• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Clash of Titans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
(Here is a story that my friend wrote when I still played World of Warcraft, I was a known roleplayer and PvPer along with being the leader of a powerful guild.) [Oh, the guild made a video for me when I left! :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2G-ktnDpco]

Two hooded figures rode side by side through the Tirisfal Glades, both weighed down heavily by several sattle bags and weapons, the rain had already drenched them completely and slowed their journey ever more. After several hours of riding through forsaken land they finally entered through the ruined gates of Lordaeron, and were greeted by two Forsaken soldiers. Tossing the guards their bags, they made way into the keep. Throwing back their soaked hoods they reveled themselves to the guards. The first was Pugna, an old and mysterious Forsaken, whose jaw was completely missing, and head was held together by two leather straps. The second, Kovek, a less decayed Forsaken, his armor scared deeply from several battles and two crud looking axes hung from his belt. A messenger carrying a small box entered the chamber and saluted both Forsaken with respect. Peering over at Kovek the messenger held out the small box, it had an envelope attached to the top.

“This came for ya while you were traveling here from Orgrimmar.”

Kovek peered at the box slightly confused, wondering who might have sent him something. He picked up the envelope, tearing it open then began to read. He faced slowly turned into a fixed glare, he turned to the messenger and motioned for him to open the box. He reached in slowly; a little nervous about what it may be, then pulled out a Forsaken head, cut clean off from the neck up. Kovek emitted a low growl as he crumpled up the letter and threw it to the ground.

“I must speak with the Queen, important matters are at hand.”

The three Forsaken walked farther into the city, traveling deeper and deeper, until they reached the Undercity. They passed several citizens along the way, all stopping their conversations and began peering at the three headed towards the Royal Quarters, they did not know why members of the Banshee’s Song had left the city, but when they return after several days in only half the numbers they left, it draws attention. There had been talk that they may have attacked Stormwind, but it was only gossip, and gossip could rarely be trusted.

They entered the Royal Quarters and saluted the Guards, who in turn gave them a small nod allowing them to pass. Kovek walked up to the platform and bowed before the Banshee Queen, taking a knee before her.

“My Queen, we have returned from our mission in Stormwind, it did not go completely to plan, but we completed what we could with the men we had, several Crimson Knights were defeated, and left in the Tram, but we failed in the killing of Hector. Forgive me; I will not fail you again.”

Sylvanus did nothing but grin slightly at the Warrior kneeling before her at first, then motioned for him to stand.

“You did well Kovek, several members of the Crimson Knights have been dealt with, and many more Alliance soldiers have had their life’s ended. Aside from killing Hector your mission was a success. But it seems you have been found by the members of the Crimson Knights, they now know your name. I have no doubt you have read your letter by now.”

“Yes my Queen, I have read it. It is a challenge from Hector, he wishes to protect his Honor, and that of his people by fighting me. I beg of you, allow me to go, let me fight him. He has been nothing but an annoyance since you gave me my mission to destroy the Crimson Knights, our spies have underestimated his leadership skills, every moment he breaths the Crimson Knights grow bolder, and stronger. I can end this with a swing of my Axe. Please.”

“You know that this very well could be a trap, there could be several Crimson Knights waiting to cut you down.”

“I am aware… but Hector is a Paladin, and while I may hate them, their word will be kept, he will fight with honor.”

“Your trust in what was once your people will be your downfall Kovek. Go, and bring me back his heart.”

Kovek nods, bowing once more, then turns and marches to his chambers to prepare for battle. Glaring angrily as he walks up the dark hallways of the Undercity until he reaches the armory and begins to strap on his plate armor. The messenger, entered the room, and grinned at Kovek.

“You know… if you were smart, you would plan a trap just as the Queen spoke of, it would be the end of Hecor, why Sylvanus has faith in you I do not understand.”

Kovek turned his head and glared at the messenger.

“Just because I take orders from an army whose methods of battle are to win at any cost, does not mean I will stoop to such tactics my self. I may be Forsaken, but many of you seem to forget I am a Knight of Lordaeron, I took an oath that I have followed past death: To defend this City and those you live inside of it, and to kill anything that may seek to destroy this. I will fight this man with Honor, for that is what he deserves. We both have taken oaths; we both lead armies that seek to make this world better for their people.”

“Your sad devotion to this ancient kingdom will betray you, if you let down your guard Hector will kill you!”

“Do not think by showing honor to this human that I will be letting down my guard, I will fight him with every once of strength I posses, and with this blade…”

Kovek unsheathed his dagger and jumped up from his seat, pushed the messenger against the wall, and placing his dagger against the Forsaken’s neck.

“… I will cut his heart out from his chest, and bring it back here to Sylvanus as proof of my victory. Now go, before my blade finds you, for they hunger.”

Kovek looked to the sky as he rode slowly down the weathered trails of the Arathi Highlands. Thunder roared in the distance and a light trickle of rain began to fall, a storm was coming, one that this land would not soon forget. As the Thandol Span slowly crept into view Kovek gripped the handle of his Axe tightly, this was a battle that would change the battle between the Crimson Knights and the Banshee’s Song forever, he could not miss this time, every strike must be filled with all the power he had, he would have to kill Hector, and he knew that would not be easy.

http://www.awib.us/wow/hector03.jpg

His mounts hoofs thundered over the ruined bridge, making his presence known. Across the bridge a Golden charger stood, a human clad in shining plate armor atop it, it was Hector. The two knights met halfway on the Bridge and dismounted. Lightening streaking across the clouded sky, and thunder roared as the rain began to fall heavier.

