• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dark Horde after Cataclysm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
For those of you who don't know, the Dark Horde is the name of the 'Horde' lead by the Blackrock Clan and are made up of the following:

Orcs:
Blackrock Clan
Black Tooth Grin Clan
Dragonmaw Clan (Wetlands)

Ogres:
Firegut Clan
Spirestone Clan
Torchbelcher Clan
Stonegullet Clan

Forest Trolls:
Firetree Tribe
Smolderthorn Tribe

Others:
Goblin Mercenaries
Various Dragons
Demons summoned by Blackrock Warlocks
Redrigde Gnolls

Now, the Dark Horde serve the Black Dragonflight. When Cataclysm's story is complete, there are three likely outcomes for the Dark Horde.

1. They get wiped out (knowing Blizzard, I doubt this is the option they will take).
2. They serve the New Black Dragonflight that will be controlled by Wrathion (In which case they may become a neutral faction?)
3. They become free of Black Dragon control and become an independent Hostile faction (Most likely of the three).

Does anyone else have any speculations?

Given what happens in the Burning Steppes questing experience, I imagine that Dark Horde is more or less in ruin already. Though it surely still exists in a lesser form and is likely trying to rebuild, chances are they won't make any other appearances in the game.

I don't know too much about Wrathion, but I doubt the Dark Horde would serve him as he is either friendly or neutral to the Horde and Alliance, who are very much the Dark Horde's enemies.

Level 12
Wrathion will most likely turn out to be the new Earth-Warder, despite his "suspicious" activities. It is either he or the black dragon Sabellian, who lives in Outland comabting Gruul and his ogres, to inherit the title "Earth-Warder".

The Dark Horde? The Dragonmaw clan has rejoined the current Horde, depleting their numbers severely and taking away their most powerful weapon, drakes. Nefarian, the only reason why Thrall didn't destroy this renegade group of orcs in the first place, is dead again. So I don't see any reason why the Dark Horde would still continue to exist, with Rend and Main slain already.

Unless of course, they play a role in an upcoming expansion, which is normal of Blizzard.

Level 13
I'm expecting Blizzard to completely forget about this piece of storyline like they tend to nowadays. Then when it's brought up in another Blizzcon they'll write a quick questline where they're dead.

Level 14
Actually, the Great Dragon Aspects all lose their powers and become mortals after Deathwing's defeat. So perhaps someone will become the new leader of the Black Dragonflight, but he will not be anywhere as powerful as Deathwing or any other of the Great Aspects. Do remember that the 5 Great Aspects got their powers directly from the Titans.

Tyranid said:
I'm expecting Blizzard to completely forget about this piece of storyline like they tend to nowadays. Then when it's brought up in another Blizzcon they'll write a quick questline where they're dead.
QFT

Last edited:
Level 19
Who knows, Blizzard could add a twist to the Dark Horde's fate, knowing them and how they made the stories of the Horde.

Status
Not open for further replies.