• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Fallen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
The Fallen (STILL WIP!)

Over two hundred years ago, Draakgar Wickedclaw, a half-orc and his clan, called The Fallen, ravaged cities and performed savage rituals for the Burning Legion under the brutal reign of a pit lord named Graazak. After trying to destroy Orgrimmar, the clan was defeated and with the death of their master, many took their own lives. Those who lived were imprisoned first within Orgrimmar in a secret prison and then when the Dark Portal opened, they were sent to a heavily guarded prison beneath the surface of Hellfire called Gahk’ rethar Prison. The only remainders of this once mighty clan were Draakgar, the Lieutenant, a fel orc warlock named Grekk Fathomback and a handful of low ranked initiates mostly orcs, some fel orcs. These few survivors of this dreaded company were locked away for life in this prison in Outland... or so it seemed.

A deep, trembling, rumble echoed throughout the halls of this forsaken place. Footsteps pounded as if it were a stampede. Draakgar stumbled around in his shaking cell wondering what could be happening. There are no earthquakes in Outland. Shrieks pierced the eardrums of all who heard them, followed by grunts of victory. Each of the prisoners was more confused than the next until down the prison halls dashed a horde of demons slaughtering all the guards in their path. The fight raged for days, but in the end, the prison keepers warded off the demonic invaders leaving the Burning Legion’s plan to reunite The Fallen “crushed.” There were few survivors of this attack and all were badly wounded. As the hours passed, Draakgar noticed the pearlescent aura of the enchantments fixed upon his cell door wane. As the aura dissipated once and for all, he knew it was time to strike and he howled as he readied to break down the barrier that had kept him from the outside world for hundreds of years.

His savage howl strangled the nearby listeners and with that he began growing fur, his nails elongated and grew black. His mouth began to stretch like it was elastic and there he was. His mangy charcoal fur reflected the character of his soul. He was indeed savage and incosiderate, but that had been his downfall. With a rabid snarl, he leapt at the door and tore it down. There were three guards outside, they tried to defend themselves, but they were already badly weakened. Draakgar fell to his knees as he turned back to his normal self and then he began his journey to freedom.

I have already begun work on this project, however it is so minimal that this can only be considered an idea at this stage.

The hero (villain), Eldrin Wickedclaw, will be a ranged unit (either archer or warlock) who will have the power to transform into a werewolf for melee attacks. This will not increase his power or be an "Ultimate" but rather a way to change things up. There will be times when in order to kill something you will have to transform into a werewolf which will have its bonuses and there will be times when the range is too long and you will need to be your ranged form.

I am hoping that this will make this campaign prove interesting and fun.

Also, the storyboard up there is incomplete and I need ideas for that section alone! That information will be all that will be posted on the Map Development page until I write the rest and hide it in spoiler tags as I don't want to ruin the story.

Anyways, I would loooove comments, critique, feedback, ideas, or anything you've got to offer!

Thanks!

Update - 11-9-09: Improved story a bit.
Update 2 - 11-9-09: Improved story further.
Update - 11-10-09: Added to story. New section is early WIP.

Last edited:
Level 23
You got some serious lore problems there.
The clan attacked Orgrimmar two hundred years ago? For demons?

1.Orgrimmar was built less then 10 years ago
2.Orcs first heared about demons 40 years ago.
3.Fel orcs of Hellfire Citadel may have not attacked demons
4.Werewolf idea is intereting, though totally unfitting
5.The Fallen is a strange name for a clan. Fallen Spirit, or Fallen Hammer clan would fit better

Level 8
Some ideas for the heroes:

Heartshot
Active, Unit Target
Mana Cost: High
Cooldown: High
Fires an arrow at a target enemies heart, causing it to take 500 damage.

Rapid flurry
Active, No Target
Mana Cost: Mid
Cooldown: Mid
Fires arrow after arrow, granting 300% attackspeed for 5 attacks.

Blackjack
Active, unit target
Mana Cost: None
Uses a blackjack to knock an enemy unconcious at melee range, stunning it for 4 seconds.

Blood Curdle
Active, No target, Channelling
Mana Cost: High
Cooldown: Low
Begins howling into the night, causing nearby enemies to take damage over time and be slowed as long as the hero is channelling.

Nightstrike
Active, Unit target
Mana Cost: Mid
Strikes a target unit, lifestealing and stunning.

Bad Moon Rising
Active, No target
Mana cost: High
Cooldown: High
Clears the sky so that the moon rises in the sky. The moon gives the werewolf very high MS and IAS, and sets the time to midnight.

Level 10
Nice. Thank you for the ideas!
and for the critique. ok, seems like i need to brush up on my lore, huh? xD
i feel n00b now lol
anyways, ill take out the werewolf idea and ill change the story according to the lore.
Fallen Hammer Clan will be the new name, but I still want them to be colloquially called the Fallen..
so, now he will not be a ranged hero.
Oh, and he's a blackrock orc so he's not a fel orc, he is a chaos orc.

