human and Elfish, and he tried to talk like them. ''I.. am.. Eol.'' he said, and the Dwarves nodded. One of them said: ''We're the Kazarkal.'' Finally, thought Eol. He found them. ''I am a Dark Elf, son of Varan.'' The Dwarves nodded again and returned to their campfires. Eol followed them and joined.

To be continued

Last edited:
Level 11
Heh, it's very nice and I find your interest in dwarves charming, even if I'm not a fan of them, they've always instilled some kind of respect in me. You have some grammatical errors, but nothing that you can't fix, if you try to reread it and revise and improve it. So, all in all, I'll wait to see how'll the story continue onwards and if you make it really nice and interesting, I'll give you reputation gladly ^_^.

Level 19
Thank you, Nbah, :), and also thanks for your suggestions.

Eol listened.. listened to the stories of the strangers. Charming they were, but they ended with blood and battle.. They told Eol that they would retake the Earth as their own. ''So you aren't new here?'' asked Eol. The dwarves shaked their heads. ''Once, before your kind was here, we crafted enormous cities.. blown away by the winds and sand, we have been forgotten. We had been put asleep by our creater, Kazarkal. Now we've awakened, and intend to reclaim what's ours.'' Eol thought of the Prophecy.. if they would do this, the prophecy would surely come out. And he saw yet another vision, of death, slavery and the beautiful fields of flowers filled by the unholy blood. He shivered. ''So what are you going to do now?'' On that answer the Dwarven Leader said: ''We're going to seek the City of Tor, where our sleeping brethren wait. We shall fill the halls carved out of stone.'' Eol nodded.
He had sympathy for these Dwarves, since they had the same feeling as he had after reading the prophecy, lost. Then he returned to his home. He layed in his bed, thinking wether he should join them in their search or not.. he looked out of the window, and saw only tree's and animals. I have nothing to lose, he thought. The decision was made. The next morning he headed to the camp. When he arrived, it was silent, too silent. Nobody was there, and he couldn't see any of their axes lay on the ground. He entered one of the houses, and it was abandoned. He realised they left already. He sighed, and he looked around until he saw tracks of short foots. They headed to the North. Full with hope again, Eol followed..

To be continued

Level 11
Wow, dude, it's getting better and more interesting by each of your continuations, awesome ^_^. And the story is unfolding and it gets more and more interesting by the minute. Nice, dude, keep 'em coming. Too bad almost nobody reads this section anymore and there are few who look at what people write nowadays.

Level 19
Narn looked at the map and pointed the road they had to go. ''This is the way, brothers. We'll only need a guide, by th'gods, I wish the Elf was here. He could be a great guide, and he could lead us through the Elven Lands.'' The other Dwarven Leaders mumbled something and focused on the map. ''Oi, we'll ha'e a problem at the river of the Wak. We have no boats.'' spoke Earl, the fattest of them. ''Dun't worry, we'll buy some of the natives.'' replied another one. ''A'ight, gentlemen'', said Narn, ''We're going again, we'll have to reach the ruins of the Human City before the night begins.'' They all knew why he said that. Shadows stalking them, firing arrows. Every time they sended a patrol, they were found impaled. In the night these Shadows attacked. The Dwarven Compagny started to move..

''Ois'a ma!'' shouted Sarran to his men. They all did put on their horned helmets and carved swords. This would be the night where they would destroy the infidels, who called themselves 'Dwarves'. Sarran looked at his men, watching their terrifying weapons and armor. These were not normal men, but spirits in Human Bodies. Shadow spirits, serving under the Master.
Hardened and skilled, and they would show their use in the upcoming battle. ''Asaka!'' yelled one of them, and they hided in the mist, waiting for the Dwarves to come..

