• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hello Thread (get to know your fellow gamers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Myself

I found this topic to be an excellent place to make my first post.

I consume my free time with an extensive list of things: programming (VB, VB.net, C++, QB, etc), FPSs (Quake 3 Arena, Doom 3, Unreal Tournament 2k4, Tribes: Veagence, etc), misc online games (Warcraft III, Everquest, GunBound, etc), and strategic board games (Go, Chess, etc). While I don't of course play/do everyone of these things everyday, I may slack off with a thing or two, but usually catch back up with it in a month or two depending on how busy things are in life.

If you ever want to chat, play a friendly game, or ask questions about programming; feel free to send me a PM. :)

(PS: If anyone is wondering about the name "Q3DM17er", Q3DM17 is the name of one of my favorate maps in Quake 3 Arena.)

-Q3DM17er

(Edited: Fixed link. 12/05/2004)

Level 6
Hi, my names Mike, im 17 years old, and I live in the UK. Doing a course in animal management, which, thankfully, has no connection to warcraft.
I am a huge japanophile, i love everything japanese; sushi, manga, anime, the language, the people etc etc.
I am also a huge fan of cats and I work in a cattery. I obviously play warcraft 3 and make maps for it. The other games I play are tactical ops, UT2k4, and a few others. o/

My picture can be found in the other thread
http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=4730&start=1335

Level 1
Why hello there everyone.

I am PotatoFish and i'm a guitar player person from teh UK. I likes the warcraft 3 (i play night elf) and i've always enjoyed well made maps even if I'm not very good at making them. I'm more interested in music and making music. If you look to your up, you will see Teifi, whom i've already made music for some of his maps, and i'll probably post somewhere else in a place where people might read it that i am available to make some music for anyone who would like some.

And yeah, hello.

Level 4
Im baaaaack...
cant get rid of me can you? =]
ive visited this place on and off for the past...
eternity
that sounds about right. i usually dont post though, i prefer to float =)
Some of you might know me as 'that guy who made psychotic arena which has ceased to exist', or the actually popular one, 'the guy who made the bloody sword/shield RandyM4AI used in wind+cloud rpg' <_<.
okay babble session complete.

Level 13
Alright.

My name is James William Taylor. I turned 15 in June and I live in Lapine, Oregon. I play Football and Basketball. Im varsity in football and J.v in basketball. Im a history nerd and my favorite B.net maps have to do with history( Europa, Shogun, Troy).
I make maps. Im pretty good. I have trouble finishing a map though. I'll get a map idea and start it then get another idea and start on that. So yeh. That's basically me. If you want to know more you can just guess as where to find out more. *HINT* look at my sig.

Level 4
I'm Ozan and I'm 16. I spend most of my time listening to music and playing bass guitar. I absolutly love fantasy though. I love all things fantasy ^^. Not only because it's cool but because and escape from this world and it's problems. it's great to read (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings), It's great to write (Roleplaying on World of Warcraft and writing my own stories) It's great to play (D&D, Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft, Soul Calibur 3) and it;s great to watch (same with reading really :p)

If anyone wants to know anymore about me, check my myspace, it's www.myspace.com/neo_gothic

Level 2
This is such a nice thread. :D

I, like, read all the entries! And everybody's just so interesting! :D Hahaha!

I love getting to know new personalities. :D

Btw, Mecheon, we have the same birthday. :) Wow.

And I like Lord of the Rings. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.