• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Desert Resource War

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A map in which you use your Barracks to spawn units to destroy the enemy castle or defend your castle in a deserted place. Note that you need to do just a bit of micromanaging. Unit descriptions ingame have all the necessary information.

Players: 2 (1v1 + your units) or 1 (vs Defensive AI)
Features: Custom SFX and Units
Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1A0qSFU6JE

Credits
Author - Britannic_2000 (formerly known as Low_0200): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA8iGHwwoBKpF8waGfS66xw
Assistant - D_INFILTRATOR (formerly known as ELC): www.emmanuelcasilang.co.nr
SFX - Mike Koenig @ SoundBible.com

Special Thanks to:
Blizzard Entertainment
The Hive Workshop
SoundBible
and
The players

---Change Log---

Initial Release - N/A

Keywords:
Shooting,guns,war,sfx,custom,units,barracks,micro,manage,2,players,AI,map,the,desert,resource,war,beta,tdrw,britannic,2000,low,0200,youtube
Contents

The Desert Resource War (Map)

Reviews
14:58, 6th Oct 2015 Orcnet: My review
Level 2
Thanks for the feedback. Ill update this map this weekend.

P.S. Is there like a desert-ish dead tree doodad model available?
And adding varied pathways can enable me to put a secret trader somewhere or secret shop.

Description isn't bad, some Screenshots could be nice, but from the Map Preview it seems that there's an empty terrain with only Water and Dirt, am I right?

Can't tell more :D

Yeah, it was intentional to fit the theme of the map, being a desert. If there is a model of a cactus or dead cactus, i would put it around the map in the next patch.

P.S. Yes i know, why did i put water on a desert map? How could i not have thought of it? Ill change it into a cliff soon. :vw_wtf:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 30
Tested the map, never knew it was in a Beta form. Please be reminded that no beta maps are allowed in the uploading section, if you want to continue this process continue here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/

As much as I tested the map, I don't see any proper triggering nor systems being implemented here, its just a build mass troops attack base quickie to the overall testing. There are no resource income so I end up just making 2 men and 2 techs which is ridiculously useless, there are no guides on how to play this game. So I end up using cheat codes to enter the enemy base, how come the AI gets more men when I enter a specific region near the castle?

Again this map is still in the process of more work than you waiting for this to get approved then continue working on it, its not right.

Level 30
The game play and how its mechanics being presented to the overall layout is basically lacking, in a way its more into implementation and resource-making. Should you need feedback in its early stages or you need help, Just remember to check the link I showed you so that more users can view on your map than here.