Narn walked as guider in the misty forest. He had lived here once, a long time ago. He knew it very good. But yet.. something troubled him. This wasn't a normal mist, and the animals were gone. He gave the order to halt, and looked around him... out of the mist stepped terrifying knights, with horned helmets and plate bodies covered with blood. Narn saw that they were surrounded. He grabbed his axe and yelled: ''For our Shaper!'' The dwarves yelled, but the ambushers didn't say nor do anything, they just stared. Then the horn came. Most of the Dwarves fell to the ground, trying to cover their ears from the screeching sound. Then the shadows attacked. The short ones were no match for their disciplined, strong and fast moves. They kept advancing, quickly killing every Dwarf. In no time only ten of them were left. Narn stared at the bodies, and he softly cried. The Shadows stood still, and one of them stepped slowly forward. He weared a mark on his helmet. He said chilly: ''You.. unworthy ones. Failure of the Creation, sadness of Kazarkal, you will die.'' Within Narn an undescribable rage came, and he jumped forward, swinging with his axe. He splited the Shadow in two. The others stared at him, roaring, growling or howling. They raged and they stormed forward, but when they were about to give the deathblow, they turned into ash. The mist faded away, the animals returned and the sun shined. The Dwarves watched this astonished, with only one question in mind: ''How they knew Kazarkal?''
To be continued..

Level 2
'Yo. I don't know what to say, Fuss. First of all, I don't like the idea about the dwarves but you already know that, heh. Secondly, I was LIEK WUT when you spout out that shadows stuff; So this is where that idea came from? And ohh, I like the way how you tell the tale. It's nice ^_^

Avail.

Level 19
Eol finally saw campfires. After weeks of travelling through the wilderniss, he finally found them. He encountered many dangerous beasts and enemies, but it was it worth. He joined the campfire, like he did the first time. The Dwarves nodded. He was given a mug of beer and he drank it. He listened to what the Dwarves said, but it was quiet. They all stared into the fire. Eol asked: ''Mhm.. what's wrong.'' Narn, the leader, looked up and said with a chilly voice: ''We got ambushed. We're the only ones left.'' Eol was shocked and he asked again, but this time with a shaking voice: ''W-why, and by who!?'' The Dwarves did not say anything, but wrote in the sand the name of their enemy. 'Shadows' it said. Eol frowned, but he replied: ''You could've expected this.'' Narn didn't say anything, nor did the others.

After that conversation, they packed their stuff and left. They entered the mountains, and Narn sighed of relief. But the journey was about to start.. they travelled weeks through the mountains, and some almost froze to death. The mountain attacked, sending storms and snow to block their path. They were fighting against Nature itself. ''Isn't there another way to cross this mountain!? We'll never make it!'' shouted Eol. The Dwarves stopped to walk in the snow and Earl said: ''The Tunnels...'' Narn shoke his head and walked on ''Wait, how are we supposed to survive this?! The Tunnels are far more save, and it's our chance to free the Sleeping Dwarves there.'' replied Earl. The others agreed with him. ''No!'' yelled Narn. But after much protests he had to admit to their wishes. They climbed down the mountain, and this time there wasn't any resistance of Nature. Then, they stood in the shadows of the mountain, entering the entrance of the Caves. ''Fools..'' said Narn. They did not know what was waiting them, but they would soon know. . .

Level 11
Nice, Fussiler, but keep them coming, Gaegamel and I are constantly waiting for the next part of your story ^_^ I must admit (again) that I find your interest with dwarves charming, I may not have been their biggest fan, but it's kinda nice when you see a person that likes a certain race in such a way. So!! Gogogo, we are waiting for the next part, things must get interesting ^_^ Too bad really that not many people visit this part of the forums more often ><.

Level 19
o_O, thanks, Gaegamel and Nbah. In the next episode they will taste the filfthyness of human emotions and intrigue.

Eol stared with his blinded eyes at the walls. His eyes hurted, and so did his whole body. Tortured to the end, he only saw darkness. The last hope for him was that the Dwarves would find him and rescue him from this forsaken place. But he would be always blind, having no use for anyone. He felt the rats slowly gnawing at his leg. He could do nothing against it, and he would die lonely here. He looked up high against another wall, and then he roared.