Level 23
Chaos orc? He will be red colored of course?
Also, he could be not a werewolf. I have an idea:
He was a shaman until the Horde was corrupted. When spirits came to speak with him, he defeated them and enslaved a spirit of a wolf inside himself, forever. Now the spirit tries to destroy or cleanse him from inside.

Level 10
Yes he will be red colored.
Fel orcs are enemies of the horde, but as you remember, Grom was a possessed "Chaos" orc and he was friendly toward thrall as well as the blackrock clan was friendly towards the horde during the campaign.
That's a good idea, I think I'll make him have a spell like metamorphosis where he turns into a wolf spirit for a certain amount of time. he was originally from the blackrock clan, but he joined this new clan when the blackrock orcs took up their worship of demons once again.

Level 10
I'm not sure exactly who created the clan, according to the story right now it would be the pitlord, but I'm thinking there should be a less demonic figure to create the clan, linking it less to fel orcs and more to just demon worshipping orcs.
Right, right. Well, I'm not much into lore so if you could help me along with the story, I'd really appreciate it, because I don't want another WoWism, destroying the lore xD
I want to make a good story for the campaign to follow.

Level 23
For the lore! The Lorekeeper shall help you!

Well, creator of the clan... new clans were usually renamed old ones, but that doesnt fit here, or a new one. For example Stormreaver clan and Black Tooth Grin clan. Clans were either created by the secret leaders of the Horde to achieve greater power and their own force(Stormreavers, and Gul'dan), or members of a clan that was destroyed/taken over by a new leader/found a new ideology. For example Rend and Maim, sons of Blachand, created the Black Tooth Grin clan, when Blackhnd was killed by Orgrim Doomhammer. So you can choose how the clan was created:
1.Created by someone who made it to achieve some purpose but failed, and may have even left the clan to itself
2.They may be a part of a destroyed clan for example Thunderlord or any other, there were many destroyed clans back then
3.It may be part of some clan what was taken over by a new leader. For example the name of the Twilight's Hammer clan was changed after it was taken over by Cho'gall, the true name of the clan and even its history was forgotten. Plus the name Fallen Hammer suits. Two ways of the clans evolution.
4.It can be a part of clan that refused serving demons, but part of the clan left and formed Fallen Hammer.

Level 10
Alright, I've got it.
It will be part of the shadowmoon clan that left and formed Fallen Hand Clan. Their goal is the same as Ner'Zhuls was- to retrieve all the relics, but they were stopped and now, they are breaking free from Illidan's prison in Outlands and continuing their quest for all the powerful relics.

Level 23
They may have wanted to find relics that can serve as well in Draenor...
So they will look for the artifacts? Book of Medivh, Skull of Gul'dan and Eye of Dalaran - all of them should be in Outland.
Also, are they planning to open gateways to conquer a world for themselves, or let in the Legion?

Level 10
To conquer Azeroth themselves. They aren't planning to open portals, just use the artifacts for power.
I think the whole campaign should be about acquiring one of the relics. The skull of gul'dan will be in another place outside of outlands since illidan was conquered, one of the "heroes" brought it back to SW or IF or something :p

Level 10
So, I sat down with a notebook and really began to write the story. Problem is I went back and fact checked myself and things just didn't add up or work the way I planned. At all. Contradictions everywhere. Like not wanting to serve demons, but hunting the skull of Gul'dan? Doesn't add up, so unfortunately I have to scrap the campaign idea :[

However, I made some terrain and I spent too much time on it to give it all up, so I'm going to make another campaign. Maybe one with a less complex story to start out with that isn't so interwoven with major plots in Warcraft Lore. I have decided that what would best fir the terrain to my knowledge would be a dwarven/gnome type of campaign. Hero will be either a dwarf or gnome engineer with engineer type abilities. Haven't decided which yet. (Opinions?) It might feature things similar to Ulduar, etc. No, not because I like the instance in WoW- I don't, I hate it. Quite badly. But, because the Terrain I've already made is a very dungeonesque type of setting and I feel like it might be a cool campaign to delve deep into unexplored dwarven ruins with all sorts of traps popping out at you and fun boss encounters.

Sorry if this is disappointing to anyone, I know it is to me. I was really hoping on getting this campaign going, but it's just too hard to get it to work and I fear it might end up too cheesy.

Also, Garshilan if you're still interested, I would absolutely LOVE help on the campaign any way possible. We can plan the story out, etc.

Thank you all for the comments! Once I get this up and running, I may make an actual development thread, but keep checking back here for story updates until then!

Status
Not open for further replies.