• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hello Thread (get to know your fellow gamers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
this is just so we can all tell eachother a little about ourselves.

well, real name is Leo, im 14, in year 9 (nearly 10) at school (equivalent of like 8th grade or summin in america) i have a minor disibility (cerebal palsy) but it only affect my walking... i play guitar, and used to pllay clarinet (EWW) i like most rock/heavy metal/nu metal/punk bands; eg, linkin park, slipknot, incubus, etc... and all i do is sit there and play computer games all day

well thats me :wink: pretty boring eh?

Level 17
my name's chris (Christoph) and i'm almost 28 years old (24th june i get 28) I study electrical engeneering at university.
I live in Switzerland (Basel) and I speak 3 languages fluently (german, french and english)
My hobbies are my 11 budgerigars (budgies) [had 12 of em 3 days ago... but one died :cry: ]
I listen all the commercial crap at radio and like to play a game of warcraft every now and then.
Some might know me from this site... i'm the owner and creator of it :wink:

Level 6
My name is daniel, im 14 im in 8th grade. I live in israel. My hobbies are playing in the computer (especially warcraft and Unreal tournament 2004) be with my friends,listen to music (metal,rock,punk and more... - i love linkin park, led zappelin, pink floyd, blink 182, green day and more....), i love also manga and anime!, and i like movies and T.V (who doesnt :wink: ).

P.S - I dont know if u saw my topic in the 'site discusion' about my idea to make this forum - 'Off Topic', but you have made it :wink:

Level 25
Name's Sean, I'm 15 (Born November 5th, so while I celebrated a birthday American's voted on Bush to become the president -_-) And I'm from Australia

I'm in year 10 at school (Only 2 more years to go before Uni) and I have a slight bit of (sp?)Asberger's symdrom (Not too much, just enough to make me unbelivably bad at sports and handwriting... And recognising facial expressions, to say the least I'm not the most popular person at school, but I'm kinda popular and... *BRICKED*). Considering that Einstein and other (sp?) geniouses also had a slight bit of Asberger's, I'm somewhat lucky

I enjoy making mods for Warcraft 3, Starcraft and Neverwinter Nights, and sleeping. I also listen to remixes from such FREAKEN AWSOME games as Chrono Trigger and Sonic CD

And you might know me as the person who hunts down anyone who submits stolen models and then flames them, or the person who makes various mountless units. Coming up: Archmage's Horse or Orcish Drummer

Oh! I'm also a bad speller and a lurker <_<

Level 6
I am ? years old, im homeschooled, my hobbies are playing games, watching tv, playing games, watching tv. im in 4th grade, My wishes are: to be a penguin or have tons of penguins around me, I love penguins so much i should've named myself Penguin_King on here. I have 1 cat, I used to have 2, but one of them had serious problems so we had to give her to the vet, so now she will be a veterinarian kitty, I have 2 older brothers which are nerds like me but could kick anyones butts... Strange how that works... I love my gamecube, but not as much as my computer since my computer lets me get on here and meet alot of friendly ppl, even though some arent that friendly, I have bad luck alot of the times, the only thing i do is sit at my computer, or sit in my chair thats facing my computer and watch tv. Soon i will make a penguin map. I have a fettish for catfish, even though i think theyre cute, it doesnt really bother you when your eating the yummy deliciousness. And i have stuffed animals of my favorite animals, Penguins, Catfish, & Cats. Me and my brothers all know TaekWonDo and are all blue seniors or brown belts. Im a blue senior, my middle oldest brother is a brown my oldest brother is blue (not blue senior). I am very strange huh...?

Level 22
My name is Allen, 25, from Arizona, USA. Avid video gamer since the days of Atari, and author of the soon-to-be-published Stardust Highway Sci-Fi novel series. I'm in college now, but just finished an enlistment in the army and a year long tour in Iraq. I speak English and Japanese and will be studying abroad in Japan this year. Real time strategy games are my addiction, particularly Blizzard and Westwood games. My hobbies are RTS map making, drawing, Jpop music and Manga.

Sheesh..so many younger teens here...I feel like a geezer...

