1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by sTiMiN, Aug 2, 2007.

1. sTiMiN

sTiMiN

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've recieved an idea on this project from a friend that said he would like to see a map based on this game. I'm in search for a couple people that have MSN messenger and are willing to contribute to this idea. They also need to have some knowledge of the actual game itself. Right now I am looking for:
    - Terrainers
    - Quest Makers
    - Town Creaters
    - Trigger editors
    I can do hero editing, races, and the storyline. so please if anyone wants to help just post. Please include your MSN messenger address and I will add you to my list ASAP.
    My msn address is: zzcl31rczz@yahoo.com

2. Z-O-R-R-E

Z-O-R-R-E

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    sounds like a big project, are u sure it would fit in one map? :p

3. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well if you want my opinion, I would stay away from recreating other games in warcraft 3. If I wanted to play morrowind, I would play the game, not a wc3 remake.

4. DesKaladA

DesKaladA

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have the game and to re creat it it would be bigger then 100mb now you could try soothing smaller like TES Arena (get it at elderscrols site)

5. Mor)L(unE

Mor)L(unE

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    i have morrowind, and i can help with the huuge terrain, i suggest we use high ress models only

6. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't worry, these kind of projects always fail. :cool:

7. Dark_Dagger

Dark_Dagger

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll do trigger editing or whatever

8. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There are very few GOOD remakes of other games. I doubt that this will be one of them for a simple factor that even if the gameplay is good, the graphics are no match for Oblivion, and graphics is the main attraction!
    ~Craka_J
    PS: My 700th post w00t

9. Shadow_Fox

Shadow_Fox

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wait...you value graphics more then gameplay and essence..? (lul fail) Ps: oblivion suxxor, but lets not flame over it /end miniscule rant

10. Dark_Dagger

Dark_Dagger

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's a good game jsut wish it was mroe fast paced really i don't know is this will suceed either but I'm just trying to get my name on alot of stuff and I don't have msn messenger address if you want to talk to me pm me on here or something

11. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't value graphics more than gameplay, but graphics these days certainly plays a role with gameplay now. For example: Condemned: Criminal Origins is a very good example of how graphics can play a huge part with gameplay. Oblivion's graphics are good and play a bit of a role with the gameplay as well (makes it more interesting and entertaining) but if you think of it, I'd rather pay fourty bucks for Oblivion than play a cartoonized version which may not be as fun or accurately made to look close to Oblivion.
    ~Craka_J

12. Mor)L(unE

Mor)L(unE

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    But hes gonna make Morrowind, it has less graphics, but is better then oblivion in my opinion.

For the terrain, if im allowed to help abit i will reinstall morrowind soon and begin terraining after im done with the new ultimate terraining map. what models i must use is your choice then

13. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Bleh... more than half the remakes of other games usually fail anyways so no need to bother arguing.
    ~Craka_J

14. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I say goodluck and i mean that with ALL my heart because the game is gona be INSANELY hard to make. Most likely you will fail but have fun making it, also I would rather play halo then mario party on the n64 cuz the graphics are just horrible

15. HINDYhat

HINDYhat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This is impossible. You can't possibly fit the WHOLE morrowind world into one wc3 map... else you would have the ghostgate like a 10 seconds walk from Seyda Neen xD. If you're planning on making this almost possible, I'd suggest you make it a single-player RPG sort of campaign with many sub-maps that transition as you enter different zones.

16. Ivanneth

Ivanneth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Encouraging. That's why, when you sign up, you do the things that do last. So then you don't got to do anything. :thumbs_up:

17. Mor)L(unE

Mor)L(unE

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    You really thought we were gonna put it in one map? (if this whole project will start off)

But i still need a HUUGe amount of new models (some of them could be replaced with existing ones)

18. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Bah what the hell! If you remake Oblivion, good graphics or not, I'm sure if you make it as accurate as possible (gameplay wise) it'd be pretty entertaining. Good luck!
    ~Craka_J

19. Kjiverx

Kjiverx

Resources:
    Resources:
    i have morrowind, but i'll play this cause it'll be funny as hell. i suggest 1000+ submaps, btw.