• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The FireFly model by Carrington2K - Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
It's about this model:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=503&sid=404331cabf54ef895f58ff28417d9409

It's small, it's just a simple touch, it's a minor detail...

... but it rocks, and makes a huge difference to any map's appearance. However, I just cant get it imported properly.

Things I tried:

war3mapImported\FireFly.MDX
war3mapImported\customglow nocolor 32.blp

and

war3mapImported\FireFly.MDX
Textures\customglow nocolor 32.blp

and

Doodads\Ashenvale\Firefly\FireFly.MDX

and

Units\Critters\Firefly\FireFly.MDX

Etc, etc, etc, and many more combinations of the above. Please folks, help me out? :) I am making an "Emerald Dream" map, and I really could use this model.

Thanks in advance.

Level 6
i checked it out and the pathway should be that BLP and MDX File should be in the Root
if that doesnt work convert the MDX to MDL and change the pathway and find

Textures 1 {
Bitmap {
Image "The Image name.blp",
}
change the bitmap and convert it back to MDX.
The rest i think you know :roll:

Level 23
Lubbe said:
i checked it out and the pathway should be that BLP and MDX File should be in the Root
if that doesnt work convert the MDX to MDL and change the pathway and find

Textures 1 {
Bitmap {
Image "The Image name.blp",
}
change the bitmap and convert it back to MDX.
The rest i think you know :roll:

Whoa whoa, rewind.

"the root"? So I should use

\FireFly.MDX
\customglow nocolor 32.blp

or

FireFly.MDX
customglow nocolor 32.blp

or

units\FireFly.MDX
units\customglow nocolor 32.blp

When in import manager??

I have the program to convert MDX to MDL, but then how would I change a pathway? In notepad?

Level 3
Quick question Lubbe:

How do you find out whether or not the MDX has to be "In the root"? I'm trying to learn how to find correct paths because it's always my foremost problem when dealing with skins and models.

Level 13
It doesn't matter what models path names are. They can be anything you choose them to be. Skins, on the other hand do matter, so you can find out a skins path by opening its respective model in Warcraft 3 Viewer and clicking Current File->Show Used Texture Names and it will give you the path of the skin(s).

Level 8
oz02 said:
It doesn't matter what models path names are. They can be anything you choose them to be. Skins, on the other hand do matter...
Absolutely correct. Its easiest to put both in the "root." In other words, no custom path. Just the name of the texture.

Like:
FireFly.MDX
customglow nocolor 32.blp

Thank you for using my model! Feedback is always appreciated!

How do you find out whether or not the MDX has to be "In the root"? I'm trying to learn how to find correct paths because it's always my foremost problem when dealing with skins and models.
I wanted all the models i made to be as easy to use as possible. Therefore i decided that no custom textures I use need to have a custom path. They just need to be in the "root."

Status
Not open for further replies.