• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Planning an AoS style Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok, here's the dili-o joe. Or, if you perfer here's the deal. I am planning to make an AoS style map with normal units as heros, such as Rifleman, Ghouls, etc... For this map I plan to have 36 heros, 12 Agility, 12 Strength, and 12 Intelligence. Each race will donate 3 heros to each tavern, thus creating 9 heros for each race. Anyway, I was thinking of heros when I came up with a problem. I want this map to be for the community, so I was wondering what the community might reccomend for the hero models. This is where you come in. I need you to tell me if these models fit for the race, or if you would suggest a different or more efficient one.

Note: I want the models to not be a hero, a siege unit, or a flying unit. The model can be a special model, campaign, or non-racial that would fit the category.

These are the ones I have come up with so far...

Agility:

Nightelf

-Archer
-Huntress
-Shandris

Human

-Rifleman
-Brigand
-Captain

Undead

-Crypt Fiend
-Lightning Revenant
-Skeleton Archer

Orc

-Raider
-Troll Headhunter/Beserker
-Spirit Wolf

Strength:

Nightelf

-Mountain Giant
-Ancient Protector
-Warden (Non-Hero Model)

Human

-Footman
-Knight
-Bandit

Undead

-Ghoul
-Abomination
-Skeleton Warrior

Orc

-Grunt
-Tauren
-Kodo Beast

Intelligence:

Nightelf

-Druid of the Talon
-Druid of the Claw
-Dryad

Human

-Sorceress
-Priest
-Spell Breaker

Undead

-Banshee
-Necromancer
-Obsidion Statue

Orc

-Shaman
-Troll Witch Doctor
-Spirit Walker

Please comment. O yeah, one more thing. I am seriously considering eliminating the Captain for Human Agility, but there really isn't any other model in the game to replace it. Anybody got a custom model they are willing to donate that is human and looks agile?

Level 5
Eusira, I thought you were working on an AOS? Oh well, star fighter sounds like it would be fun :).

Im not that into AOS, but those units sound like they would work out well. Im thinking you may want to put the riflemen in strength and the bandit in agility... they both seem to fit better in those categories to me.

Level 16
I need a partnet to work on Fall of Teroth. I still have it, but Star Fighter is like 10% done. I have most of the imported models, just need to figure out how to do the bosses and such, I have mastered the Letterbox mode, and need a couple camera bugs and movement speed added or fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.