• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Disappearing Model...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I was using the black citadel statuel in my map when I realized that it would be better to use a destructible that looked the same. Everything seemed fine until I placed the destructible in my map. Instead of the statue I had expected, there appeared a checkered box and an error stating that the statue black citadel model doesn't exist. I tried looking for it with the wc3viewer, but it wasn't there. I tried the "find in mpq option", and it wasn't there either. So, if it isn't in the mpq, where is it? How can something that doesn't exist, exist?

Level 10
Your problem is that "Art - Model File - Variations" in the destructible editor is set to a value greater than 1.

When set to anything higher than 1, it assumes that the model variations will have the variation number appended to the end of the path, and so it is would be looking for "Doodads\BlackCitadel\Props\BlackCitadelStatue\BlackCitadelStatue1.mdl"

Set the "Art - Model File - Variations" field to 1 and it should solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.