• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Dark Cloud Demo... Something many have been waiting for, Team recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
~~`Introduction`~~

I have been creating for the longest time now, an RPG called " The Dark Cloud " Recently however, i have done many changes to certain maps. And now i think it is time for some help on creating a Demo.

I am here to ask for help, from expert terrainers, to expert scripters ( preferably GUI experts =/ i hate jass) To expert modelers. This Single Player RPG will be revolutionary in scope, and may change the way people see Wc3. For this map uses High resolution Models, and goes past the limits of the world editor using a 480 x 480 Epic size for maximum exploration.

My team will need to consist of. . .

2 - 3 Terrainers ( All expert in their field )
1 - 2 Scripters ( preferably GUI experts, Jass is good but to complicated )
1 - 2 Modelers ( Must be able to create High resolution Units )
1 - 2 Object editor editors ( Deals with Spells and abilities and Unit Data )

I am already a good Terrainer, so i only need 1 more terrainer.
The Team will not be pressured in anyway. however i want to be vigilant in at least getting a demo out. Numerous tests will be done on how good this game works. I will Add screenshots of the demo map in the future when more terraining by me is done ( im getting a decent amount every day )

And so I hope for those that take up this task, i Want you to know that this is one of the biggest projects i have ever done...and most likly the biggest you will have ever seen yet.

Reqirments :
1)You must have UMSWE Aka the New Jen 1.5 Package.
2)Fast internet connection, the map is 55 MB big ! Thats pretty damn big
3) Uploading to pass the map on will be done through AIM. It is to long and complicated to upload it to a site. Go and get an AIM account at www.AIM.com Its easy and Free.

EDIT : Added Some screenshots for you to see, just to spark your interest

Attachments

• Evalla River (DEMO).jpg
    Evalla River (DEMO).jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 138
  • The Great Wall of Valland (DEMO).jpg
    The Great Wall of Valland (DEMO).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 131
  • Yulandora (DEMO).jpg
    Yulandora (DEMO).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
This is very epic...
I can do:
Terrain (I am best with cozy summer-happy style maps but i can do other terrain.)
I love the high rez stuff! Makes my mouth water!
Extremly low to Omnipotent Triggers. (I normally suck but I figure things out and make em' work well! :)
Unit Editor: Master
What can I do for you?

Only Trouble:
I have Horrible Internet.
75-kbs

Last edited:
Level 18
=(

you sound very useful. I would like to recruit you but.....

this map is 50 MB large.... and according to your interenet speed...im not sure if youll ever be able to get it, let alone play it =(

soorry dude. i can try to give it to you if you like, but i dont know, 75 KB is super duper slow....

If you want to give it a try, just get an AIM account, and download aim and then ill hit u up on AIM and see if i can transfer it to you.

Level 10
This map aren't gonna be multiplayer right? I think with high res and epic size... meh. I might join, but I would only make heros and I will be fully making them. Both concepts and all and I will be able to trigger all of them. If you might not believe me search in spell section for my name.

Level 18
This map is not multiplayer,

Asomath you want to be GUI triggerer ??

cause it would be great if you could help with some monster attacking systems and boss battles, and spells.

ill talk to you more tommarrow. Trust me you wont regret it. this map is pretty awsome so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.