• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Darkening Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
The Darkening Wars version 1.16 released! It contains a few more technical changes to the game to make some previously bad features more realistic and useable, as well as some utility features that I'm sure mutant players will love.

Endel4, I'll get to it as soon as possible! =]

Chenlimin, the race is coming out next patch. I've already laid down the groundwork for the race, but I still need to tune up the units as well as abilities. It'll be ready very soon. It is indeed machines, using a new resource system as well and having a different combat style than either humans or mutants.

Level 5
Hmm the Problem about this discussion is that i have nothing to add i love this map as it is all i'm missing are the features you have already introduced but not coded like the Human tactical... thingies

Level 5
Oh and btw tell your school you need time to create the most awesome map ever they WILL understand it.

Level 9
Haha, if only that was true Zinive. I'm glad you love the map. I'm working hard on getting the to-be-implemented features, it drives me nuts as well that they aren't done yet.

Funny thing is, I already have ideas for 2 additional maps that I won't mention further because I don't like showing off half-baked ideas. Eh, so many things to do, so little time.

Edit - Oh, one more thing: Since I'm working on the third race (the machines), I'm willing to take suggestions for whatever ideas you have for unique abilities. Anything is good, and I'll sift through them to get the final abilities for machines. I don't know why, but I really can't find good ideas for their abilities. That leads to one other request.

Things you can post about:
-Abilities. Please, try to keep as many in one post as possible, there's limited room here. Yes, you can PM me this stuff as well or stuff it on my visitor messages, I don't mind either way.
-If you have the time, make a storyline for this game. I have one, though it's really rough and it'd be great if someone who's good at writing took a shot at it.

Level 5
Hmm the main problem is i don't know how the machines will work out in your map coming with ideas for them will be hard but i try to thing of something.

Ideas:
Machine Religion
This is not for the machines itself but it will allow the manipulation of mutants and humans such as taken over or weakening some troops. (This will work out similar to the Human Tactics) So you will have to spend points in it which will increase its effects.

Do you look for something like this ?

Level 7
Zealous Programming: One of your soldier types can activate this ability to increase stats, speed, attck for a limited time blah blah, but you temporarily lose control over them.

Heightened Sensory Equipment: Your command base sends a signal to all your Pathfinder type units which increases sight range.

Resistance Programming: This upgrade adds a 15% resistance to all your machines against human hacks. Also boosts mana.

Diehard Protocol: Temporarily raises defense by 75%, but slows attacks by 25% for 30 seconds.

Secondary Initiative: Gives machines a 10% chance to resist EMP shockwaves, preventing them from shutting down.

Bite my Shiny Metal Ass: Taunt ability. 'Nuff said. :D Also sounds like a cheat code. :)

Balance the Equation: Infiltrator type units can cast this on an enemy unit, they will then take on the attributes and stats of that unit. (If possible, this will allow them to sneak into enemy base unmolested, save for detectors. Dark Reign style.)

Hardcode: Your command centre thingy can channel this ability for a short time. Raises attack damage, movement speed and accuracy of all machines by 25% for a short time, but decreases armour by 25%.

Improved Insulation: Upgrade. Renders machines immune to low levels of weather effects.

Programming Be Damned: I actually have no idea what this would be. I just liked the name. Maybe a Terran hack ability. I'd imagine that whatever the case, the machine would spaz out and attack everything that comes near at an increased attack damage/rate, or it could be a Kaboom ability. The machine suicides itself into the enemy.

The Code of Life: Spawn ability?

Cold Rage: Berzerk type ability.

Machine Logic: Increase in efficiency, building/workers work faster.

The Matrix: Couldn't resist it. Short term ability that hooks the machine directly into the command matrix, creates a command aura that boosts energy and ability stats, and gives a Brilliance type boost to surrounding allies.

Okay, I don't know how much this box will let me write, so I'll stop there.

Level 9
I had a little more time today to get work done on the map. Right now, I have tier one structures down, and the tier one units down as well. I should be done with quite a bit more before the night is over.

Zinive, any flavorful abilities for cyborgs/machines will work. But think droids, drones, and mechs. Maybe a cyborg or too as well. I'm looking for unit abilities, not racial things.

Alakon had a few good ones. Some are bit iffy, because they're not exactly "mechanical:" What I'm looking for here is unfeeling, cold malice. They're just machines, which do what they're told. They're controlled by Nexus centers, which issue radio-like waves to command their minions.

Level 5
Units + Ability ideas

Exterminator
Heavy Infantry unit
Mark XII Acid: Spays an intensive acid on a targeted field each unit hit will take damage over time and have its Armor reduced.
Overcharged Bullet:
Long range Sniper attack. Will kill a low tier Organic unit. And damage to high tier Organic units. As well as stun enemy vehicles. Needs a cast time of 2 seconds.

Pyro Knight
Medium infantry Flamer unit. Good armored and good damage but low range.

Self destruct Protocol MW 9:
The unit will charge this ability for 2 seconds after these 2 seconds it will die but creating a medium ranged flame patch that will burn for 20 seconds dealing heavy damage to every unit inside (even friendly ones).

Hellfire Battle Platform
Heavy ranged unit very weak armor.

Endbringer Barrage
Shoots mini endbringer rockets at nearby target when activated dealing damage. Low tier units will also be stunned.

Endbringer Protocol X 22
The unit will overcharge all his missile and shoot them in a wild pattern around himself dealing very heavy damage to nearby units and stunning them. This ability has a high cooldown and will disable this unit for 15 seconds.

Controller Druid LVT-11010
Scout and control unit
Rampage waves emitters a signal which can take over unit for a short time. Will not work on the highest tier units.

Sensor Array FT3
This unit will ignore any sight blockers and always see the full radius around him.

Improved Battle experience
The controller gains experience when ever a enemy unit dies within his sight range. It can then Transmit this experience to a target friendly unit resetting his own experience.

Sky Blaster Mark IX
Will automatically shoot at flying targets nearby.

Scavenger drone TX 00101
Fast flying scavenging and scouting unit

Cloaking field PQ 00011
Activate this ability to stealth this unit this will lower its move speed

Scavenge Metal
The unit attaches itself to a targeted mechanical unit, once it is attached it cannot be removed. It will provide a little sight.
Upon death of the unit you will gain some resources and the drone will automatically try to fly back to your Headquarter for safety reasons. The unit will be cloaked at this time.

I also want to re suggest the gore and pain-pod as well as the drones from my race.

Level 4
Zinive those idea are completly detailed xD
and i have an idea of tower for this race:
Tower(unamed)
that can unroot(or whatever u call it) like the ancient protector so they can reposition and when in unroot mode its a melee unit and when root its a ranged tower.

Level 4
UAV= Unmanned Ariel Vehicle? Or am i thinking of something else? What kinda benefit would that have though? (if i'm correct)

Status
Not open for further replies.