''Ye heard that!?'' shouted Earl. The Dwarves nodded, and Narn said with his voice: ''Where did that damn Golden Rats take Eol to!?'' They heard chuckling from the shadows, and they walked on, searching for the source of the roar.

''Hihihihih'' chuckled the Ovinnik. ''They doomed, they doomed, they doomed!'' he shouted. Then he got punched away. ''What a foolish minion.'' said one of the Rat-Men. ''Indeed, Wazrzra, but there is no reason to be irritated, since the ambush succeeded. Those foolish Dwarves should never have come here, since we have taken the cities made of stone, filled with gold. As soon as they walked in, we, the Skaarren defended what's ours. Jumping from the shadows, it was a victory. We took the Elf and drived the Dwarves into our traps.''
''Hm, yes.. we will destroy them.''

''Halt, mates'', said Earl,''There might be traps here.''
''Oh, what a nonsense!'' said one of his fellows, and he stepped forward. Suddenly four sharp spikes raised from the ground, and if he wasn't lucky, they would've impaled him. ''Mhm.. I know this traps, I lived here.''
''You?'' Narn looked to the Dwarf who had spoken. ''Yes, you only need to press the right button.'' The beardy Dwarf walked to the walls and searched for something. Then layed his hand on a stone, and immediatly all the traps were disabled. ''Right, now we can walk on.''

They reached the source of the sound. It was right behind a massive, wooden door. They opened it with a lock trick, and they reached Eol.
''My eyes...'' the Elf said. The Dwarves immediatly saw it. He was tortured, and made blind. They roared of anger. It was a mistake. Immediatly the Skaarren came. ''Damnit! Defend yerselfs, lads!'' shouted Earl. And the fight began. The stealthy, quick Skaarren against the heavy, strong Dwarves. They were each other's opposite, and the scales keeped being balanced. Suddenly the earth shaked and the Skaarren all fled away. ''Strange..'' mumbled Narn. They followed the Skaarren, and then suddenly saw the cause of that quake. A massive, enormous stone giant appeared. The Dwarves looked astonished, until the giant approached. They runned to the exit of the tunnels, which was not far away, knew the Dwarves. When they finally reached the exit, the giant was slamming the ground with his feets, trying to block the exit with falling stones. Before it was closed, they all reached the open air. Well, all.. except Earl, who was too slow through his weight. ''Poor Earl.. he'll get eaten.'' They all sighed, but walked on, while Eol was helped by Narn. The Human Cities were their next destiny, where the true test awaits..

Level 8
Nice part again. Couldn't really follow it, because still a bit of tired, but the part, i understood (while my brain was able to think clearly) was good.
Need to go to bed earlier to deliver you guys another part of my stories ;)
Hope you continue a bit. and now look at my signbature. you will see two quotes, which really motivated me all the time. ^^

Level 19
Ah, the human cities.. when Eol looked good he saw the high towers of the walls sticking out in the air, showing might and intimidating people. The other Dwarves also saw it, but they just looked ashamed that people could make such ugly towers. Eol laughed at their thoughts, and they continued. When they saw the humble stone gate and the people near it, they noticed the Humans stared at them and kneeled. Three knights came to them, each armed with a golden sword and silver armor. They turned to the people and yelled: ''THE GODS HAVE COME!'' The people cheered and yelled. They left the crowd, looking uneasy. The three knights followed them and said: ''Come with us, lords of the Earth.'' Eol looked at Narn, but he nodded.

''Ah! Our gods have arrived!'' An old fat man stood up from his throne and stretched his arms. ''I am King Aq'a'dor. Ruler of the great lands of Gohan! Leader of the Silver Knights! Now, let me come to business. You can stay here as long as you want. Lord Sazar will guide you.'' He looked at the Knight that stood left of him, and Eol recognised him as one of three who welcomed then. ''Now, friends! The feastmeal waits for us!'' Eol looked at the Dwarves, and their eyes seemed hungry for the food and they grinned. Typical, thought Eol.

