• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Crossroads

Reactions: deepstrasz
-The Crossroad-
In the ashes of Lordaeron one city lays in the middle of the Undead holds. No one knows who to trust; is he infected by the plague or possesed by a banshee? Now four different factions came to create order in this nonsense.

Does this become an Undead hold, an Orc stronghold, a Human city or a Night Elven outpost?

Information

Screenshots

Changelog

The Crossroad is a FFA or 2v2 map based on symetry. Each player should fastcreep their expansions, and the try to take over the creeps on the enemy side of the map.

Buildings on this map are:
- Four main gold mines, each having 12.000 gold
- Four expansions, each having 10.000 gold
- Six Taverns
- Two Goblin Merchants
- Two Market Places
- A Fountain Of Health
- A Fountain Of Mana
- Two Expansions in the middle, each having 15.000 gold

Creep camps on this map are:
- Four green creep camps
- Ten orange creep camps
- Two red creep camps
- Four very hard red creep camps, dropping nice rewards
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

-V1.00: This map, further versions will maybe come after I recieved feedback

Good luck taking this city as your own, and have fun.

Augustus_Magnus
Contents

The Crossroads (Map)

Level 26
There is no limit to how many you can upload each day. :)

Terrain is not very good, but it is not bad either. Interesting design, that doesn't really allow for more variety in doodads.
An extreme amount of taverns I must say. One or two would have been enough.
There are large areas that allow for epic clashes between the players, and no players have any start position advantage.
I find the placement of the fountains and center gold mines to be a little weird. Creep camps are standing beside rather than in front of them. This could work for goldmines, as they attack if something is built close to it, but for the fountains, players can heal up without ever having to aggro the creeps.
Creep drops are very random.
I personally like that the creeps have grand rewards, but I'm not sure what a regular melee player would think about this.

A working melee map, but not a great one.
Approved.

Level 6
There is no limit to how many you can upload each day. :)

Terrain is not very good, but it is not bad either. Interesting design, that doesn't really allow for more variety in doodads.
An extreme amount of taverns I must say. One or two would have been enough.
There are large areas that allow for epic clashes between the players, and no players have any start position advantage.
I find the placement of the fountains and center gold mines to be a little weird. Creep camps are standing beside rather than in front of them. This could work for goldmines, as they attack if something is built close to it, but for the fountains, players can heal up without ever having to aggro the creeps.
Creep drops are very random.
I personally like that the creeps have grand rewards, but I'm not sure what a regular melee player would think about this.

A working melee map, but not a great one.
Approved.
Thanks for approving, creep drops might be fixed. About the taverns: were in a medieval city, what a medieval city without beer :) . Sure this isn't the best map, but i can't think of a way to get it better. If anyone has idea's, feel free to leave them in the comment room :) .

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
-terrain height (=/=cliffs) be nice in some grassy places that are not near a road
-the fountain of health is nearer to the western players and the mana one to the eastern combatants
-marketplaces generate random items so some players will be near to one of the marketplaces with its own random generated items; for instance marketplaces might also generate the same item be it at the same time or at a different one (the second item was for both Mask of Death; the third for both was Crown of Kings)
-there are too many taverns; 2 would be enough methinks

Roughly 3/5.

Level 6
-terrain height (=/=cliffs) be nice in some grassy places that are not near a road
-the fountain of health is nearer to the western players and the mana one to the eastern combatants
-marketplaces generate random items so some players will be near to one of the marketplaces with its own random generated items; for instance marketplaces might also generate the same item be it at the same time or at a different one (the second item was for both Mask of Death; the third for both was Crown of Kings)
-there are too many taverns; 2 would be enough methinks

Roughly 3/5.
Maybe i'll see if i can fix this, but mainly i want to get my 2 player map "the river connection" approved, so i'm focusing on that. Thanks for the feedback tho, i appriciate it.

Level 10
Very uniform and elaborate map. The use of doodads is appropriate as well.
I can see you making pretty much effort on placing doodads :)
However, I found the tavern to be somehow unreachable for the 1st hero selection, blocked by the creeps. Was it intentional?

Level 10
Well, you can reach it by the bridges. Maybe it's a bit far away.
There are currently two routes but each are blocked; one by murlocs and the other by rogues. Also, there should be a clean way without creeps that connects each starting points to allow wisp scouting at the very early game. The map is currently in a state in which both 1st neutral hero selection and scouting are blocked by the creeps. I may be able to pass them, but I will have to monitor to avoid engaging them. Host the map and send wisps to each starting base and tavern by on the mini map. Unreachable.

Here are tips for you :

1) Key routes i.e) routes that lead to taverns or that connect starting bases should not be blocked by creeps

2) No neutral buildings should outnumber players. The number of taverns allowed for a 4-player map is maximum 4. However, gold mines are of exception.

And if I were you I would...

1) Remove some trees and place creeps there so that key routes remain unblocked.
2) Weaken center expansion creeps to facilitate expansion and leave fountain creeps as they are. I find the creeps to be too harsh for a 2 vs 2 game. Players will have to take great risks for an expansion.

Last edited:
Level 6
There are currently two routes but each are blocked; one by murlocs and the other by rogues. Also, there should be a clean way without creeps that connects each starting points to allow wisp scouting at the very early game. The map is currently in a state in which both 1st neutral hero selection and scouting are blocked by the creeps. I may be able to pass them, but I will have to monitor to avoid engaging them. Host the map and send wisps to each starting base and tavern by on the mini map. Unreachable.

Here are tips for you :

1) Key routes i.e) routes that lead to taverns or that connect starting bases should not be blocked by creeps

2) No neutral buildings should outnumber players. The number of taverns allowed for a 4-player map is maximum 4. However, gold mines are of exception.

And if I were you I would...

1) Remove some trees and place creeps there so that key routes remain unblocked.
2) Weaken center expansion creeps to facilitate expansion and leave fountain creeps as they are. I find the creeps to be too harsh for a 2 vs 2 game. Players will have to take great risks for an expansion.
Okay, i cant tell for sure when ill fix it, but it will be done.