• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Great Oasis V1.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Blood Raven
THE GREAT OASIS (Updated v1.2)
A great oasis in the midle of the rocky barrens. Many have died trying to drink from the magical fountain, and others trying to claim powerful items from Bronze Dragons.

MAP INFO
Available players 4
Better for 2v2 (because the secondary gold mines are close to eash other)

BUILDINGS
1 Fountain of Health
8 Gold mines (4 of them starting locations)
2 Goblin Labotaries
2 Dragon Roosts

CREEP CAMPS
3 Red
4 Orange
8 Green

SCREENSHOTS
243967-albums8011-picture95357.bmp

243967-albums8011-picture95358.bmp

243967-albums8011-picture95359.bmp

243967-albums8011-picture95360.bmp

243967-albums8011-picture95361.bmp

CREDITS
First of all Blizzard for making the game.
And to my self for making one more small part from a place somewhere in Kalimdor
Inspiration a mission from reign of chaos where Thrall is helping Cairne reach his caravan of kodos to some oasises.

CHANGELOG
Vesion 1: uploaded
Verison 1.2: Creeps don't drop one specific item
Fountain of health is now guarded by more & stronger murlocs
More doodads added
Terain has been raised and lowered in some placies (no longer flat)
Dragon camps has be cuted to 1 red and 1 green
2 Dragon Roosts added

Keywords:
Warcraft 3
Contents

The Great Oasis V1.2 (Map)

Reviews
16:09, 7th Apr 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: The map needs to make radical changes in order for the map to be acceptable. Although it works, the map only has average terrain, bad balance, and little uniqueness. If you make another melee maps, I suggest the...

M

16:09, 7th Apr 2015
StoPCampinGn00b: The map needs to make radical changes in order for the map to be acceptable. Although it works, the map only has average terrain, bad balance, and little uniqueness. If you make another melee maps, I suggest the links below.

See tutorials:
Beginner - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/how-create-melee-maps-187652/ (Not exactly recommended, but could be helpful)
Intermediate - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...e-terraining-hives-terraining-section-184427/ (Recommended for terrain)
Intermediate - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/competitive-melee-map-252987/ (It doesn't have to be extremely balanced, just try to follow some of the main points here)

Level 21
A better melee map this time Eric though even this one has problems:

1- You used better the tiles this time (yet you could have used more Rought Dirt on all that Dirt) but the problem is that the terrain is completely flat. No raisings and lowerings are seen. Then, I don't see enough environmental doodads (Cactus, Crater, Geyser etc...)
2- Although this time there are item drops, they are a disaster. Do never let creeps drop specific items. They should be random to let every game be unique and not the same as others
3- I really feel your creep camps are inadequate in many places. I mean, for a Fountain of Health, you put weak murlocs to guard them? Then, you put red camps that don't guard anything? It's worthless to engage a fight with them then. You've inverted the creep camps. Weak creep camps are replaced by strong ones

Overall I feel that this map needs more work before getting approved. I will give it 2/5 and suggest the moderator to AWAIT UPDATE!