Resting his hands on his Axes prepared for anything, Kovek glared at the Paladin. He watched as the mans arm went over his shoulder and removed a giant mace from his back; he gripped it tightly and dug his feet into the ground preparing for battle. With a small grin, Kovek pulled out his axes and crouched down ready to charge.

http://www.awib.us/wow/hector04.jpg

This is man that you have failed to kill repeatedly, he has eluded your blades for weeks, and has led the Order that has been hunting your people down for years, he is the reason your people suffer… he is the reason your Queen does not completely trust you. Kill Hector, Kill the Paladin, Kill the Crimson Templar, End him, End Hectors Life, KILL HIM! With a slight twitch Kovek let out a scream of sheer anger, and charged Hector, flailing his axes around in a rage, aiming for nothing but his heart. The battle moved quickly as the two titans fended off each others attacks, parrying and blocking. Hector began to back up into the tunnels of the span as the enraged creature advanced on him.

http://www.awib.us/wow/hector05.jpg

The battle was at a stalemate, neither was landing any blows against the others defence, growing impatient Kovek dived for a killing blow, but was parried with ease, and now off balance, he looked up just in time to see the head of Hectors mace coming straight for his chest. It struck with the power of a kodo, sending him over the banister. A dent could be seen in his chest plate, and blood oozed from his mouth, he crawled up half dazed and saw Hector at the top of the stairs.

http://www.awib.us/wow/hector08.jpg

This could not happen, he thought to himself, he couldn’t lose to this human, this Paladin. He must end it here, he could not fail again. He picked up his axes, and charged the Paladin once again.

http://www.awib.us/wow/hector07.jpg

His first attack was parried, but with his other Axe he hooked it under the mace and with a quick jerk sent it sliding down the stairs, and leaving Hector disarmed. The Paladin reached behind his shoulder again, pulling out a small shield just in time to block Kovek’s next strike, but the force of the blow sent Hector back, his shield ramming against his face. Blood now dripping from his mouth as well. They both stood back for a moment breathing heavily, Hector turned his head, spitting out some blood. Hector reached down to his belt and unhooking a small hammer, and digging his feet into the ground once more.

http://www.awib.us/wow/hector09.jpg

The battle continued, both soldiers looking for a weakness in the others defense, until finally Kovek saw his chance and leaped for Hectors chest. He jumped back to dodge the blow, but was thrown off balance, seeing his chance, Kovek tackled him, sending them both against the stone wall, then down a flight of stairs onto an open balcony.

http://www.awib.us/wow/hector10.jpg

Both had lost their weapons, and it came down to swinging at each other, their fists beating against the others plate armor. They soon both backed off, giving them selves a chance to breath, they looked around in a daze, both bloodied and tired the drew their last weapons they had. It had become a battle down to the Knife.

http://www.awib.us/wow/hector13.jpg

Out of his left eye Kovek saw a flash of crimson, it was another Knight!

“They did plan a trap…” He thought to himself. “The Queen was right… they tricked me. Well they won’t get me without a fight… I won’t fail this time, Hector will die!

He lunged for the Paladin once again, striking with any energy he had left. Suddenly the stone they stood on began to crack, they both knew at this point that there could be no escape for them, the die fighting each other. In the middle of this chaos Kovek could only think of one final thing to say, it was battle cry that he heard on his first mission that brought him to Elwynn Forest, a battle cry that he felt was a last sign of deviance.

He looked at the Paladin with one final glare, and rushed him yelling at the top of his lungs.

“YOU NO TAKE CANDEL!”

http://www.awib.us/wow/hector15.jpg

Right then the stone gave way and both were sent plummeting to a watery death, both still swinging at each other as they fell.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My portion.

...Swift was the blow that took the head of the damned abomination that still held the frozen expression of hatred, remorse, suffering and damnation. Reaching down the golden clad Paladin lifted the skull of the now lifeless Forsaken, the magic that held the shattered life together all but gone; reaching down to his side his gloved hand passed over a black sheath, pulling out a strangely colored dagger, all ebon with the crimson lettering of C.D. on the hilt. Placing it on the table next to him he drew off a finely tuned feather, dipping the end in a small container of ink as he lavished the paper in an elaborate writing.

Kovek,
Let it be your misfortune to know that it was not Knight's that you struck down but allies of our banner and such actions will not be tolerated. Let me meet on the day of Winter veil at Thandol Span where we shall meet and end this blasphemy, many assassins have come for my life and not one has succeeded, nor shall you but this shall be a battle of honor. Bring tricks, deceit and traps but you shall not strike down the Paladin of Lordaeron so easily.

~Hector Arisius
Paladin of Lordaeron

Plunging the dagger through the soft, archaic flesh of the Forsaken's skull he kept the letter locked to it's forehead. Rising from his seat he looked to the side of the oaken table inside the Cathedral seeing that mighty hammer lean on the side that had smote the head of many Forsaken, the sight of Lordaeron in his vision with the crisp, virgin lands abound with children playing outside stone walls. The hypnotic sound of the ocean lapping against the shore with the vibrant sun overhead shining down upon the beautiful kingdom that once stood albeit this was but a dream, a fantasy now as that time was long gone. "We shall see, who rises."

-

His eyes caught the elven warrior Khaira that he had been suprised to see, her expression being one of horror as he felt the ledge give way with the epitome of the warriors having not ended yet, falling they continued to battle as they fell down into the raging water below, no sign of them to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.