• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Conquerors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Project has been put on hold, reason: I'm to busy to continue right now.

2hp7xms.jpg
Hey everyone, I'd just like to talk about my project which is in progress.
Obviously the name is called The Conquerors.

It is a mix of a war based game and open RPG.

Here is some information about my game.

Screenshots
Not yet avaliable

Some featuers
I have a couple of things I think would increase your liking to my game. One of these features is activated when you bring an enemy's Fortress or Village down to under 800 HP. Fear not, as soon as it is under 800HP, it will automatically have it's ownership given to the attacker. The units the fort, village or castle spawns every 180 seconds (3 Minutes) also changes and the units are spawned for the owner of the fort/village/castle. Another thing I'd like to mention was a very very very simple thing, but at the time when I accomplished it, I was very proud of myself, and very happy of the tutorial given to me. It was a dialog where you pick Hard/Easy mode which I know is very simple but it wasn't to me when I accomplished it.

Siege
Siege weapons such as Trebuchet (i_brg_doom's idea), battering rams etc will make siege a lot easier. Only certain siege weapons can attack enemy heroes and troops (battering rams can only attack gates).

Heroes
So far, I have only made a couple of heroes. Each hero will have their own spells (no two heroes will have any of the exact same spells and skills), each hero has their stats set out properly in my liking.

(Level 1 Barbarian - 15 Strength, 10 Agility, 7 Intelligence | Tank/DPS)
(Level 1 Scout - 8 Strength, 16 Agility, 12 Intelligence | DPS)
(Level 1 Priest - 6 Strength, 6 Agility, 18 Intelligence | Healer)
(Level 1 Druid - 10 Strength, 10 Agility, 12 Intelligence | Healer/Tank/DPS)

The druid took the longest to make.. But I'm sure he'll be a very entertaining class.

Items
Every item counts, especially when it comes to druids who can shape shift into a powerful pain resistant bear (Tank) and physco kitty cat (DPS).
Yes I did rip a few of the classes off WoW.
I will be making as many items as possible, my goal is over 2000, this is because I hate games that have less than 200 items simply because there isn't much of a variety!

Saving and Loading
I take back my earlier post about codegen not working, my mistake. It works great.
All items and heroes are able to be saved, all items and heroes.

Armies & Mercenaries
In taverns, you will be able to hire mercenaries to fight for you, mercenaries cost money but you can hire them whenever there are mercenaries in the tavern. When you own a village, men will be recruited for free every 180 seconds and will head off to attack an enemy by themselves. You can however control them and make them stop, controlling them like normal units.

Well that's all the news I'm able to release right now. I'm planning on making over 500 weapons, 500 armor and 1000 other items IF POSSIBLE. If not, I'll make as many as I can.

I am soloing this project as I don't think there is anyone who can really help me with this one.

I hope to release this some time this year, I definitely will be releasing BetA versions this year so keep an eye out for me, HsK.DaMiAnz on BNET (U.S West)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 7
Why dont you make mana amunition? for example you got an Trebuchet and a trebuchet requires stones. 10 mana is needed to let the Trebuchet fire a rock so mana serves as amunition for the trebuchet.

Ah... sure thing, I'll put that on my To-Do list. :mwahaha:

2000+ items? Lawl... I'm so watching this :D How can you do that without getting tired? You must really like to make items ^^ Well, the triggers seem pretty straight forward... and the heroes nice... May i give you an advice? Don't aim to complete the map at first, aim to make it playable, then a Beta, and then, go for the home stretch. That way, if you get tired of the project, we can still play it... or what part of it you've done ^^

Level 7
2000+ items? Lawl... I'm so watching this :D How can you do that without getting tired? You must really like to make items ^^ Well, the triggers seem pretty straight forward... and the heroes nice... May i give you an advice? Don't aim to complete the map at first, aim to make it playable, then a Beta, and then, go for the home stretch. That way, if you get tired of the project, we can still play it... or what part of it you've done ^^

Haha ofcourse I always make the game playable and release test versions before I finish.. yes I love making items to!

It's going to take a really long time by myself but I'll eventually complete my goal!

Thanks for the support :)

Level 7
^^ That sounds great. I think you have taken on a massive task, but you seem competent... can you do all of it alone? good triggerer? terrainer? It's hard to be good at everything.

Thats why I have to read a little bit of tutorials occasionally! :thumbs_up:
Besides, if I do it myself, I'll learn a lot more quicker, and it will use my brain (making me think) instead of asking a heap of questions :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.