• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Having trouble getting skins please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok this is after i make all of the changes to the skin. I open up warcraft 3 image extractor II and i press open the skin that i have made on the gimp for windows. When i press open i can't find the skin. So how do i get the skin to save it as a .blp when i can't find it. Is there any thing wrong i am doing cause all i do is find the file and press open and i search around, they may be there but i just can't find were they are at.

Level 13
soulbad said:
Ok this is after i make all of the changes to the skin. I open up warcraft 3 image extractor II and i press open the skin that i have made on the gimp for windows. When i press open i can't find the skin. So how do i get the skin to save it as a .blp when i can't find it.

You DON'T need to open a .bmp file if you want to convert it to .blp. Go to main menu, select second menu or third menu from right (I forget the exact name). Go to "Convert .bmp .jpg .tga -> .blp" menu. Then browse file window will pop up and search on your .bmp file.

Level 5
Hmmm so i got that converted do i open it in wc3image extractor 2,(sorry i read a tutorial and i really now don't have a clue how to get it on to the unit.) but i did get it to convert to .blp :D. So what do i do with the skin from there?

Level 13
soulbad said:
but i did get it to convert to .blp :D. So what do i do with the skin from there?

Ok, i asume you already have warcraft 3 viewer II, and your .bmp file, and you want to convert this .bmp to .blp (CMIIW).

1. open your warcraft 3 viewer II
2. Go to "Convert File" on main menu. (third menu from right).
3. Go to "Convert .bmp .jpg .tga -> .blp" sub menu.
4. After that, a window will pop up asking you what .bmp/.jpg/.tga file that you want to be converted. Then browse to your .bmp file in your harddisk.
5. Then it will ask again where's the location for .blp file that you want to save.
6. Some options will pop up, just clic OK, and you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.