• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Forgotten Crypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
A long forgotten crypt deep within the woods.
Crypt.jpg
Please comment it. :grin:

Level 23
Nice idea, and could really look good, BUT those streched rock tiles are really a no-go!
I would suggest using doodads instead of tiles, cliffs for example, good cliffs are included in this http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=83031 pack! You can see them in the back of my newest pic: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...212-m0rbids-terrain-showcase-atraderstale.jpg

So, again another tipp to the ground of trees, try adding plants to it again!
With some modifications this will really look great!

Level 6
Thanks. but would it looks good if I would put a high ress rock in it? I think i would kinda look wierd, but thats just me :p

Level 6
I will try both, one part of the tile high ress rock and the other part arathi rock model :p
and maybe ill just change the enitere background to an overgrown city :D Or I could make both.

Level 23
So now, I drew some lines:

I think it's a huge improvement what you did !
Now to the lines: you see the two lines going on the base and the top of the rocks!
and what I want to say with this lines is, they shouldn't exist. This is really unnatural, I think you will never find cliffs like that in real nature, because they are a random product, mainly try to randomize your cliff, what could help is for example a huge scaled rock looking out of the rest of the cliff.
And I also think, that u used to many small stones for it, just a little stone spam there ;-)

To the other marked things: first the bushes in the cliffs, it looks unrealsitic too, if they grow on top of the stones, try to always add them to the points were rocks have their base. With green colour I marked you some example places!
One other thing are the few darker green bushes in front of the crypt. They look like they stand in a row, again, a little unrealistic!
Also you should try to add them more over the whole landscape, because right now they stick out of the rest, which isn't that well, because it steals attention from the crypt itself!

A last thing to mention is, maybe, I don't know what's your intention of what sort of crypt this should be, but you could play a little with the fog and light, to get a more mysterious look for a "crypts entrance"

Attachments

• Crypt2lines.jpg
    Crypt2lines.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 128
Level 6
So now, I drew some lines:

I think it's a huge improvement what you did !
Now to the lines: you see the two lines going on the base and the top of the rocks!
and what I want to say with this lines is, they shouldn't exist. This is really unnatural, I think you will never find cliffs like that in real nature, because they are a random product, mainly try to randomize your cliff, what could help is for example a huge scaled rock looking out of the rest of the cliff.
And I also think, that u used to many small stones for it, just a little stone spam there ;-)

To the other marked things: first the bushes in the cliffs, it looks unrealsitic too, if they grow on top of the stones, try to always add them to the points were rocks have their base. With green colour I marked you some example places!
One other thing are the few darker green bushes in front of the crypt. They look like they stand in a row, again, a little unrealistic!
Also you should try to add them more over the whole landscape, because right now they stick out of the rest, which isn't that well, because it steals attention from the crypt itself!

A last thing to mention is, maybe, I don't know what's your intention of what sort of crypt this should be, but you could play a little with the fog and light, to get a more mysterious look for a "crypts entrance"

Thanks. ill update it soon. and i_brg_doom those rocks is the Arathi Rock v2.

Level 13
I suggest you to add diffrent kind of rocks there. Because there is only one kind of rocks, it looks plain. And daaaaaaaamn stretched.

Also ground in front of crypt is flat, fix that.

AAAND I suggest you to make sunset or something to come behind cliff. There is perfect spot between those trees on up , right section of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.