• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Fall of Silvermoon Reforged Bug

Level 22
So I don't know where to report bugs on the site so here I go I guess:
When I was playing the Fall of Silvermoon (on December 2nd, 2023) the Archmage that was attacking me did not have a name. Look at screenshot for more info:

My question is: is it like that for everyone? Can anyone check? On current patch.

Attachments

• Screenshot (81).png
    Screenshot (81).png
    3.3 MB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot (82).png
    Screenshot (82).png
    3.4 MB · Views: 27
Level 4
I also encountered this bug, and not only the archmage has no name but also the elf worker and the archmages from the last mission

Level 22
I also encountered this bug, and not only the archmage has no name but also the elf worker and the archmages from the last mission
Hope they fix it. When I got attacked his name was "ll" (2 in roman numbers).
The infamous <Empty String> has come for you, runnn :razz:

Maybe it's related to the changes they've reverted in the last patch
omg :xxd:
the undead scourge scared the elves so much that their archamge forgot his name

:xxd:

Level 29
That's quite weird, but I can tell you that it's actually happened even before the Reforged had gone gold (or before January 28th, 2020).
On the very latest patch of Classic Warcraft III (1.31.1), this infamous bug still exists during the single-player campaign:

Notable game strings-related bug I've found on this thread:
1.In Rexxar campaign, some units did not have their name or have a weird name like "P" when you select them.
2.When you point on the Unstable Concoctions during Infiltrate Theramore Quest, it mistakenly says "Centaur Marauder" or something similar.
3.The (null) strings also appears in Shaman's name when he's about to say "Storm, Earth, and Fire. Heed my call!" during the TFT Credits. The same thing also happened during the Thunder Ridge Quest (on the 2nd visit with playable Drek'Thar), after discovering the Human Lumber Mill.

Of course, not only the empty or broken strings you might encounter on the latest patches, but you might also encounter the other bugs. I heard that on the Night Elf 2nd Mission, there were bug reports about missing hero inventory on Tyrande or something similar. It's still present in Reforged.

Level 22
That's quite weird, but I can tell you that it's actually happened even before the Reforged had gone gold (or before January 28th, 2020).
On the very latest patch of Classic Warcraft III (1.31.1), this infamous bug still exists during the single-player campaign:

Notable game strings-related bug I've found on this thread:
1.In Rexxar campaign, some units did not have their name or have a weird name like "P" when you select them.
2.When you point on the Unstable Concoctions during Infiltrate Theramore Quest, it mistakenly says "Centaur Marauder" or something similar.
3.The (null) strings also appears in Shaman's name when he's about to say "Storm, Earth, and Fire. Heed my call!" during the TFT Credits. The same thing also happened during the Thunder Ridge Quest (on the 2nd visit with playable Drek'Thar), after discovering the Human Lumber Mill.

Of course, not only the empty or broken strings you might encounter on the latest patches, but you might also encounter the other bugs. I heard that on the Night Elf 2nd Mission, there were bug reports about missing hero inventory on Tyrande or something similar. It's still present in Reforged.
Interesting! I was aware of Tyrande's bug. Also the 3 ancient guardians drop their orbs so you can give tyrande +15 dmg or something lol on mission 3.

That is why I'm currently playing the RoC campaigns on patch 1.00 :D . No bugs no nothing.

Level 29
Interesting! I was aware of Tyrande's bug. Also the 3 ancient guardians drop their orbs so you can give tyrande +15 dmg or something lol on mission 3.

That is why I'm currently playing the RoC campaigns on patch 1.00 :D . No bugs no nothing.
Reforged only made things got worse in single player campaign, not just 1.31.1.
Also, there is a people who have reported this kind of bug earlier, which happened a few days after the first release of Reforged:

I will list several notorious bugs as described on that thread:
1.In the Night Elf 07, sometimes Archimonde is on Level 1 instead of Level 10 with all abilities.
2.In the Orc 08, sometimes Jaina doesn't appear on her base.
3.In the Human 06, if you play this mission on HD Mode (which uses the new map layout, where the Undead base is on the northeast instead of southwest), you might notice an unused objects to the southeast of your base.