Level 4
Mecheon said:
and I have a slight bit of (sp?)Asberger's symdrom (Not too much, just enough to make me unbelivably bad at sports and handwriting... And recognising facial expressions, to say the least I'm not the most popular person at school, but I'm kinda popular and... *BRICKED*).

lol, i know how u feel, i cant do sports (i suck at evrything that involves running alot, so i tried my luck in the gym, then tripped up, and cracked my head open on a weight), my cerebal palsy is making my hamstrings contract, so it makes my legs get bent even more, this means i need to have physio every week, and im going to america during the summer holiday for surgery, but i look completley normal, you wouldnt suspect anything until i got up and started walking

my handwriting is kinda legible, but it still sux

Level 13
My name is Omri, I'm 15 and in grade 9, I live in Canada, I like a lot of different types of music (mostly rock) and I like hanging out with my friends and playing games on my [brand new :D ] computer. Unlike popular belief, Canada isn't really cold, in fact right now I'm wearing a T-shirt. I speak english only, although I am (or was) taking french this year but my teacher was a bitch so I'm not continuing in it next year...

Level 13
Real name is Sebastian, I'm 20 years old and live in Detmold, Germany. I study Science in Physics (Physik) at university (greetings to darky, the other student :) ).

My hobbys are Warcraft3 :roll: , dancing (latin) and music (I like Uplifting/Progressive Trance, House, not the commercial stuff)

And I think I'm the only one with NO internet connection at home :cry: (But this won't last forever)

Edit: YEEHAAAWWW. Finally, the Telekom got my DSL working. I can't believe it. After 20 years finally an i-net connection

Level 7
Hello there, my name is Jonas, 16 years old, soon in class 11, live in Germany (Cologne),
but come from Switzerland

Hobbies: computer :D , playing guitar, meeting friends, etc.

I love warcrat, but i don't play it often, i use more the editor

Level 8
The True Raziel

My name's K'Tyn Fowler, I am 12 and in the 7th grade.I have ADHD and I'm not very patient(it's hard to stay on one map and focus). I was born in Mt. Pleasant, TX. I love Rock!! and Skateboarding!!
My hobbies are: Playing Guitar with my band, Computering (as you can see),Drawing , Watching Tv , and :lol: making out with the girl next door.
My favorite games are: Zelda (all of em'), Warcraft, and Halo. But my most favorite game is The Legacy of Kain series!!

Level 25
Classic Sonic >>>>>>> New sonic. Go and play Sonic CD if you ever get the chance, a pity games of its style aren't around much anymore...

Zelda has, and always SHALL, rule, with the exception of those three little-known about games that none dare to mention <_<

Level 5
Levi (Leviticus) I love the arts and love doing anything expressive to me I.E. art :) I make sites and do freelance graphic design for a living, I am 23 going to be 24. I want to work for a game company one day but I have to get some schooling in the 3d programs before I do. well atleast enough to make a demo rill. 40's and blunts!

U.V

U.V

Level 7
hia!!
My real name is Yuval, im 16 years old and im from northen israel.
besides WC3 editing i like to do stupid, illigal things with my friends :) . im also playing on drums for 7 years now and im playing on 2 diffrent bands :D

yay! now you got to know me!
GOOD NIGHT!!

Level 4
Hi my name is Andrew(Andy)

Im 12, yes I know it breaks COPPA agreements, but hey

I was born on Febuary 17, 1992

My favorite music is Rap

My favorite singer is 50 Cent

I like Eric Clapton, Jimmi Hendrix, 50 Cent, Eminem, Linkin Park.

I enjoy playing sports

I have a moderate case of no ANGER MANAGMENT :twisted:

I live in a small town

I am moving in 2 years

I am currently making a map called Legend of Zelda: Return to Darkness.
The thread can be located here:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?p=5577#5576

Level 4
My name/s is/are Ulrich Konstantin Friedrich Wilhelm D. I live in Sierksrade (little village south of Lübeck, SH,Germany). I am 19 years old and now in 13. grade.

My hobbies are Badminton (I am trainer) and playing and modifying Wc3. I am much betterin modify than in playing think.

