• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] The Crossing: Exploding Air Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Hive, it's StonemaulMidget,

In the Human/Blood Elf mission called "The Crossing," which is a secret level that features a tower defense, I rigged Garithos' Elite Guard so they explode in a flash of fire.
The Ground units and heroes were perfect, but I've had difficulty with the air units. You see, I used the NewAirEX, made by WILL THE ALMIGHTY, as a special effect so it looks like the flying unit explodes, but here's the catch: the special effect plays its spectacle right beneath the flying unit, whereas I want it to explode at the unit's exact height.

Here is the trigger I wrote. Then show me your version.

Level 21
hey,

to fix your issue I would try playing the special effect on the unit, and not on the location of the unit.

besides that, you are leaking points, but if you switch the above method I think you solve that.

also, that is possibly the least convenient way to share a trigger I have yet seen on this site:smile:. check this out, properly posting your trigger makes it much easier to help.

good luck!

Level 19
Hello thar. Are these options available in your editor? Any of them will work. I dont know what the difference between the two is because I dont know where to find the code for the functions that are called all I know is that they seem to work exactly the same.
  • Special Effect - Set Position - Z of (Last created special effect) to (Current flying height of (Triggering unit))
  • Special Effect - Set Height of (Last created special effect) to: (Current flying height of (Triggering unit))
This is all I see when I convert the default actions to custom text.

JASS:
call BlzSetSpecialEffectZ( GetLastCreatedEffectBJ(), 0.0 )
call BlzSetSpecialEffectHeight( GetLastCreatedEffectBJ(), 0.0 )

I tried playing the special effect on the flying unit, but nothing shows. Even when I use overhead, nothing appears.
I think there is overhead and head. are there other things I should know about?
Don't worry about the trigger. I will send that to you soon.

If you set the effect ON the unit it will not show because the unit is removed from the game in your trigger.

There is also:
Origin ~ Might mean original? or something? or just origin as start or base. Its usually fits right on the unit somehow.
foot, left
foot, right
hand, left
hand, right
chest
Then there are different attachment points for structures and some units with more legs like I think kotg and crypt lord. I rarely use those so I dont know what they are. I know that blood mage has some special attachment points aswell. Avatar of vengence might has them too. doodads and destructibles lack attachment points.

To paste your trigger in a post, you simply right click on the trigger name inside Trigger functions in the editor. Then you add it to the post, select the text and press the yellow coghweel in the postmenu. It adds [.TRIGGER] at the start and [./TRIGGER] at the end without the dots.

Last edited:
Hello thar. Are these options available in your editor? Any of them will work. I dont know what the difference between the two is because I dont know where to find the code for the functions that are called all I know is that they seem to work exactly the same.
  • Special Effect - Set Position - Z of (Last created special effect) to (Current flying height of (Triggering unit))
  • Special Effect - Set Height of (Last created special effect) to: (Current flying height of (Triggering unit))
This is all I see when I convert the default actions to custom text.

JASS:

If you set the effect ON the unit it will not show because the unit is removed from the game in your trigger.

There is also:
Origin ~ Might mean original? or something? or just origin as start or base. Its usually fits right on the unit somehow.
foot, left
foot, right
hand, left
hand, right
chest
Then there are different attachment points for structures and some units with more legs like I think kotg and crypt lord. I rarely use those so I dont know what they are. I know that blood mage has some special attachment points aswell. Avatar of vengence might has them too. doodads and destructibles lack attachment points.

To paste your trigger in a post, you simply right click on the trigger name inside Trigger functions in the editor. Then you add it to the post, select the text and press the yellow coghweel in the postmenu. It adds [.TRIGGER] at the start and [./TRIGGER] at the end without the dots.

I do not believe I have these features, which I assume must be from a newer version.
What version of WarCraft III has this new addition?

Status
Not open for further replies.