• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

the gray checkered areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
when im making a skin there are these gray checkered areas (obviously have a reason to eb there) what exactly are they for
are they places that editing would change the shape of the modle?
places were if changed it stuffs up the skin?
or somthing else plz answer?

EDIT: also i have 2 other questions
1)how do i add the info thingy so i can have the custom path for those who dont know how to find it and also to put my name on it (btw i use the gimp)

2)how do i get TFT units for the image extractor 2

Level 45
lol, hi teh ben, well da checkered thingy meaning transparent..can be alpha channel too.
Also..what u mean on question one? u mean the paths of a skin to a model?
convert a model to mdl and open it till u find the path area then change that.
and for your last question, the skins and models and all are in war3x.mpq i think..use image extracter there, if not use wc3viewer to extract stuff.

Level 12
Yes, the gray checkered spot is transparent, usualy on a one sided image, when you use or create an image with a colored background it is usualy locked, locked images cannot have transparency unless there is another layer. When you start or open a picture when its on a transparent background, therefore when you see a spot like that it has nothing. It may look like it is part of the picture, infact its more or less like a piece missing, like the outside of the picture. When you color over it, it will not be transparent anymore. Transparency can sometimes be used as alfa edeting, when you put the 'checkered area' over an image, it is eracing and sometimes actualy be transparent on the model, however this usualy only applies to parts that are flat and arent a 'shape'. If you wish to delete a head of someone or a part that is 3D usualy it requires Alpha Edeting, which there is a tutorial on wc3campaigns.com about that. Sometimes Alpha Edeting doesn't work however, so if you dont know how to geomerdge it off or know someone who can... your screwed!

Status
Not open for further replies.