I've got a lovely girlfriend who has allready played wc3 with me and gave me here real voice for my new RESEIDENT EVIL project I am working on (you'll love it, I promise)

I love it to help other with their mapmaking problems soon a friend of mine is going to relase his new rpg. We learned many things from eachother...

Level 2
I'm James, 15, and I live in CA. I don't post much here, but this thread looked fun so I just decided to post something. I love guitar, and am overly-obsessed with spicy foods, especially really hot hot sauces that you have to sign a waiver to buy. I listen to AC\DC a lot, as well as Iron Maiden and Metallica. I loathe rap, but some songs are actually quite good. I'm also a DDR freak, not as much anymore because I'm into programming more than ever. My interests in War3 are triggering and other people's triggering, especially looking at other's custom text (I suck at it myself). Awaiting the release of Halo 2, which will most likely be the only reason I get Xbox Live :wink:

I am Alfred. Surname isn't important :p.
I'm 14+ of age, 15 in less than a month. Well I live in Singapore, I am chinese. So as you can already see, my english isn't good.
It isn't my first langauge. I listen to J-Pop sounds and some others.
I can do alot of things in modding wc3. I can mdl edit, skin, icon, trigger, terrain, and such. I can do pretty well in each of them. I play Gunbound too, account AlfredxWar3. You guys might wanna add me. It's hot here in Singapore all year round btw :p
I can only write/speak in 2 langauges, that is Chinese and English.

It's nice to meet you guys.

Well Im not gonna tell u my name but heres some other stuff about me...

I am 12 years old, 13 in August and going into the 8th grade.

I know how to play the paino really well but its stupid so im learning to play the guitar instead.

Im on my middle school soccer team that just won the states competition in the fall. I play other sports also but Im nothing special at them.

My favorite music is R&B, Rap, and Rock. Bands I like are Black Eyed Peas, D12, J-Kwon, and Kanye West.

My hobbies are playing guitar, modding and playing Warcraft, chillen with my friends and gf, and playing Warhammer (Im working on making a new army entirely out of Goblin Squig Riders and other Goblins!)

Well thats enough about me...

Level 3
Hey. I'm Kevin, I live in California(In the USA). I'm 14, going on 15 in late september. I'm going into grade 10(Year 10 for you not in USA) when school gets back in.

I just recently moved, so I'm really far away from all of my friends. I'm getting a dog in a week or 2, I already have a cat. I love Warcraft 3, and Counter-strike. When I'm older, I want to live in Seattle, WA, and be part of the S.W.A.T.(Special Weapons And Tactics) team.

I'm making a WC3 map, I was working with a friend on it, but we got in a bit of a feud.

Level 12
My name is Spencer Chao Tzen Wong, and I live in Hawaii, USA. My nationalities are Chinese and Okinawan. I like Warcraft III, Lord of the Rings, and coin collecting. I am 13 years old and going to 8th grade.

Level 18
Guess I could post...

I am Bryce, a 17 year old male who lives in the NewYork area of the USA.
I am very Athletic and am a senior now.
I make movies in 3dsmax along with models for games.
I dont have a favorite music or food.
I scored 2x higher than normal on the ASVAB
My SAT scores were well, higher than avg 1300
I am aethiest.

Well thats me any more you wanna know? LOL

Level 2
My name is Taylor, im from Oklahoma, USA. My favorite genres of music would have to be heavy metal, mellow rock and oldies. My favorite band of all time is the Smashing Pumpkins, followed by Cake. My favorite food is fetuccini alfredo and overall i love practically anything italian. I am an avid Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fan and have been for as long as i can remember, im 19 now and i still have pillow cases and sheets on my bed from the design. Raphael is my favorite ninja turtle, and the sai is my favorite weapon because of that. I am also an avid fan of the Predator franchise although my interest in that doesnt go past games and movies. I dont have a girlfriend right now but that doesnt bother me at all and i priase the effect of alcohol. I recently moved out of my parents house and into an apartment, finished highschool last year and plan to go to OSU to major in criminal psychology. That is about all i can think of, feel free to message me to auqire anymore information although with the length of this post it would kind of creep me out.