He layed in his bed, thinking. Bloody Dwarves, they ate and drank all what there was on the table. Lord Sazar explained him why they were welcomed so much, because an old woman said that if the Short Ones arrived the King would live to rule these lands enternal. Eol chuckled, foolish Humans..
The next morning he stood up and wandered through the gardens of the royal palace. The cold winds embraced him and the flowers seemed to smile. But suddenly he saw something. He entered closer and saw a impaled head on a spear.
It was from Narn.

To be continued

Level 19
The Sinners

When the Dwarves saw the head, they yelled, shouted, screamed and roared. The lust for vengeance was upon them. The fire that burned within them was strong. ''It's the spear of the King! You can see the royal emblem. They.. they killed our leader! Life for Life, let's KILL HIM!'' roared a Dwarf. ''We can't do anything.. they would capture and execute us.''
''WE DON'T CARE!'' screamed another Dwarf. The voice scared Eol, it was full of.. Hate. Hate that never has been seen before. ''Don't go kill the King! It would only cause problems.'' It was too late, the Dwarves already ran into the city full of rage. The people first stared, not knowing what was going to happen. Until the Axes of the Mountain started to slice heads, crush legs and slash upon mankind. The people fled, but they could not escape the Dwarven Anger. Eol saw everything. Mothers getting killed while trying to protect their children, the poor younglings crying and clamping to their mothers. The fathers and man trying to defend their loved ones, but getting sliced down by the fury of the Sinners. Young girls trying to flee with their little brothers, only to run into the icy hug of Death. The Dwarves burned down the houses, and the screams of burning humans melted Eol's icy heart, and for the first time in his life he fell on his knee's and the tears streamed over his cheecks. He tried to stop the killers, but he got pushed away. He cursed the world for so much sins and death. Why this world was so cruel..? That was the question. Short ones plundering the houses, torturing the woman and children. There was no mercy in this forsaken place. How could this happen? That questions were in his head when he saw old men and women being crushed by the rage of the Dwarves. They slowly progressed to the Palace and there they encountered the first resistance. The Silver Knights of Aq'a'dor drawed their swords and a titanic battle occured. The knights slowly drove the Dwarves back with their disciplined moves and strong armor. The Dwarves realised that if they didn't controll their anger they would be destroyed, so they did. The fast and strong attacks surprised the Knights and utterly destroyed them, and they all fled into the burning city. The beardy ones opened the gate and saw King Aq'a'Dor on his knee's, begging for mercy: ''Spare me, spare me! I have nothing to do with the dead of your beloved leader!'' One of the sinners stepped forward and laughed bitterly. He softly whispered in the ear of the King: ''Death is going to hug you..'' The King screamed of fear, but his scream got extuingished by the slash of the Dwarf. This time a second scream came, but not from the king. It was a small child who cried. Eol's face got pale and he stared at the child. It was the little son of the King.. they killed his father! While he stared, Lord Sazar appeared, laughing mad. An army of guards also appeared, and they throwed Narn forward. The Dwarves watched astonished. ''W-w-weren't you dea-dea-dead?'' said Eol stuttering. ''No! They .. they throwed me in the jail and made a clay head of me or something..'' Sazar cackled harder and yelled: ''You fools! I've only used you to kill the king and claim for me my place! Even tough you burned the city, it's mine, mine, mine! And now the Heir is also going to get eliminated!'' The Dwarves were enraged, but knew it wouldn't help. They broke through the Guards and fled out of the city, cursing themselves. So did the people. ''May you burn in the depths of Hell! You damn sinners!'' screamed a priest. The Dwarves stared at him and shivered. They quicklu left the pillaged, exterminated and destroyed. This would haunt them forever, and they would never be welcome anywhere. They had comitted a sin that would never be forgiven by anyone. The only thing they could do, is to let the heir escape and so they did, Eol took the child with him while it was crying.

The sin was made, the city was burning and the Dwarves were doomed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.