• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Altered Melee] The Death of the Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello my friends,

I have the really simple Idea for a normally meleemap, on where you cant build any altar and cant train or revive any heroes.

But i know this is not enough for a hiveworkshopmap

So it should be content a funny scene at beginning, where some knwoledge heroes fight against their contrahents and die and revive and die and revive and then the godness of alll have no any lust more, to revive them loosers.-"Shit Happens"

The Focus of Gameplay will then on the units and not on the heroes.

For the choosen Map i will use a normally blizzardmap, becouz the working should be more on the mechanics.

I think about custom differences from normally meleemaps. Maybe the wariorunits, who have a backgage, can use founded items. And maybe I add some custom units, upgrades, special weapons and armors and options for the existing races.

And i think about to make the old heroes into units(for example the taurenchieftian into a elitetauren or the heropaladin into a non unique-Paladin trained in casern or arcanic sanktum)

All in all this will be a less work, but surely funny.

How you find this idea?

Level 6
Sounds like a funny idea, but you should still find a use for the altars, shops for races and neutral buildings.

Example for the altars: you could be able to train a Bishop/Worshipper/Cultist/Moonpriestess at a building. This unit can 'pray' at the altars to let the altars gain mana, which can be used to gain favors (like special spells) from the gods of that faction.

Example for the shops: let units equip and use items.

Example for the neutral buildings: let the Tavern sell special potions. Let the Goblin shop sell special items for units.

Make sure you keep the focus of the map on gameplay and humor.
:ogre_datass:
Good luck!

Level 7
Thank you Awsan for the fast respond.

Example for the shops: let units equip and use items.

Maybe the wariorunits, who have a backgage, can use founded items.

The idea with the pray sound good, maybe use it for special upgrades.

Edit: i remember, thats one building of the undeads can sacrifice. This is the same like pray. Maybe, i will add possibiltys with this building.

Last edited:
Level 7
Thats so unfunny. :-/

But just maybe, becouz i only fight against my custom AI.

Have change Techtree(Mages can be train at tier 1), remove some items from all possible shops and all upgrades can be research in Forge/Hunterhal etc. and altar, becouz i have place for the new units in trainingfield.

Level 30
This sounds like a good idea. You are trying to aim for a Melee without heroes which makes it less fun but there are quite many ways to make it fun. So suggestions:

You can make a system for this Melee or search here that when training a unit, it gives you an army and you can control only one unit and other units of the same type follows the lead. Like, train a footman and it gives you 5 footmans. It makes it more interesting in my view.

Make the custom wc3 buildings more special. You can add some extras in it or better create some buildings available for construction that does not train units but every second it gains mana and can be used to cast a spell either that grants advantages to the casting force or disadvantage to the enemy force. Example is like from SC hybrids map here. It has the same concept and also same concept with Awsan...lol

Lastly, add custom items and better recipes which can be crafted from lesser items. There is no heroes and you might ask where can items get useful here, I suggest make some one kind of a unit here that has hero inventory and it only gets strong at the items it has or something like that

Level 7
Im in Hardcoremodding xD . My final target it is to make a third training of all magical units(Grandmastertraining) and give all races more innovated units. I have some ideas for now. All Upgrades can searched at Forge- and altarbuildings(and lumbermill of course).

Some activeused items(This staff to spawn skeletons and other things) I changed with custom weapons and armors.

Also i add for the stupid Computersloted players some stupid tactical AI´s(Mass Rifles, Mass Priests, Fast Air etc.), who will randomly effected.

BTW, i have changed the techtree to train magical units like shamans, Necromancers, druids and co. faster then before.

Level 35
Warcraft Pee

i think this idea has been done with further implementations, but not while keeping the original melee game relatively intact
i think the closest i saw was a map on moddb that had the original races plus naga and demons
basically, they changed the techtrees up significantly and instead of having the heroes, they had units with the hero's abilities which you acquired through caster upgrades (i thought it was pretty cool)

if you're concerned that the idea itself isn't enough on its own, you could possibly chuck in a race or two of your own to add to the mix, /maybe/

Level 30
How about rename this to Rise of Armies? I really do agree to the user above me ^ that it doesnt quite go with the game which you are making. SO I would like to suggest Rise of Armies. Why I did thought of that? The melee map I do observed in your idea focuses on training units and building an army. Not that all but also building structures and whatsoever so I have come with this random name in my mind.

Though I do think this is quite over-used but you can try. :)

Level 35
ehh, rise of armies sounds a bit off, too
names are really hard
if you get stuck on a name, you can always come to it later

BUT WHY WAIT? I HAVE A LIST:
Warcraft 3: Reign Of There's No Heroes
Warcraft 3: The Frozen No Heroes
Diablo 2: Lord Of No Heroes
Starcraft 1: Brood Heroes There Is None
Space Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.