Level 2
Hey, im Joseph Zacharias Hughes, i live in Mansfield, Ohio, a very well-spoken typist and not so well spoken linguist....

I am 15, 16 in August, and enjoy alotta Heavy metal, Evanesence, and many other Rock groups. Im a complex person who stays to himself mostly and swears he is a nord...(just please, dont ask) Despite my Bike-O-Phobia, (Cant stand being less than 3 feet away from another bike) i am a resoundingly good driver. I am an avid-closet anime fan (Because ppl up here think its strange) and am softspoken that belies what iam truely thinking. I am a fountain of wisdom, and integrity, though untill shortly back, when i found my shame, i was conflictantly shamless with a steadfast sence of integrity. I am available to talk online, just post me and ill find it somewheres, (As if anyone would want to talk with me) i am also told that i put myself down too much, degregating my self from the opposite sex, of whom i have a strange knowledge of their phsyche i am proud of. i could go on for a while more but for now, this is what i will divulge for the common viewers.

Some of you may think this is merely my way of escaping my own reality but this infact, is a part of my reality so therefore i believe that you should all know who i am.
~The Nord

Level 1
My name is Zackery,Zack for short.I live in Florida USA.I an 14 years of age.My hobbies are Warcraft 3
TV and on ocasion read warhammer 40k codexs

Level 5
my name is Katarina, or Tari as most people call me. I'm going to be 19 this winter, and are currently doing a break from my art-studies and are going to start studying Creative Writing. I live in Sweden, by my computer and wc3, train Muay Thai and listen to synth and EBM. People often think i am a transvestite becuase they can't get together the fact that I have muscles and am a girl.. but that's their loss. ;D

my names Alonzo. my date of birth, 7/13/90, ON A FRIDAY (you get it soon). i live in san diego. im 14 and going into ninth grade. my hobbies include computer games, such as warcraft, video games like megaman or final fantasy, and i love to draw. i like doing either detailed pictures or anime, or sometimes a combination of both. my computer kinda sucks, although we have dsl, our computer has a very low amount of ram. my bro tried installing new ram butnothing seems to work. we think that it may have to do with something with our mother board. anyways the sucky thing is that whenever i play wc3, its most likely to freeze within 30 minutes.

Level 4
Name: Ralf Moubarak.
Nickname : Saga.
Date and Place of Birth : New Jersey 6/6/86.
Nationality : Lebanese.
Height : 2.02m.
Weight : 72kg.
Horoscope : Gemini.
Interests : Saint Seiya, Warcraft, Guilty gear, everything related to metal music.
Fav Song : Painkiller(both Death n Judas Priest's version).
A lil bou myself : Tall hair, double faced guy(evil/good)>>> depends on the mood.. Loves animez, especially Saint Seiya and Saga. Studyin business administration, I advise every1 not to piss me off when I'm on my bad side :twisted:, wacked guy, drinks n smokes alot ...

Level 4
Name: Coty Fegley
Bday: April 11
Horoscope: Aries
Future Job: I would like to be a game designer
Fav Band: Chevelle,Adema,RadioHead,Muse, and All old stuff like Winger,guns n roses,poison etc.
Fav food: mmm I like Steak
Hobbies: comp, attempting to make maps, girls, paintball,Xbox.

Wellz thats me =]

Level 4
Hey all, my name is Dima, i live in Israel, Im 14 years old.
I like to, being in wc3sear.ch, play and break my computer, watch tv and hanging in my small annoying beautifull little country.
I hate, when my comp does stupid annoying stuff and than i "accidently" break him:)
I hate small insects! And etc...
Thats me!

Level 4
im 15
bday dec 1
live in Pa
on swim team during summer
soccer during spring and fall
school during winter
used to play football but due to a ankle injury i cant play rough sports like that anymore :cry:
travel at least once a mouth with my dad to work funchions (recently went to a company thats making guard houses for the WHITE HOUSE :D )
Tring to learn how to make better maps
currently making Quest for godhood a rrp (name pending)

Level 6
my name is Alex... 13 years old.... live in sweden... toltally stuck in warcraft... nintendo freak... all my "friends" call me video game nerd... but im used to it... i want to get good at skinmaking.... but i dont know if thats going to happen...

