• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Delta

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The Delta Beta

If you find flaws in my map please reply immediately so i can further improve it i hope people will like it.

-I added some balance here each side of maps has powerful creep camps that gives player a significant advantage when it is defeated rewards player with powerful item

-I added double Bandit Lord in each side of map

-This map is composed of bandits

-Controlling the center goldmines give player significant advantage in gold
make sure they defend their resource base to avoid loss.

-easy creep camps with gold mines have low source of gold
-overall balanced

-imma fix soon the clarity of the map some of the parts of the map is not balanced in terms of texture noise but i will fix it soon.

-Each Player goal is to establish a resource base asap so they will have significant advantage over others

-The 2 players in the right and left have a gold mine advantage in terms of boundary and defense the goal of the 2 players in up and down side is to disrupt their boundary advantage thats why it is
offense defense kind of melee map

-thats pretty much it i will update this map soon.

QUICK UPDATE V1.2

-Added dark custom lighting
-Fixed the problem that there is no creeps in a player goldmine camp
-Added creeps in some player camps that there is no creeps on it

Created by: HorrorDream
Contents

The Delta (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Hello new melee mapper! It's always nice to see new people in the melee mapping section. Unfortunately, melee maps have a large amount of "traps" in the details that one needs to be aware of, and you have been caught by a few of them ;) The following...
mafe
Map not updated in a long time. Therefore set to useful/simple.
Level 15
Played this with a friend of mine and it was pretty fun, anything with snow gets my vote. One glaring issue at least for me would be the lack of any camps on player positions, such camps are removed on initialization when a player's starting position occupies the position of the camp.

Makes things weird if you play with less than the intended number of people like a 2v2, as it presents unguarded gold mines. Its a quick fix though and I love the shape of the map, the symmetry is impeccable and its very satisfying to march an army through!

Looking forward to a finished version in which I would give it a 5 i'm sure!

Level 1
Played this with a friend of mine and it was pretty fun, anything with snow gets my vote. One glaring issue at least for me would be the lack of any camps on player positions, such camps are removed on initialization when a player's starting position occupies the position of the camp.

Makes things weird if you play with less than the intended number of people like a 2v2, as it presents unguarded gold mines. Its a quick fix though and I love the shape of the map, the symmetry is impeccable and its very satisfying to march an army through!

Looking forward to a finished version in which I would give it a 5 i'm sure!
thanks for the reply bro currently working on its update but i am busy right now but in nearby future i will fix some of the issues thanks for your honest feedback.

Level 26
fast look.
-trees gap and doodad gap that I have said before. there should have none of the space between the doodad and trees.
-itemdrop too strong sometime. (mostly the itemdrop isn't right)
-the camp had a lv7 creep but you put an item drop on lv5 creep. Doesn't make any sense. You should not do that.
-camp status anything that isn't the expo guard camp should set to 200 or blue status to avoid the aggro.
-the doodad(decoration object) around the neutral building won't work. it bad to use a path blocker doodad. try the one that didn't block the path and units.
-the no shop. I wouldn't say if this is bad or not but. let say that mostly 99% of competitive map has at least one shop in the map.
-the distance between player base to the expo isn't symmetrical like red need like 9 block, yellow need 8b and teal need 6b to the closet mine(for ffa). but maybe that is possible for a big multiplayer map so I wouldn't have say that it's bad.
-critter choice...
-you should have use more medium armor creep.

+Nice design
+Would be better if the map playable size is smaller.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Hello new melee mapper!
It's always nice to see new people in the melee mapping section. Unfortunately, melee maps have a large amount of "traps" in the details that one needs to be aware of, and you have been caught by a few of them ;)

The following issues are outright bugs that need to be changed:
1. Heroes bought at the tavern can become stuck on the left side of the tavern. Check pathing with "p" and ctrl-"d". In general, as @Zucth has pointed out, there should be not gaps between trees and other doodads. Place trees exclusively with the size 2 circular tool, single clicks so taht new trees align perfectly with existing trees, no holding mouse key and dragging.
2. Creeps that are not guarding gold mines should be set to "camp" in the unit properties.
3. Do not have item drops chances other thatn exactly 100%.
4. One (or more) of the starting positions is placed too close to the gold mine. This will cause the map to not be considered "melee" by the editor, as indicated by "Melee map: No" (the mouseover text of this also shows if there are other reasons) in the bottom right of the editor. As a consquence, the map will always be played on patch 1.07 balance.

More issues that are strongly adived to be fixed/changed:
5. No landbased critters atm.
6. Itemdrops should always follow the "random level X item of class Y" formula. Dont use exactly specified itemdrops, and also dont use itemdrops of unspecified class.
7. The strength of itemdrops should be correlated to the strength of the creepcamp dropping. look at ladder maps as a guideline. For example, a lvl 12 camp (the 3 lvl 4 assassins at the goldmines) should drop something stronger than just a lvl 2 powerup.
8. Strong global weather effects are often considered to be too distracting. Maybe use light snow globally, and add heavier snowfall only in some locations via regions.
9. For 3v3, the amount of creepcamps seems to be relatively low.

Some positives are that the creep camps themselves are good, the layout of the map too, and visually the map looks fine. I also like the varying amount of gold in the mines.
But still, the bugs must be fixed, and some of the other stuff should also be addressed. Map set to Awaiting Update.