Level 4
Well my name is Jelmer Westra I'm 14 (15 on september the 19th) my hobbies are: Magic the Gathering, Warhammer and gaming. I'm half blind(one eye is almost DeAD). My favv movie is the MatriX and my favv food is some chicken crap of what I dont know what is is in english. And I live in the Netherlands.

Level 8
My real name is Ridge I'm 13 and I love video games my favorite is warcraft(or else I wouldn't be on this web site) My friends call me king of nerds to piss me off Im the only funny person in my whole school I love watching weird japanese movies or cartoons and my fav movie is Jackass the movie. I also enjoy makeing an ass of my self and doing really stupid things. 8)

And ladies I'm a Leo! :twisted:

Level 5
My name is Ben (everyone calls me Dewi though) and I live in Northwest Indiana. Bday, Dec 9th. I'm 14 in high school, and joined this site a week after I found it. Hobbies are drawing, hunting, and football. Don't like 1. Fat people at the beach 2. Girls who talk to much 3. Kerry 4. Anyone who gets in my way. Plan on getting 3Dsmax in a week so be expecting models in a little while, and a campain in about 8 months or so.

P.S. This is, by far, the best war3 resource site ever.

Level 13
strange, but, whatever.
im 14, my bday is on may 8th, my real name is Kate, i live in Minneapolis, i have long black hair and stand 5'10". i hate girls that talk too much, and stupid guys. i hate most republicans, mainly because they always give the smart people in the party the fall (like Chieny is getting now) from things. in fact, i hate most politicians. i like drawing, reading GOOD books like issac assimov and the Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy seiries, The Beast and Jaws, and King Solomans mines and Picture of Dorian Grey. I listen to music, both old and new, i have way too much free time which is why i am writing this, and alot of computer games. meh.

Level 17
My name is Tor (and I won't even bother with the second name as it is unpronouncable to you anyway :p) I am currently 18 years old, I got plain brown hair and blue eyes (see pixture in that picture thread). I play some synth, hang around with friends and suchlike. I favorite band is Radiohead, closely followed by Jamiroquai and The Dandy Warhols.

Level 5
I won't give my name but I'll give out some other things. I'm 21, and turn 22 in about 3.5 months. Looking at the rest of you I feel like an old man (brings out Cranky Kong and has a boring discussion about how fast life goes by). I'm currently going for a Bacholer's in Biology (currently a junior) at CSUCI (yes, the fabled Hotel California). My major interests are playing musical instruments (baritone saxophone which I had to stop playing because I graduated from high school and can't afford my own), playing video games, and creating warcraft maps in the world editor. On the subject of map making, I have one thats going into its final beta stages this weekend. This project named Sonic Saga (an enhanced version of the one availible on other websites) is an action RPG hybrid that takes you through an abridged version of Sonic1-Sonic Adventure 2. All I need to do in order to finish this map and send it here is to add some final things, fix any bugs found in the beta, fix any balance problems that show up, and find some appropiate models (PM me if interested).

Level 7
Uhhm... I'm 18 with an interest in warcraft? (right? right!) Name's Christian - I'm currently a student, as in what would be like, a senior in high school. 1.5 years, and I'm gonna follow up with Mr.Clean and begin studying Biology, very intenstly with no sparetime whatsoever.... oh, wait no, I'm still gonna be a geek and have social interests. I listen to nearly all kinds of music - but offcourse I do have my preferences :roll:

I like football, and porno, and books about war, I like smoking indoors, on a cuban cigar!
But sometimes that just, aint enough, to keep a man like me! I gotta go out, and have fun, at someoneelses expense. I drive really slow, in the ultrafastlane, while ppl behind my are going insane. I goto public toilets, and I piss on thier seats, I walk around in the summer time, singing "how about this heat?" Sometimes I park on handicapped places, while handicapped people, makes handicapped FACES!

I'm single so if anyone out ther... oh wtf am I doing! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.